Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 11-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #1
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Anyone having doubts about this season?

Sure its early and there is supposed to be this "waiting period" but…

I am currently watching the Kings game, and this team is STILL struggling.

Too much has come at once. New players, new coach… I am starting to doubt Curry. The players are looking fucking clueless out there on the court. The Kings have just destroyed the Pistons in the first quarter scoring 22 points in the paint!

Guys are committing stupid fouls, guys are shooting nothing but jump shots and missing them… Its pure disarray out there on the floor these last few games. AI is actually doing his thing pretty well so no blame to him.

This is looking very bad and the this team will be under .500 in a week. Its at that point on this team will spend the rest of the season just trying to even get into the playoffs…

/frustrated
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:40 AM   #2
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation
Default Re: Anyone having doubts about this season?

The team needs back dice.Amir,Kwame & Maxiell together had 5 rebounds only. Rasheed Wallace did 7 rebounds, when AI did 7 rebounds in the game.This is a problem to be solved.
Prince has been the best player ever since the AI trade.RIP is shooting badly4-16.Half his points were from free throws.

Yeh frustration is building, but i take first win WITH AI in Pistons jersey..
Hopefully chemistry is settling more & more...
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:27 AM   #3
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

i'm happy to see chauncey's contract go and more confident about this team's chances in the playoffs. AI steps it up in the postseason, chauncey not so much. I like our speed and that this opens up a bigger role for Tayshaun.

the defense seems fairly solid still. thats important to me because I'm confident the offense will come along. we haven't really seen what stuckey can do yet. in the two games he's played since AI came in he was in constant foul trouble. I think he can play a lot better and will improve as the season goes on.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No doubts here. They seem to be gelling pretty fast. AI is a go to scorer which Detroit has never had before. He can carry them through those slumps that we are used to seeing in the playoffs. Hopefully that means we don't have those games that we just give away. If we get Dice back the depth will be there. I'd be a lot more confident in things if we got him back. If Kwame can play like he did last night that's exactly what Detroit has needed at center since Wallace left us. I don't think I've ever seen a game like that out of Kwame.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:22 PM   #5
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Kwame did what exactly what he was brought here to do. Indeed if only we can get consistent contribution from him it can work out well. We are in dire need of McDyess as we currently lack solid front court players and Maxiell seems to be under performing, Amir can't stay out of foul trouble.

I am a skeptic but at the same time I have faith deep down that this team can still compete for a championship no matter what the pundits say. Players just have to play hard every night and believe in them selves. Curry has to make the proper adjustments and keep these guys focused. Focus should be the NBA Finals. With that common goal, hopefully this team can step up and maintain that focus to win.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #6
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

i'm worried that we still aren't strong enough down low to win the championship. chris kaman or zach randolph would really help but I don't think we have a chance of getting somebody like that.

stuckey will have to step it up and start hitting jumpshots so he stops turning it over on charges.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:31 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not sure if either of those guys helps that much. A motivated Sheed is what we need down low. At least he is getting along with Curry. If we get McDyess back I think they have enough. There really isn't a team in the NBA that one could definitively guarantee would beat Detroit in a 7 game series. You can't ask for much more than that. The competition is going to be close in the playoffs.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: