Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-08-2007, 10:49 PM   #1
HeyIt'sMe
Good High School Starter

Default Dwight hitting jumpers... watch out league

Ok, so admittedly, it was only one game, but 30 points, 11 boards, and 4 blocks in his preseason opener on 13-20 shooting is a pretty damn good start. I think he made 3 or 4 jump shots tonight as well.

Also, big Al Horford made his debut tonight and played well, with 9 points and 7 boards in 24 minutes.
HeyIt'sMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:56 PM   #2
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

Default Re: Dwight hitting jumpers... watch out league

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
That is cool i hope he continue his progress and become one of the best elite big men in the NBA. I predict Dwight Howard would average 23.7 PPG, 12.8 RPG and 1.7 BPG next season.

You mean this season?
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

Josh Smith had 22/11/3/2 on 8-15 shooting.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:59 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
That is cool i hope he continue his progress and become one of the best elite big men in the NBA. I predict Dwight Howard would average 23.7 PPG, 12.8 RPG and 1.7 BPG next season.

where are you getting the tenth decimal place from?

clairvoyant? or just wanted to put up some random numbers?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:01 PM   #5
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

If Dwight ever starts taking 4 or more jumpers from 12+ feet a game I will lose all faith in his even approaching all time greatness. Its a cute little skill but a consistient jump hook of the Kevin willis variety(or even Shaq) would be more than enough.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:02 PM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
23.7 PPG, 12.8 RPG and 1.7 BPG next season.

Seems like he'd be getting a lot of touches, better add 5.8 turnovers per game to that.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:27 PM   #7
Take Your Lumps
Banned

Hahaha...this kid's gonna be a problem. Vintage Pat Ewing elbow pads and all.

Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:29 PM   #8
AI Nuggets3
Local High School Star

should i make a thread about how KMart was dunking on people today and talk about how he's going to be the best PF in the lea.....oh wait. its preseason.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:50 PM   #9
DoubleTech
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
Josh Smith had 22/11/3/2 on 8-15 shooting.

what does that have to do with dwight howard shooting jumpers?
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:15 AM   #10
Penny4MVP2k
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Okay, I was going to hold off on this topic until after my fantasy draft, but since somebody made a topic, I guess I'll go ahead and add my 2 cents.

I actually went to this game and I must say, I was extremely impressed with D-Howard tonight.

First thing I noticed was that he was hitting free throws. I don't even recall him missing one tonight. If that was all I saw, I probably would have left impressed, but there's actually a lot more.

My people and I went nuts after he did this up-and-under LEFT handed hook/scoop. He didn't have that in his game last year, and judging by the fact that it was the first shot he took, it may be something he will be using often this year. He also had another up-and-under move that he finished among 3-4 defenders, which he would have tried to power up a year ago.

This last thing may be the the most impressive of all. He was facing up on guys like Sheldon Williams/Zaza/Al Horford and punishing them with this 12 foot bank shot from the wings. He took like 5-6 of them; only missing 2. My boys and I were in awe, thinking random thoughts like "Wow, if he's going to be making this shot this year, it would be like Amare who?" and "OMG, it's Dwight Duncan!"

Sure, it was a preseason game, and both teams played pretty lethargic, but the Hawks were playing their starters the whole night! If this is any indication of what D-Howard has to bring this year, the league better watch out!
Penny4MVP2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:21 AM   #11
catzhernandez
Underrated

Quote:
That is cool i hope he continue his progress and become one of the best elite big men in the NBA. I predict Dwight Howard would average 23.7 PPG, 12.8 RPG and 1.7 BPG this coming NBA Season.

lol gawdy numbers there... elite big man numbers... i don't doubt it tho
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:56 AM   #12
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Law’s Layup Helps Hawks Slip by Magic

By TRAVIS REED, Associated Press Writer
Posted Oct 8 2007 11:08PM

Josh Smith scored 22 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for the Atlanta Hawks.

Atlanta 94, Orlando 93

Quote:
ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 8, 2007 (AP) -- Acie Law IV made a fast-break layup with 25 seconds left to lift the Atlanta Hawks to a 94-93 victory over the Orlando Magic on Monday night in both teams' preseason debut.

Carlos Arroyo missed one of two free throws that would have tied the game with 15 seconds left.

Marvin Williams, who had 19 points, made two free throws to seal the win.

Dwight Howard had 30 points, 11 rebounds and four blocks for Orlando, while Adonal Foyle added 11 points and J.J. Redick scored 10.

The Magic survived a third-quarter scare when Rashard Lewis went down holding his leg, but the team said he had just cramped. Lewis scored eight points and grabbed four rebounds before getting hurt. He did not return.

Josh Smith led Atlanta with 22 points and 11 rebounds, while Joe Johnson and Josh Childress chipped in 12. Rookie Al Horford had nine points and seven rebounds in his return to Florida.

The Hawks couldn't solve Howard's size or newfound range, but he sat most of the fourth quarter. The 6-foot-11 All-Star worked all offseason on extending his offensive game, and it seemed to pay off. Howard made a handful of mid-range jumpers and even shot 4-of-6 from the free throw line.

The Magic were 1-3 against the Hawks last season.

Box Score

http://www.nba.com/games/20071008/ATLORL/boxscore.html

Dwight is a beast in this pre season game i hope he continue his progress and become one of the best elite big men in the NBA. I predict Dwight Howard would average 23.7 PPG, 12.8 RPG and 1.7 BPG this coming NBA Season.

His main weakness in his overall game is not having enough decent offensive move beside his putback dunk and low post scoring. Now if he will continue in improving his jumpshoots we might actually see the next dominant Center in the NBA that could challenge Yao Ming for the top spot.

In the Atlanta Hawks Camp i expect Josh Smith and Marvin Williams to improve their offensive game next season and contribute a lot in helping this team to have a major improvement next season.

Josh Smith is almost a borderline all star last year and he is one the best up and coming defensive player in the NBA. I expect him to at least average 19 PPG next season and in less than 2 years become the best player of this team. By the way Acie Law is a nice pickup for the Hawks and he is the type of point guard they want in running their offense.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 10-09-2007 at 02:01 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:38 AM   #13
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

To be honest, I won't give a damn if Dwight Howard shoots jumpers all night long, they'll be taking away his physical advantage and of course offensive rebounding. Shoot away, Dwight Howard, don't learn some post skills.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:06 AM   #14
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyIt'sMe
Ok, so admittedly, it was only one game, but 30 points, 11 boards, and 4 blocks in his preseason opener on 13-20 shooting is a pretty damn good start. I think he made 3 or 4 jump shots tonight as well.

Also, big Al Horford made his debut tonight and played well, with 9 points and 7 boards in 24 minutes.
it's the preseason...I think KG hit every shot his first preseason game last season. It doesn't really matter. Wait until the season comes around please. I think his jump shooting will improve some day, but let it play out. You've got to be happy with his play though. Kind of a ball hog for a preseason game, but I guess he's still young and needs the touches.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:26 AM   #15
trig
Decent college freshman

good luck on dwight shooting jumpers and relying on rashard and hedo to get the rebound
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: