Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I rep Lakers!

Default Kawhi Leonard hasn't even scratched his potential yet...

Worth every dollar of the max

Cmon Lakers

Default Re: Kawhi Leonard hasn't even scratched his potential yet...

Rich man's Nicolas Batum

Decent playground baller GabeIsGone's Avatar

will be spurs best player this season. book it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

He's the next Shawn Marion. Depending on how you feel about Marion I guess he's either underrated or underrated.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 11-11-2014 at 02:30 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    He's the next Shawn Marion. Depending on how you feel about Leonard I guess he's either underrated or underrated.
    He's got way better handles, iso ability, and shot mechanics.

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

He's the next Shawn Marion. Depending on how you feel about Leonard I guess he's either underrated or underrated.
    he is more big time player than marion and play lock down defence

What is his ceiling?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    He's got way better handles, iso ability
    Extreme exaggeration. And I thought the Paul George hype the last 2 seasons from Kobe / Pacer stans was laying it on thick ...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul George 24
    he is more big time player than marion and play lock down defence

Yeah...Shawn Marion has been playing lock down defense his whole career.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Extreme exaggeration. And I thought the Paul George hype was laying it on thick ...

It's really not.. Kawhis iso ability and handles are average maybe very slightly above average. Marions are both extremely below average.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    What is his ceiling?
    Ceiling to me means what that player can become under 100% perfect circumstances in terms of situation, guidance, work ethic, mindset, etc. What that player would be if he maxed out every single aspect of his game. If we consider that..Kawhi's ceiling is pretty damn high, imo. People are quick to temper expectations and I don't see why, when we're talking about a player's ceiling..it's called a ceiling for a reason. In no way does it mean that player will actually reach it.

For Kawhi I think it's something like a more scoring-oriented version of a slightly poor man's Scottie Pippen. Less natural playmaking vision, slightly better scoring capability.

Odds are he won't reach it, in fact I'm positive he won't, but that's his absolute maximum potential imo. Again, if everything goes 100% perfectly in his development.

A more realistic comparison I think would be a humble, sane version of prime Artest with better scoring/shooting. Which to me is a monster of a two-way player, 20-22 ppg on offense and DPOY level perimeter defense.

He's only 23..this dude has potentially 6-7 years left to improve and when you have Gregg Popovich coaching you, Timmy D, Manu, Parker, etc to learn from, the value of those 6-7 years are taken to another level entirely.

Kiwi will get the max (or near) and he is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Ceiling to me means what that player can become under 100% perfect circumstances in terms of situation, guidance, work ethic, mindset, etc. What that player would be if he maxed out every single aspect of his game. If we consider that..Kawhi's ceiling is pretty damn high, imo. People are quick to temper expectations and I don't see why, when we're talking about a player's ceiling..it's called a ceiling for a reason. In no way does it mean that player will actually reach it.

For Kawhi I think it's something like a more scoring-oriented version of a slightly poor man's Scottie Pippen. Less natural playmaking vision, slightly better scoring capability.

Odds are he won't reach it, in fact I'm positive he won't, but that's his absolute maximum potential imo. Again, if everything goes 100% perfectly in his development.

A more realistic comparison I think would be a humble, sane version of prime Artest with better scoring/shooting. Which to me is a monster of a two-way player, 20-22 ppg on offense and DPOY level perimeter defense.

He's only 23..this dude has potentially 6-7 years left to improve and when you have Gregg Popovich coaching you, Timmy D, Manu, Parker, etc to learn from, the value of those 6-7 years are taken to another level entirely.
    I agree with your entire post.

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Yeah...Shawn Marion has been playing lock down defense his whole career.
    more low post defender

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck

Great poast.

I agree. Better version of artest.