Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: OKC vs Cavs finals

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Considering Bran owns KD soul as long as Cavs can get to play OKC instead of the Spurs, its an automatic championship
    it's not as automatic as you think.i think this time around, KD beats Lebron if OKC and Cavs meet in Finals.

Cleveland is poorly constructed. too many holes. the coach is a question mark too.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    You've named like 4 guys who are "good" defenders. If I was to name every "good" defender on OKC, It'd be

Westbrook
    Roberson
    Durant
    Ibaka
    Perkins
    Jackson
    PJ3
    Adams

All of those guys have some sort of elite athleticism and/or elite length that they are working with and also have stats showing that they are "good" individual defenders.

Marion is old as hell, he's not going to be reliable on that end.
    LeBron last year played some of the laziest criticism free defense that I've ever seen.
    And Varejao is always an injury risk.

Cleveland won't be a great defensive team no matter how much Cavs fans try to act like it isn't a problem. You guys will do fine in the East vs shit offenses every night, but the other contenders (Bulls, Spurs, OKC), are all miles better defensively than your team is.

u really gonna include durant in that list

Great college starter

Thunder don't scare me. They play too much isolation and had the heat played them in the Finals, Heat would have won. Only a team that shares the ball without a real offensive guy to key on besides Parker, could beat the heat.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

OKC management continues to be cheap, that Cavs bench would destroy theirs.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

OKC bench will not be weak this year.

Reggie Jackson
    Lamb/Morrow
    PJ3
    Collison/McGary
    Perkins/Adams

scoring, playmaking, length, interior size - okc bench is going to be nice. obviously Perkins is going to draw some laughs, and i openly admit that he is a terrible offensive player, but his playoff defense was decent this past year. he became so bashed that he finally became slightly underrated.

mcgary looked nice in summer league. Presti

Cleveland is deep - no question, but OKC can go 11 deep this year easily.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Jef
    OKC bench will not be weak this year.

Reggie Jackson
    Lamb/Morrow
    PJ3
    Collison/McGary
    Perkins/Adams

scoring, playmaking, length, interior size - okc bench is going to be nice. obviously Perkins is going to draw some laughs, and i openly admit that he is a terrible offensive player, but his playoff defense was decent this past year. he became so bashed that he finally became slightly underrated.

mcgary looked nice in summer league. Presti

Cleveland is deep - no question, but OKC can go 11 deep this year easily.

we shall see... Presti actually flew out to NZ just to hang with Steven Adams.... It seems like Presti is already doing everything he can to try and get Steven on board so we can lock him longterm later on.... I think our brass thinks REALLY high of Adams... Hopefully he starts next year.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    the coach is a question mark too.
    i'd rather have a wildcard than a proven incompetent pos like Brooks.

Banned

OKC would probably sweep them if this is the finals matchup.

Dunking on everybody in the park

we shall see... Presti actually flew out to NZ just to hang with Steven Adams.... It seems like Presti is already doing everything he can to try and get Steven on board so we can lock him longterm later on.... I think our brass thinks REALLY high of Adams... Hopefully he starts next year.
    I don't know if Steven Adams starts next year, although that doesn't mean that he won't play more minutes than Kendrick Perkins.

The reason why Kendrick Perkins may stay in the starting lineup is because he is such a negative on the offensive end that the bench may not be good enough to carry him while he's out there. He almost has to play with the starters to cover up his enormous offensive weaknesses.

Ideally, Perkins may start and only play 12 or 15 minutes a game on most nights, unless a certain match up dictates more than that against say Houston or Memphis. Steven Adams should probably play double the overall minutes at about 25 minutes per night than Perkins.

Or ideally, Steven Adams and McGary develop so rapidly this year that it makes trading Kendrick Perkins at the trade deadline a likely scenario when he has some additional value. But there's always a chance that Sam Presti doesn't want to take on additional inbound contracts because he may need that money for Reggie Jackson.
    Last edited by SOD 21; 08-19-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Bulls/OKC would be the best matchup IMO (The Bulls actually play defense), but I don't think the NBA is going to allow any matchup other than the Cavs vs OKC.
    Wasn't the Finals the past couple years supposed to be Durant vs. LeBron or Kobe vs LeBron.

If the Spurs are the most boring team in the NBA, why is the NBA letting them get to the Finals?

Orlando vs LA? NBA wanted Cleveland vs LA
    Dallas vs Miami? NBA wanted either LA or OKC vs Miami
    OKC vs Miami? NBA finally got one.
    SA vs Miami 2013? NBA wanted either LA or OKC vs Miami
    SA vs Miami 2014? Another one that the NBA actually wanted. Would've accepted OKC vs Miami.

The NBA doesn't have pull on the match-ups they want. They've only got the matchup they wanted 2 or 3 times in the past couple years.

Serious playground baller toneloc103's Avatar

You've named like 4 guys who are "good" defenders. If I was to name every "good" defender on OKC, It'd be

Westbrook
    Roberson
    Durant
    Ibaka
    Perkins
    Jackson
    PJ3
    Adams

All of those guys have some sort of elite athleticism and/or elite length that they are working with and also have stats showing that they are "good" individual defenders.

Marion is old as hell, he's not going to be reliable on that end.
    LeBron last year played some of the laziest criticism free defense that I've ever seen.
    And Varejao is always an injury risk.

Cleveland won't be a great defensive team no matter how much Cavs fans try to act like it isn't a problem. You guys will do fine in the East vs shit offenses every night, but the other contenders (Bulls, Spurs, OKC), are all miles better defensively than your team is.

Really? When did Durant become a good defender? How many minutes does Roberson play anayway? Jackson? Come on dude. just stop hating on the cavs, yes you do have Perkins .. if he is gaurding a stone pillar he is awesome...GTFOH

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    Cleveland and Oklahoma.

LMFAO at that city matchup. No offense to residents. Really no disrespect. But wow.

Now, Chicago and let's say.......Houston? Ratings galore and media hype out the ying yang.
    Because thats what really matters... not the teams, not the players, but the citiies...

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc103
    Because thats what really matters... not the teams, not the players, but the citiies...

To the media and writers reporting on this series. Yea it matters.

Anything else?

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    Cavs in 5.
    spurs repeat and cavs will not makes to the finals anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    To the media and writers reporting on this series. Yea it matters.

Anything else?
    Yes... what difference does that make. Who cares about the media and the writers? They dont matter.. oh wait .. neither do you... I get it now