Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2007, 02:37 PM   #16
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,349
Default Re: The Knicks Will Get Back On Track.

Why shouldn't we be negative?

How many years of this crap?

Enough already, let's get some competent people in here and build a winner.

This New York and one of the biggest cities in the USA not to mention the capitol of business for this country. It's embarrassing to have a bad team and such poor management in a place known for being the center of business.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 04:29 PM   #17
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.
 
BrooklynZoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,340
Default Re: The Knicks Will Get Back On Track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Jeffries wasn't even known as we put it in Washington.

The guy has not logged 30 mpg in any season he has played. Surely a "known defender" can log 30 ,mpg as a starter??

At least I see ur not making a case for the other guys you mentioned.


isaih signed him as a defensive specialist. u made it a point to say that NO ONE on the knicks is known for their defense...theyre a bad defensive team but thats just a stupid thing to say when jeffries was brought in as a defensive player and there are other guys on the team who are noted as solid defenders. theres tons of teams that dont have ben wallaces n bruce bowens on their teams.


btw first article i found when searchin jared jeffries.. LINK

Quote:
They spent the week signing Stevenson -- who, like Jeffries, is known for his perimeter defense

k, thanks
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 04:30 PM   #18
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.
 
BrooklynZoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,340
Default Re: The Knicks Will Get Back On Track.

the more i read the posts on this forum, the more i think theres a lot of knicks fans who dont have a clue
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 04:50 PM   #19
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 8,355
Default Re: The Knicks Will Get Back On Track.

He works hard on his defense, he's known for it because he sucks so bad on offense. Just because he tries to play D doesn't mean he's always good.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:38 PM   #20
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.
 
BrooklynZoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,340
Default Re: The Knicks Will Get Back On Track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
He works hard on his defense, he's known for it because he sucks so bad on offense. Just because he tries to play D doesn't mean he's always good.

so i guess your argument is, if u suck on offense and try on defense, you get known for your defense
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:07 PM   #21
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 8,355
Default Re: The Knicks Will Get Back On Track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
so i guess your argument is, if u suck on offense and try on defense, you get known for your defense

not even.

he sucks on both
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:52 PM   #22
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 7,943
Default Re: The Knicks Will Get Back On Track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
isaih signed him as a defensive specialist. u made it a point to say that NO ONE on the knicks is known for their defense...theyre a bad defensive team but thats just a stupid thing to say when jeffries was brought in as a defensive player and there are other guys on the team who are noted as solid defenders. theres tons of teams that dont have ben wallaces n bruce bowens on their teams.


Jeffries should not be mentioned in any sentence with those two.

Here is some info that may help you to truly understand Jeffries...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1359028

Here is a quote also....

"Keys to playing Jeffries: Make him guard you, and go right at him; push him off the lane and make him make a move; keep him off the glass and the free throw line."

Wonder why defense wasn't mentioned???

That was his college days.

Here is another one....

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...ared_Jeffries/

Another quote.....

"If Jeffries can find a position to call home, he could be a solid contributor off the bench."

A solid "contributor off the bench".

Just goes to show Zeke has no clue in making player aquisitions.


So I will say yeah right, believe the AP all you want.

Last edited by knickscity : 11-25-2007 at 08:54 PM.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:14 PM   #23
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,349
Default Re: The Knicks Will Get Back On Track.

Isiah has no clue when or were to play any players. he knows how to sign them but has no rhyme or reason to his signings. Once he has those players he cannot figure out how to make it work. he should had all this figured out before he went into preseason, yet he's still looking for combinations.

Jefferies can play the 4/5 against smaller quicker lineups, period. He should never shoot unless he's close to the basket, yet he tries all the time driving to the basket off balance. He looks like he's going to fall down, plus he has no outside shot. Just D up and don't worry about fouls, rebound and run the floor and he'd be okay.

That's how Isiah should use him, but Isiah does not define roles so players don't know exactly what is expected from them. That's one reason Marbury said what he said after playing the Pistons. There was something to what he said but in his condemnation of Isiah he was also condemning himself.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:07 PM   #24
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.
 
BrooklynZoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,340
Default Re: The Knicks Will Get Back On Track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Jeffries should not be mentioned in any sentence with those two.

Here is some info that may help you to truly understand Jeffries...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1359028

Here is a quote also....

"Keys to playing Jeffries: Make him guard you, and go right at him; push him off the lane and make him make a move; keep him off the glass and the free throw line."

Wonder why defense wasn't mentioned???

That was his college days.

Here is another one....

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...ared_Jeffries/

Another quote.....

"If Jeffries can find a position to call home, he could be a solid contributor off the bench."

A solid "contributor off the bench".

Just goes to show Zeke has no clue in making player aquisitions.


So I will say yeah right, believe the AP all you want.


isiah got him to be a defensive specialist, and the article in describin him notes him for his defense. the end.
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:44 AM   #25
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 7,943
Default Re: The Knicks Will Get Back On Track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
isiah got him to be a defensive specialist, and the article in describin him notes him for his defense. the end.

And the guys sucks on both ends of the court. Regardless of what he was brought in for.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:58 AM   #26
Blue&Orange
NBA rookie of the year
 
Blue&Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,737
Default Re: The Knicks Will Get Back On Track.

In his defense, he's the only Knick with two blocks in a game this season.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy