Default How long do fingerprint background checks take?

My future employer will be a governmental job (on the state level) and I could of swore they said it would only take 3-5 days to complete the check. I've been searching the web on this issue and some say it could take a week and I've seen other places that claim it could take 2 months (I believe the 2 months pertained to the FBI.) Of course the time frame would depend on the thouroughness of the check and how far back they go, but I was just wondering if any of you guys had any personal experience with this issue. It's just that its almost been a month since I was fingerprinted and I'm getting a bit worried. I don't have a criminal record, but I will be in court for a car accident this month and maybe thats holding it up? On the application I think I checked something along the lines that I wasn't on trial or anything...but I could of swore the question pertained to criminal trial.

I've also sent an email about 2 week to my future employer and they said once they found out they would tell me. I sent another email last week and I didn't get back a response.

Default Re: How long do fingerprint background checks take?

A car accident? What the hell are you talking about? They take your fingerprints for car accidents now? How would they have your prints in the database otherwise?

Sorry for being unclear in my OP. On the application there was a question that went something like "Are you currently on trial" or something to that effect. I could of swore they were referencing to a criminal trial, thus, I answered no. However I am due to be meet with the lawyers for a pre-trial (I don't know the correct term) for a car accident that occurred a year ago and I'm thinking maybe that is why my results to my background check is being prolonged and maybe that why my future employer has not responded back to me. Maybe the question I answered "no" to was referencing to any sort of trial. I could be overthinking it......

Actually I'm scheduled to go on a pre-trial and I believe I'm only meeting with the lawyers. Anyways I think I just need to be patient, I am dealing with state bureaucracies and they tend to be slow as fck. Mods can delete this thread.

I'm pretty sure you're overthinking it. I think they're talking about criminal rather than civil. And as far as your fingerprints go, they don't have it. They can't match the ones they took because you've never had them taken before. People's fingerprints aren't just readily available out of the blue.

It can take a long time, up to a year or more in some cases. Obviously sometimes much shorter. There is not always a reason for the length of time it takes.

Not hearing anything is not a reason to worry. If something is wrong you will hear about it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

It only took me a week.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

usually those app questions are asking if you are involved in any litigation, regardless if it's civil or criminal.

Very good NBA starter

I'm just like you. I woried over so many things and when you start worrying, you over think things like "It was CRIMINAL trial, right?" etc. Maybe you should just call them, but I bet this is eating you up on the inside right now.

So I heard back from them today LOL. What are the chances of that?

PS:

I passed the background check 2 weeks ago, but no one informed me of anything. State bureaucracies suck.