Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-13-2018, 02:21 PM   #16
NBASTATMAN
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: KD is better now than 2nd three-peat Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongLurk
Second three peat MJ doesn't do a SINGLE thing better than Durant.

Durant is a better scorer, defender, rebounder. Passing is equal at best for Jordan.

Jesus 3ball is an embarassing poster. He probably thinks Wizards Jordan is the GOAT as well.

2ND 3PEAT MJ was an ALPHA among all ALPHAS.. He didnt need to join the exact team that beat him the year prior... Durant is great but he is playing at another level because he joined a team that already had its shit together.. He didnt help build that... Great scorer but he isnt on MJs level..
NBASTATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:57 PM   #17
Micku
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

Durant is a better scorer, defender, rebounder. Passing is equal at best for Jordan.

Jesus 3ball is an embarassing poster. He probably thinks Wizards Jordan is the GOAT as well.

I think MJ was still a better defender in 96. He was better at reading the passing lane and heading back on D. He was top 3 in steals that year. Better at fighting off the screens too. KD isn't averaging above 1 spg this year.

MJ was better in the post obviously. Probably equal or better with the midrange. In 97, I think he nearly average 50% on the midrange. KD is averaging a bit over 50% this year, but on way less shots. I dunno about KD being a better scorer than MJ that year, but KD is definitely more efficient. It's hard to tell tho due to the nature of KD's team. How many ppg does he average w/o Curry? I haven't looked that up. MJ averaged 30 ppg the whole year.

KD was better finisher and shooter overall. Granted, the rules back then made it harder to finish around the basket due to the lack of spacing and big guys could camp at the paint. It was harder for perimeter players in general.

It's a shame that we don't have the stats of oFG% in 96 and other detailed stats.

I won't really argue against ppl who say KD is better than 2nd peat MJ. I think so too. But I don't think KD did everything better than MJ. I always considered that MJ 2nd peat was more like Kobe 08-10 level, but better.

I do wish KD never would join the GSW. It's really hard to judge how great he is due to how already great they are w/o him. He didn't establish the culture over there. Pretty much almost everything KD does with the GSW is a bit hollow for me.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:37 PM   #18
3ball
NBA Legend

Tea
Quote:

Jesus 3ball is an embarassing poster. He probably thinks Wizards Jordan is the GOAT as well

In 97 and 98 playoffs (the only years we have advanced data for), jordan scored half his team's 4th quarter points while on the floor and hit 3 game winners in the Finals, while having higher PPG and Player Efficiency Rating than durant ever had in the playoffs

No seriously, why do you think durant is better again? Because he's having a good regular season?.. Gtfo.. I guess derrick rose and nash are better too, smh

Btw, jordan was a better scorer inside the 3 pt line.. A much better inside scorer.. Tbh, durant has no moves compared to jordan, except off the dribble.. And durant's fadeaway is a 5 to jordan's 10.. Think of jordan's fadeaway as an unstoppable move that he could get 40 off of it any night he wanted.. It was like kareem's skyhook

Last edited by 3ball : 01-13-2018 at 03:45 PM.
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:41 PM   #19
Smoke117
Point God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
In 97 and 98 playoffs, jordan scored half his team's 4th quarter points and hit 3 game winners in the Finals, while having higher PPG and Player Efficiency Rating than durant ever had in the playoffs

No seriously, why do you think durant is better again? Because he's having a good regular season?.. Gtfo.. I guess derrick rose and nash are better too, smh

Btw, jordan was a better scorer inside the 3 pt line.. A much better inside scorer

1-9
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:48 PM   #20
Locked_Up_Tonight
Good college starter

You can't be considered "better" when you wanted the easiest road possible and if they took you off the team, they would still be favorites to win it all.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:01 PM   #21
3ball
NBA Legend

I dont see how anyone can look at the stats showing that jordan scored half his team's 4th quarter points in 97 and 98 playoffs, and say anyone is better than him

Thats the biggest load BY FAR of any player ever.. Those numbers are astounding.. To put in perspective lebron scores about 35% of his team's 4th quarter points every year, except his best performance of his career - the 2016 Finals - where he scored 47% of his team's 4th quarter points, nearly equaling mj

