Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-16-2007, 08:28 AM   #1
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

Default Knicks players want Marbury Benched

Hey, I just saw this article posted on Yahoo, its from Rotowire and Yahoo sports.

Nov 16 According to Yahoo! Sports, a poll of the Knicks players returned a unanimous vote for benching Marbury Wednesday night against the Clippers.

Knicks coach Isiah Thomas asked Jamal Crawford to poll the players, and pledged to hold out Marbury even if one player didn't want him on the court. Despite the unanimous vote, Thomas went ahead and gave Marbury 34 minutes of run. "My goal is to try to win a basketball game," Thomas told the New York Daily News Wednesday night after the Knicks's loss to Los Angeles. "I've played with people I don't like. I've won with people I don't like. We're a professional basketball team, and my job is to try and win the basketball game. However I feel about a person doesn't matter. We're trying to win. Whatever happened in the past is in the past and we move forward."

I don't know what the hell Isiah is thinking there. If I have 14 guys on the team tell me they want a player benched, and the 15th guy is the one that should be benched, he should've left Marbury on the bench the entire game. Seeing him out there playing most of the game after what he did would deplete me and make me angry if I was a Knick player in that game. Really dumb move by Isiah on Wednesday night.

Hopefully this gets resolved, because it seems to have gone beyond "Isiah and Marbury don't get along," and is now in the realm of "the whole team doesn't want anything to do with Marbury." Maybe that is a little extreme, but the more he plays the more they're going to resent him is my guess.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:46 AM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Default Re: Knicks players want Marbury Benched

I don't know how true that report is, but I hope it is. At least it shows solidarity among the players themselves.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:57 AM   #3
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

No Marbury=Losses.

Collins? Robinson? Crawford? Yeah, right.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:48 AM   #4
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Marbury = just as many loses.

I'd rather watch a team play talented young players and watch them grow together into a winning team. To suffer through the hard defeats and learn from them.

I have had my bely full of Mebury and his type of players.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:55 AM   #5
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

I'd rather win now with Marbs. I'm sick of the past five or six years sitting in front of a tv watching a basketball team not take a game seriously. Letting scrubs and bums play through that time. Better PG than Marbs? None on the bench that's for sure. I hate to watch almost a whole game and coming out flat.

None of the bums on the bench can fill Marbs shoes. They are going to have to look else where. I'm sick of losing. It's about time to start winning. Regardless if it's a headache that helps them do it.

I'd rather have a headache and win that a "good guy" or "team player" and lose. I might have thought differently at the end of the 90's or the beginning of this decade. I'm just sick of cheering for a team that utterly and flatout sucks.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:19 AM   #6
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Allow me to be devil's advocate....

It could also work as a show of support from Isiah. Basically his way of saying he will stick by his guy's through the thick and the thin. Sort of a "we are a family" showing to say that like a family even when we fight we stick with each other.

Honestly though who the hell knows how any of this will turn out. This is by far one of the oddest stories I've ever witnessed with this team, public or private.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:53 AM   #7
KnicksFanInDal
Saw a basketball once

"According to Yahoo! Sports"??

What do they know??

Were they there??

Did Crawford drop a dime??

No information about where some other news organization got their info. Just blind trust that if a news organization reports something, it has to be true.

I don't believe a word of it unless they name names.
KnicksFanInDal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:55 AM   #8
Blue&Orange
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
No Marbury=Losses.

Collins? Robinson? Crawford? Yeah, right.
The guy folded against the worst team in the NBA playing at home and you still think he is going to bring wins? yeah right, and Crawford has been running the team a lot more then Marbury since last season, and go see Collins stats againt Kidd last season as a rookie, i don't remember the last time Marbury had similar numbers against Kidd, if he ever did, Marbury as been below mediocre when it counts at both ends, yes he can score, but so can Fred Jones, he should come from the bench, not play more than 25m, and the knicks will be a better team, period.

Marbury entered the game with just 39s played in the second half, and the team goes for 17 straight misses, that kind of gives some credibility to this rumor.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

If the team has any commitment wo winning they will resolve this.

It is obvious even from past groups that marbs has alienated himself from team mates.

The news even unconfirmed isn't surprising. At least it shouldn't be.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:47 PM   #10
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

The Knicks are in a state of turmoil and confusion. James (Fiddle-while-Rome-Burns) Dolan, Isiah (Two-Faced) Thomas and Stephon (Always-Me-Myself-&-I-First) Marbury bring the circus to town early and all too often with their antics.

Until fans pay back the Knicks antics and poor play at the box office and by boycotting sponsors the Knicks will continue to decline and disappoint.

Every time YOU buy a Knick ticket or a sponsor's product YOU are saying YES CableBlindness' sexual discrimination, bigotry and stupidity. It is time for fans to STOP enabling this travesty!
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #11
ChanningShamgod
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
The Knicks are in a state of turmoil and confusion. James (Fiddle-while-Rome-Burns) Dolan, Isiah (Two-Faced) Thomas and Stephon (Always-Me-Myself-&-I-First) Marbury bring the circus to town early and all too often with their antics.

Until fans pay back the Knicks antics and poor play at the box office and by boycotting sponsors the Knicks will continue to decline and disappoint.

Every time YOU buy a Knick ticket or a sponsor's product YOU are saying YES CableBlindness' sexual discrimination, bigotry and stupidity. It is time for fans to STOP enabling this travesty!

ChanningShamgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:57 PM   #12
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I think Dolan has gotten the message. The TV ratings are at a an all time low. I'm sure Stern is also in his ear right about now.

Not to mention his people must be reading and listening to all this negative stuff from fans and the media.

He knows he has to do something.

Again it has been proven Marbury is a cancer.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:04 PM   #13
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Let's get ready for another terrible season.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:45 PM   #14
j Fresh3
Banned

I'm going to sleep. Wake me up when the Knicks can finally contend in the NBA.
j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:07 PM   #15
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksFanInDal
"According to Yahoo! Sports"??

What do they know??

Were they there??

Did Crawford drop a dime??

No information about where some other news organization got their info. Just blind trust that if a news organization reports something, it has to be true.

I don't believe a word of it unless they name names.

Kinda confused by this post. Personally, I trust Yahoo as much as if it said "according to the AP news" or the "New York Post" or anything. And what names do you want to be named? Isiah Thomas, Jamal Crawford, and Stephon Marbury were all named in that report. Do you want the name of a reporter or something? Who gives a ****.

Is it that hard to believe that a team full of guys who want to win would be upset at a guy who is supposed to be the team LEADER that just left the team when they go on a road trip, starting against one of the best teams in the NBA in the Phoenix Suns? Long sentence... I'd ask for him to be benched for at least that game, if not a few games or the rest of the road trip. make him go to every game and every practice but be the 3rd option off the bench. If he doesn't care enough about the TEAM and about his FANS and about the other players on the TEAM to stay with them and give them a shot to win, screw him.

I'd just as soon see more of the young players get some run and improve themselves. Give Mardy a real shot at running the team and see where it gets us. if it's worse than 2-5 after 7 games, then try Nate, or Crawford or whatever.

If marbury doesn't care about the team, get him outta here. Take his 10 dimes and 3 assists somewhere else (maybe he was subtracting?)
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: