Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-20-2007, 09:04 AM   #1
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Default This is depressing

I was totally hoping by this time the forum would be jumping. We would have a good record with only 3 or 4 loses at most and those loses would be close games.

I was hoping that we would see a marked improvement from all players and a as team concerning turnovers and defense. The addition to the team of Z Bo and a good draft along with another season under the belt of our players would make us a formidable power, lost post team difficult to match up with.

What we do have is another year of disappointment and dysfunction.

As a fan you are always optimistic about your team and favorite players no matter what the reality of it is.

As I have written before the dysfunction starts at the top and works it way down. Dolan is who he is and that's not going to change. Isiah is a below average coach and GM.

But I think the cancer on this team has always been Marbury. Team management's dysfunction aside, lets look at his history. He has been in the league long enough to have set his mark on it. His play has always been what it is and that is of a scoring guard with in a point guard's body. He lacks the fundamental techniques needed to play championship basketball not to mention the position he plays which is PG. He has always gotten by on his athletic ability, not his solid game. Guess what?....that athletic ability is waning. Teams have looked the other way because he put up numbers, not in the win column though.

It has been proven that he has a history of causing turmoil not harmony wherever he goes. He is not well liked by the other players and is not a leader, he's s selfish self-centered player. That is not someone to build a team around.

He is a cancer that needs to be cut from the body for the body to survive.

This team and franchise is sick, it's dying a slow death from the disease of dysfunction and selfishness. It seems one brings the other in and feeds it instead of destroying it.

As a player how would you feel playing on this team? Would you want to?

Look at it from that perspective, players although being paid big salaries are human beings too. So put yourself in that position. I would be depressed about the whole thing. I would be upset my boss is incompetent and the owner is a guy like Dolan. I would be upset that when I look over I see teammates like Jerome James and Marbury. That is not a good working environment and I can't see how the other players could emotionally overcome those factors. I bet deep down inside most of the Knicks are down and out, they want to get out or just want things to be the way they are supposed to be on a team.

To be a team without Starbury's and lowlife's for bosses. I'm sure they just want to play basketball and win. Winning heals all wounds and brings back the dying.

Unless some changes are made really fast this is going to be a long season.

Marbury must be traded or bought-out ASAP!!!!!!!

We must start playing the younger players and see what they have, also develop them for the future. Lee, Collins and Balkman have proven themselves because they got to play. It's time to see if Chandler can play and give these guys minutes do or die.

Collins
Crawford
Balkman
Z Bo
Curry

Lee first off the bench and lets see what Chandler, Morris and Nate can do getting real minutes in a sensible rotation. Lets get rid of all the drama and play basketball.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:05 AM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: This is depressing

Good post.....I can hear the Marbury sackk holders on their way.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

To me the depressing thing is that all this turmoil has come about due to the over-reaction to a couple tough losses.

The team started the season looking like a playoff contender. Not a lock for the post-season but definitely a team in the hunt. Two hard to swallow losses (Orlando and Miami) and the pressure of “righting the ship” got to everyone involved.

I really hope this team can get back on track cause while many people only want to focus on the Knicks’ negative they have many positive traits too.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:11 AM   #4
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

See, that's what dysfunction does, it magnifies the negatives even if there are only a few. It magnifies them so much that it overshadows any positives.

I still say we have the most talented 15 in the league. But without proper leadership it doesn't mean anything.

We do not have the proper leadership on the court and certainly not off it either.

It's time for some of the younger players to take a stand, they did against marbury only to be shot down by Isiah. That was a slap in the face of the players. He basically told them your opinion doesn't mean anything, that is not the way to get them to play for you, it alienates them.

This is a mess and it needs cleaning up.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Tell me the positives.....

Here are the negatives....

1) Team and Man to man defense has been garbage every game this year.
2)They don't guard the perimeter leaving wide open jumpers all game.
3)No shotblockers.
4)Team is a turnover machine.
5)Does not have a go to guy.
6)Lanes are wide open for penetration.
7)Offense is high erratic
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:38 AM   #6
Da KO King

Quote:
Tell me the positives.....
1 - rebounding
2 - interior offense as a group
3 - interior offense in individuals (how many teams have one player as effective as Eddy Curry or Zach Randolph?)
4 - young players have shown signs of improvement
5 - doing an adequate job getting in the passing lanes
6 - turnovers are down (still not good but they are down)
Old 11-20-2007, 11:43 AM   #7
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

The question is why are we not improved. Why are those negatives still there?

That goes with the original post......dysfunction breeds incompetence.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:03 PM   #8
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
The question is why are we not improved. Why are those negatives still there?

That goes with the original post......dysfunction breeds incompetence.
The season is not even ten games old. All the Knicks negatives are things that can only be improved through time together.

This was going to be the first time in about five or six years that the Knicks were coming into the season with the same core of players and coaching staff as the previous season.

No matter who you guys wish was on the team or getting more minutes none of those problems will go away instantly. Team chemistry and familiarity are not as easy to build as just lumping a "star" with some role-players.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:31 PM   #9
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Exactly, the season is 10 games old and we are in crisis already.....that's sad.

Look at all the incidents leading up to the latest one. A long list of screw-ups and poor decisions going back years.

That's why the depression, it's just never ending and as long as Dolan is in charge it will never end.

To that, there be no reason for optimism or hope. That's my point, nothing has changed, nothing will change and it's going to be one thing after another over and over again, year in and year out until something is done to change the direction of this franchise.

Just when you have hope and optimism some selfish malcontent throws a monkey wrench in the gear box, meaning Mebury, AKA: Starbury, Marbury, coach killer, loser.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: