Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-17-2018, 08:43 PM   #31
livingby3's
70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0

Default Re: Devin Booker scores 21pts in the last 7 mins of 4th quarter, 43pts total

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
Haven't watched them much but I've read several breakdowns of Chriss and essentially all of them came to the conclusion that he is dumb as rocks and really doesn't have any instincts or talent on that end, he is just athletic. If any Suns fans can chime in on that I'd love it but that's what I've just been reading online.

What you read, is how I feel. Chriss is an athletic beast, he has talent no doubt, but I dont think he will ever develop enough in his skillset to make him a dependable big in this league. When the Suns drafted the 2 PFs in Chriss and Bender in the same draft, I knew that the Suns were expecting Chriss to start contributing immediately as the team has no real PF on the roster. We were like what, playing Jared Dudley as the starting PF. It was a laughable scenerio. Bender is a work in progress, whether he pans out in the end. What I hate, is the Suns are making Bender taking 3's on offense. I know that's his game and shit, but if he want a job at the starting PF position, dude needs to mix it up and play inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
I'm also started to think that they should trade T.J. while his value is high, maybe not now but during the offseason if an opportunity arises, a non-shooting slasher can't be your second option.

Im seeing this as well. Warren is a great slasher, he moves very well without the ball, making cuts and makes it easy for his teammates to find him. He also does a great job finishing at the rim. But, long term I want Josh Jackson taking over the starting role. Josh brings everything the Suns need at this point, and is a near perfect complement next to Booker at the wing position. Josh in a year or two will be a great third option and Warren will become the odd man out when the time arises.

Im pretty sure a team like the Spurs will love a player like Warren. Moves very well without the ball, shows great effort and no drama. I like him alot, ironic I know, but I just feels Josh's game fits the Suns more than Warren's.

All said, I know non-Suns fans dont watch the Suns unless they are playing their teams, I dont blame that, the Suns can be painful to watch, even for fans. But outside of Booker and Warren the offensive talent is hilarious. If you actually watch, Booker does put up alot of shots, but his moves look polished and once he learns to better control his body and finishes though contact, he heading up another level. He gets bashes alot for his defense, and he can be sloppy passing the ball at times, but as the season goes by you can see he's aware of his weakness and is working on it. He's actually playing better now since his injury. The 21 year old kid is drawing double team because he's the only true capable scorer. I wouldn't judge his game yet until he's actually playing on a real solid team
livingby3's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:01 PM   #32
AintNoSunshine
College superstar

Default Re: Devin Booker scores 21pts in the last 7 mins of 4th quarter, 43pts total

Not gonna comment on what he is as an overall player, but man he's natural scorer.
AintNoSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:14 AM   #33
r0drig0lac
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3NBA
streaky. not consistent. inefficient. pass.
what?
r0drig0lac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: