Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Post #5,000 - Special Thanks to My Brothas

I've been visiting this site consistently for ~ 6 years and is easily my go to website when I'm online.

The OTC is the best part of Insidehoops that has me comin back frequently and has been a consistent part of my weekly existence despite the seasons of my own life that have changed colors and climates. Through it all, I have always known I could count on this place for crazy laughs, intense debate, inane ramblings about semantics, petty ignorance, inside jokes and everything that makes this board such a fascinating cornucopia of thoughts and expression.

What makes a place like ISH OTC so one of a kind is that the wide array of people that post here - successful lawyers, enlisted military men, graphic artists, government workers, college students and those that have trying and unfortunate life circumstances and have an apathetic view - all bring such an honest perspective (unless they trollin or makin up shit for personal amusement) that I can honestly say that I think about things differently than I would have if I never had spent so much time lurking, reading or posting in the OTC. Hearing the rationale or explanations of viewpoints I would initially be very resistant to has made me have a different thought process when I encounter muddled things in life where most are very quick to judge and attach their solitary philosophy or inherited viewpoints to. Thanks for opening my eyes to the quite complicated ideas that exist in just about any noteworthy news story, case study or personal anecdote.

Now, what is so great is that this spot can bring me to smile and laugh so hard despite what my psyche is for that day or period of time. I was never exposed to .gifs, memes, common Internet vernacular or the even the extreme cruelty that people can have towards one another in the name of anonymity until ISH . I don't necessarily enjoy when people are cruel to one another but for some reason, on ISH, it can be so damn funny that our fraternity hopefully sees it as an accepted way of having our own subcultural community. Not many things in entertainment or even within some of my own interpersonal communications make me as amused as some of the stuff on ISH OTC. The real outside world can be quite dull and predictably monotonous because people are afraid of anxious to say whatever comes to mind. Now, that is for good reason but people are generally more risque, suggestive,clever, crude and feral than what they display but here: we type out whatever comes to mind and that honesty is enlightening way moreso than what we encounter in our daily activities

I value this community. Not only hilarious people post here but brilliant men too. At least what I consider to be some brilliant posters far more intelligent, well read, thoughtful, quirky and objective than most anybody I've ever encountered in my life- or at least what was shown to me. Many impressive and intriguing people exist just walking around that we know or share space with but many don't reveal that, so a place like this gives certain minds a way to shine and show, even indirectly or through a keyboard, how impressive they really can be.

Many times this board has given me things to read that have caused an unfavorable reaction to- annoyance, disgust, eye rolling and I don't think highly of everyone here but you know what? This microcosm of society is far more interesting than the groups of droves that keep so much in, that wait to go home to talk shit out of 'manners' or just a cowardly nature. I def have been presented some pessimism in a worldview on this site that I have to hold onto, however uncomfortable because a singular mindset is one in which exposure and communication with varied parties is needed.

Thanks guys for making me laugh, showing me new things (even just funny asisinine YT videos, having thoughtful introspection about things that most of society doesn't trouble themselves with and just being a group of men who are honest and fun to bounce around ideas and viewpoints, even if it becomes hostile. Y'all are awesome and I would ride for most of you if you were walkin around town with a sign that said: ISH username: __________

Special Thanks to the mainstays that have a consistent personality and the dudes who don't post here anymore but still have given me so much entertainment: Jefferson Money, Lamar Doom, GOBB, Legend of Josh, b low, starface, hawker, Marlo Stanfield (the original), posterize246, primetime,ProfessorMurder, mlh, Pete's Montreux, jailblazers7, catshernandez, DeuceWallaces, Thorespheus, playtetris, rufus, macmac, Draz, DonDadda damn so many to name, can't even remember them all. Many more as well

ISH OTC = We da muh fckn bess !!!!
    Last edited by ROCSteady; 02-26-2014 at 01:06 AM.

rank sentamentalist

Default Re: Post #5,000 - Special Thanks to My Brothas

too long; still read

i think this could turn into the latest edition of a cjk party, but nothin wrong with partaking in some meaningless back patting and ego stroking... plenty of us have been having intermittent conversations for close to or over a decade. i dunno how honest people really are on this site. anonymity is a major double edged sword. but u get what u pay for and jeff may be a phantom menace most of the time but he's still provided a community that i've enjoyed on and off for going on 8 years.

ur one of the best and most earnest/thoughtful guys here and its always a pleasure to read your thoughts on life in the world and everything happening around it.

where are you living roc? i'm gonna use this thread as a platform to suggest a major ish gathering on the eastern seaboard because i've been thinkin it'd be cool for a while. i'm still in eastern canada and the thought in my mind is that, maybe not too soon but eventually, before i'm really ready to launch a truly legitimate and ultimately boring lifestyle, maybe next summer, i wanna take a big trip along the eastern seaboard. balling with so many of the guys here who live in the area and then seeing what happens next would be a thrill for me. i especially wanna see what some of the older guys, redblackattack, deuce, thorpe, mlh, can do on the court lol

oh and ish = #1

(i'm procrastinating on real work i need to do by drinking wine, hence the sentimentality -- plus i'm just following your lead)

Ridonks

You one of those dudes I was talking about, for sure

I don't think everything on here is real and honest, some of the contrived stuff on here is still noteworthy of good creative mind though, fascinating the way ppl here can conjure and pull out a lifestyle or observances enough to 'just go with it' and make people believe they are something that truly aren't .

I just think a lot of the posts here reveal so much about the way certain hives of people think that a lot of people aren't privy to because unpopular/ ultra ugly realties just aren't something to talk about around the watercooler or even chillin at a bar. Most don't wanna become the 'bummer' Buzz Killington of the party or when real ish conversations are taking place because a lot of groups of friends simply don't delve into them.

Thanks for reading my long ass post, just wanna show my luv for the board and the crazy amusement it has brought me over the last several years

*tears* good to have you man

DID read.

I have those same sentiments. It's weird, I picture ISH like the Breakfast Club. Stuck on a weekend's detention in the library. We laugh, we fight, we share our differences, in the end we take a little bit of everyone and walk away with a new perspective.

I know I never really encountered you much. You do like similar posters and you seem to have an affinity for Philly posters. I have followed some of your posts on football. Cheers and hope to see 5000 g more

rank sentamentalist

It's weird, I picture ISH like the Breakfast Club. Stuck on a weekend's detention in the library. We laugh, we fight, we share our differences, in the end we take a little bit of everyone and walk away with a new perspective.
    that's awesome, the breakfast club is like the perfect analogy for everything positive that you manage to feel in a topsy turvy world that feels antagonistic so much of the time. i've been working in an elementary school and having some awesome chats with 9-10 year olds about just regular old issues people deal with, and i just brought it up with a few of them, like "watch this fking movie, then we'll talk" lol

You're a fcking Staple here Hateraid. Many posters register but that hateraid name has staying power!

Haha thanks man, not trying to jerk everyone off that replies but you have an instantly recognizable username and avatar that I'm glad is still around. I like how some of the same names are still here in their original iteration

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    *tears* good to have you man
    Thanks Jameer, I know I have ragged on you a little and said some grimy shit but it's all love. Most of us here are in your corner when it comes to school, girls, whatever even if we say mean things. That's the big brother in us.

You possess a really good head for basketball. I respect that. You know a lot more about NBA ball than the majority of young high school fools that say watch and think they know. I don't enjoy some of your favoritisms and disses but we all have persona bias in sports but you do know the game pretty well.
    Last edited by ROCSteady; 02-25-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    You're a fcking Staple here Hateraid. Many posters register but that hateraid name has staying power!

Haha thanks man, not trying to jerk everyone off that replies but you have an instantly recognizable username and avatar that I'm glad is still around. I like how some of the same names are still here in their original iteration

I heard you went to an Eagles game with GoBB. I'm trying to score a box through my company since we are one of the sponsors for the IMG Academy and also sponsor NFL players. I'd use it as an ISH forum for Philadelphia area posters. I'll holla if you if I can make this happen

Props to a fellow Redskins fan

Actually, it was at a Redskins home game versus the Eagles. He was in the buildin that day and shot me a pm so we met up a little after halftime for awhile. It was cool, Skins whopped that ass that particular day so extra fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    Props to a fellow Redskins fan
    U already know! Fan since fetus, can't let em go now after the many troubling years.

Funny thing is not only are we both Skins fans, we tend to have the exact same conclusions and opinions about the state of the team and how we view them.

We are kinda one in the same as two Skins fans. I alway thought it was funny how your posts about the team are more or less exactly like mine, whether we were winning and shittin on everybody's defense in 2012 or plain hapless and terrible like last season.

HTTR

Did not read.

Would rather watch steel magnolias than read some 14 paragraph suspect ramble.

Bless and Roc both online.....

DUKE IT OUT!!!!!!

Got my popcorn ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Bless and Roc both online.....

DUKE IT OUT!!!!!!

Got my popcorn ready.
    Cocksteady don't want none!!!!!!