And again, jordan carried this load while achieving higher Player Efficiency Rating than durant ever achieved in the playoffs.. How's that for efficiency

Overall, jordan had 3 Finals game winners and the flu game, and carried his team to victory in 98 Finals while his whole team was hurt (rodman MIA the entire series and Pippen MIA for last 2 games).. Compare to durant who has NEVER carried a depleted team to victory.. Its not close.. Jordan was in a different dimension than durant, who team-hopped to avoid the tough road jordan travelled.. Durant doesnt have the assassin mentality or the perseverance mentality to lead a team through adversity like jordan.. So theres intangibles too

Last edited by 3ball : 01-13-2018 at 04:11 PM.
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:06 PM   #22
SouBeachTalents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micku
I do wish KD never would join the GSW. It's really hard to judge how great he is due to how already great they are w/o him. He didn't establish the culture over there. Pretty much almost everything KD does with the GSW is a bit hollow for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
You can't be considered "better" when you wanted the easiest road possible and if they took you off the team, they would still be favorites to win it all.
Exactly the reasons why it's impossible to take anything Durant's doing on Golden State seriously. Is he immensely talented and playing great? Of course he is, but he's doing it in unprecedentedly, laughably easy circumstances.
SouBeachTalents is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:07 PM   #23
JohnMax
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
Exactly the reasons why it's impossible to take anything Durant's doing on Golden State seriously. Is he immensely talented and played great? Of course he is, but he's doing it in unprecedentedly, laughably easy conditions.

I agree with this f.a.ggot
JohnMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #24
SouBeachTalents

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMax
I agree with this f.a.ggot
That's unfortunate, you're probably the last poster anyone would want agreement with. You probably just plagiarized this from another website anyway
Old 01-13-2018, 04:20 PM   #25
Manny98
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
I dont see how anyone can look at the stats showing that jordan scored half his team's 4th quarter points in 97 and 98 playoffs, and say anyone is better than him

Thats the biggest load BY FAR of any player ever.. Those numbers are astounding.. To put in perspective lebron scores about 35% of his team's 4th quarter points every year, except his best performance of his career - the 2016 Finals - where he scored 47% of his team's 4th quarter points, nearly equaling mj

And again, jordan carried this load while achieving higher Player Efficiency Rating than durant ever achieved in the playoffs.. How's that for efficiency

Overall, jordan had 3 Finals game winners and the flu game, and carried his team to victory in 98 Finals while his whole team was hurt (rodman MIA the entire series and Pippen MIA for last 2 games).. Compare to durant who has NEVER carried a depleted team to victory.. Its not close.. Jordan was in a different dimension than durant, who team-hopped to avoid the tough road jordan travelled.. Durant doesnt have the assassin mentality or the perseverance mentality to lead a team through adversity like jordan.. So theres intangibles too
Jordan shot abysmal from the field in his last 3 finals. Carrying a huge scoring load is only impressive if you do it efficiently. Bulls succes from 96-98 was largely due to the defense from Jordans supporting cast. He won a championship with his team shooting 43% from the field whilst Jordan shot 42.7.
Manny98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:23 PM   #26
FreezingTsmoove
The Sheriff

Are we so sure Durant could even matchup in the first place against the second 3 peat Bulls?

Im sure he would struggle having to score on Pippen, Rodman, and the occasional Jordan...

We all saw what those Grizzly teams did to Prime Durant in years past
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:26 PM   #27
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

well no shit.
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:38 PM   #28
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
Exactly the reasons why it's impossible to take anything Durant's doing on Golden State seriously. Is he immensely talented and playing great? Of course he is, but he's doing it in unprecedentedly, laughably easy circumstances.

Yet you take Bill Russell seriously even though the 1959-1966 Celtics won 8 years in a row due to equally laughably easy circumstances.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:41 PM   #29
SouBeachTalents

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
Yet you take Bill Russell seriously even though the 1959-1966 Celtics won 8 years in a row due to equally laughably easy circumstances.
The Celtics won absolutely nothing for several years before Russell joined & after he retired. He didn't join a team that already won a title and broke the win record without him, completely different circumstances
Old 01-13-2018, 04:41 PM   #30
Smoke117
Point God

This isn't even saying much...second threepeat Jordan just might be the most overrated player in the history of sports.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: