Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-22-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Default This is what I would do.

If I was coaching the Knicks this is what I would do. I think we have a lot of talent. But I feel we are playing the wrong players for the wrong reasons.

There is too much indecision by Isiah and confusion. Marbury said something to the effect that he was amazed at how well coached the Pistons were. They all knew what to do and were to go under any circumstance. He was taking a shot at Isiah but actually shot himself because he is as much to blame. Was he saying that because he wants to be traded and Detroit is a possibility...who knows, who cares.

As for Marbury I would tell him to go home until we could trade him, period. Even if that's next year, just go home and sell his sneakers.

I would turn the ball over to Collins and tell him it's your team, do your thing. Protect the ball, run the offense, play defense and drive to the basket when you have an opening, take your shot if it's open but run the team, it's yours.

Crawford would start at the 2 but I would say take your shot when you're open, when you're not, pass the freakin' ball. Play defense but don't give up your game and shoot, just take better shots. Protect the ball better.....think out there!!! But take yer shot when yer open!!!

At this point Balkman is hurt so I would start Chandler. His instructions are just play like you did in college with minor adjustments to your game. Do your thing. But look to pass inside first before you go into your thing and play defense. See what he can do, yes he's going to make mistakes but we have to find out it this guy can play and I think he can. When we gave Collins and Lee and Balkman a chance they all proved they can play the game and had special talents that can help you win if used properly. I think Chandler has more natural ability and game than any of those players.

Z Bo, just be Z Bo, you're an all star but step up the D and keep doing what you have been. He has passed to Curry many times, I have yet to see Curry pass back, I think Z Bo is not liking that. He was playing great until all this BS started it has effected him no doubt!!!! he gets a lot of rebound and plays hard. I have nothing bad to say and happy we got him, but is he happy? I don't think so right now and it shows in his shooting. I'm sure he is very disappointed and shocked at all the BS from Marbury and this organization.

Curry....hey you're the man inside and the ball is going through you, but PASS it out if you're doubled or tripled, it means someone is open. And PLAY DEFENSE or you will sit. Don't worry about fouls, do not let people down the middle. Make a statement that if you come down the middle you have to deal with me, that goes for Z Bo too.

Lee is the first big man off the bench and he doesn't need to do anything other than what he does. But he's the only guy who stays around the basket after someone shoots and tries to box out and get the rebound, the other Knicks stand around, they do not move without the basketball.

Morris is the next bigman, to relieve Curry. Get him in there to use his body and not worry about fouls. I think the Knicks worry too much about fouls. Rebound, and use you body, take your shot if it's there but defer to Z Bo first or kick it out.

Q is the 3 off the bench to fill in until Balkman is back. He's a warm body. He can't play right now because he is really hurt and it shows. Why is Isiah even playing him let alone start him...DUH. when balkman is back tell Q to sit until he's healed and in shape, he looks too heavy and slow.

Nate is the first guard off the bench. He is what he is and instant offense and crazy man play. He's good for a few minutes of energy and that's it. You have to know when to put him in and when to pull him. I don't think Isiah does.

Jones can fill in at guard and is next.

Same for Jefferies. I would use him more at the 4 and 5. He is not a very good 3 unless just as a defender against certain players. Again Isiah does not know how to use this guy.

To sum it up Isiah does not know how to set up a starting lineup, he uses the wrong criteria. He does not know how to set up a rotation and it seems like his team does not know were to be and were to go and what to do. Why? Is it because they are not listening or not getting the correct information? Or are they being sabotaged by a few players who are not doing what Isiah wants? These things we don't really know but I can surmise that it might be all of the above.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
Blue&Orange
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: This is what I would do.

I would start Jeffries right now, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks in 30 minutes, that beats anything Q. as done so far.

I agree in pretty much everything else.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:51 AM   #3
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

If I was Isiah Thomas I’d sit them down and have a team meeting. I’d address all the issues surrounding myself and the team. I’d address each player’s perceived flaw.

I’d basically attempt to foster an “Us against the World/We are a family” atmosphere. Basically just attempt to rally the troops and get every one on the same page.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:50 AM   #4
chuckforset
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
If I was coaching the Knicks this is what I would do. I think we have a lot of talent. But I feel we are playing the wrong players for the wrong reasons.

There is too much indecision by Isiah and confusion. Marbury said something to the effect that he was amazed at how well coached the Pistons were. They all knew what to do and were to go under any circumstance. He was taking a shot at Isiah but actually shot himself because he is as much to blame. Was he saying that because he wants to be traded and Detroit is a possibility...who knows, who cares.

As for Marbury I would tell him to go home until we could trade him, period. Even if that's next year, just go home and sell his sneakers.

I would turn the ball over to Collins and tell him it's your team, do your thing. Protect the ball, run the offense, play defense and drive to the basket when you have an opening, take your shot if it's open but run the team, it's yours.

Crawford would start at the 2 but I would say take your shot when you're open, when you're not, pass the freakin' ball. Play defense but don't give up your game and shoot, just take better shots. Protect the ball better.....think out there!!! But take yer shot when yer open!!!

At this point Balkman is hurt so I would start Chandler. His instructions are just play like you did in college with minor adjustments to your game. Do your thing. But look to pass inside first before you go into your thing and play defense. See what he can do, yes he's going to make mistakes but we have to find out it this guy can play and I think he can. When we gave Collins and Lee and Balkman a chance they all proved they can play the game and had special talents that can help you win if used properly. I think Chandler has more natural ability and game than any of those players.

Z Bo, just be Z Bo, you're an all star but step up the D and keep doing what you have been. He has passed to Curry many times, I have yet to see Curry pass back, I think Z Bo is not liking that. He was playing great until all this BS started it has effected him no doubt!!!! he gets a lot of rebound and plays hard. I have nothing bad to say and happy we got him, but is he happy? I don't think so right now and it shows in his shooting. I'm sure he is very disappointed and shocked at all the BS from Marbury and this organization.

Curry....hey you're the man inside and the ball is going through you, but PASS it out if you're doubled or tripled, it means someone is open. And PLAY DEFENSE or you will sit. Don't worry about fouls, do not let people down the middle. Make a statement that if you come down the middle you have to deal with me, that goes for Z Bo too.

Lee is the first big man off the bench and he doesn't need to do anything other than what he does. But he's the only guy who stays around the basket after someone shoots and tries to box out and get the rebound, the other Knicks stand around, they do not move without the basketball.

Morris is the next bigman, to relieve Curry. Get him in there to use his body and not worry about fouls. I think the Knicks worry too much about fouls. Rebound, and use you body, take your shot if it's there but defer to Z Bo first or kick it out.

Q is the 3 off the bench to fill in until Balkman is back. He's a warm body. He can't play right now because he is really hurt and it shows. Why is Isiah even playing him let alone start him...DUH. when balkman is back tell Q to sit until he's healed and in shape, he looks too heavy and slow.

Nate is the first guard off the bench. He is what he is and instant offense and crazy man play. He's good for a few minutes of energy and that's it. You have to know when to put him in and when to pull him. I don't think Isiah does.

Jones can fill in at guard and is next.

Same for Jefferies. I would use him more at the 4 and 5. He is not a very good 3 unless just as a defender against certain players. Again Isiah does not know how to use this guy.

To sum it up Isiah does not know how to set up a starting lineup, he uses the wrong criteria. He does not know how to set up a rotation and it seems like his team does not know were to be and were to go and what to do. Why? Is it because they are not listening or not getting the correct information? Or are they being sabotaged by a few players who are not doing what Isiah wants? These things we don't really know but I can surmise that it might be all of the above.

stop hating on marbury. scored 19 last game. 28 this game.

he doesnt turn the ball over

And shoots well.

I love collins and would consider marbury at sg

collins
marbs
jeffries
randolph
curry
chuckforset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:52 AM   #5
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

He's a cancer who brings discord to a team. You can't win with those type of players and that's why he hasn't won. Now that he's a 10 year veteran his leadership is even more important, but the fact is he has none.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: