Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: For those who want to ban all guns, watch this video....

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Use as many bullshit examples and skew the context of the argument all you like, but if guns made people safer the USA would be the safest country in the world.
    Only if there were no other variables involved when it comes to the issue of safety. Really, what an idiotic thing to say .

I laugh at people who would so easily hand over their right to gun ownership, just because we have had a reasonable period of peace, comfort prosperity; all of a sudden things are so safe and comfortable that some shootings get the whole nation leaking tears over such insignificant bollocks. And then these same morons also think this period of human history lives in a bubble: it has conquered all, we are free for eternity! all that matters is making all things as safe as humanly possible! Events won't ever take a turn for the worse, when an armed populace most certainly will be needed, and history is just rammed with examples of unending prosperity and eternal peace.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    I've never seen anyone say ban all guns. Placing restrictions on some guns doesn't mean that the Government is coming for all guns. I think in Canada we have a very solid gun culture despite heavy restrictions in comparison to the US. So making a few adjustments isn't going to change America drastically.

And that's the reason you can't have a serious conversation with gun nuts. I own 4 guns & have no issue with background checks, tests or other restrictions.
    But to suggest this means I am a 'gun grabber' or want to ban guns .

Banned

in germany we have guns banned and you can only have one with a license and even then cant carry it around with you.
    440 people get shot here every year.
    30000 in America
    unbann all gunns doe. survival of the fittest doe

Most Western Democracies regulate guns, far more than the US does. They haven't turned into police states. The example of Saddam Hussein's Iraq where most every family had a gun, including millions of AK-47s, show that guns alone do not prevent a police state.

The issue is more complicated than guns prevent tyranny. Or gun control laws lead to tyranny.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 02-24-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Banned

Yeah bro lets ban guns....oh except for the oh so righteous government. We'll let them keep their guns.... because they definetly don't do anything shady....

The point of guns in the United States is that so a tyrannical government cannot oppress it's citizens. Do you anti-gun morons even know why and how this country was created?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Australia has a gun ban, unless you have a licence which takes forever
    In Australia you book in for a gun safety class which are held all the time, you then fill out the application and send it off, and have your licence 3-4 weeks later.
    Unless of course you have convictions/reasons to not be granted one, which is basically just criminals/mentally ill.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Only if there were no other variables involved when it comes to the issue of safety. Really, what an idiotic thing to say .

I laugh at people who would so easily hand over their right to gun ownership, just because we have had a reasonable period of peace, comfort prosperity; all of a sudden things are so safe and comfortable that some shootings get the whole nation leaking tears over such insignificant bollocks. And then these same morons also think this period of human history lives in a bubble: it has conquered all, we are free for eternity! all that matters is making all things as safe as humanly possible! Events won't ever take a turn for the worse, when an armed populace most certainly will be needed, and history is just rammed with examples of unending prosperity and eternal peace.

I think many have a misconception of guns, has failed to understand the need for them as a form of personal protection, and is erroneously equating them to insanity and violence.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

I laugh at people who would so easily hand over their right to gun ownership,
    just because we have had a reasonable period of peace, comfort prosperity; all of a sudden things are so safe and comfortable that some shootings get the whole nation leaking tears over such insignificant bollocks. And then these same morons also think this period of human history lives in a bubble: it has conquered all, we are free for eternity! all that matters is making all things as safe as humanly possible! Events won't ever take a turn for the worse, when an armed populace most certainly will be needed, and history is just rammed with examples of unending prosperity and eternal peace.

They're ******* who would instantly get on their knees and die.

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

2nd amendment nuts are fun to mess with. When they argue that not a single gun should be placed under restriction (a specialized group of 2nd amendment nuts, that is) by the government, I like to go off the deep end and say that they're sell-outs to government control for not being activists for the legalization of all *arms* and only focusing on *guns*. I take a parallel and equally nutty stance when arguing against generic pro-lifers, but that's another topic altogether.

[COLOR="white"]Unless we decide to turn this into one of those threads. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="White"]Whack-a-Conservative threads ftw[/COLOR]

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by travelingman
    2nd amendment nuts are fun to mess with. When they argue that not a single gun should be placed under restriction (a specialized group of 2nd amendment nuts, that is) by the government, I like to go off the deep end and say that they're sell-outs to government control for not being activists for the legalization of all *arms* and only focusing on *guns*. I take a parallel and equally nutty stance when arguing against generic pro-lifers, but that's another topic altogether.

[COLOR="white"]Unless we decide to turn this into one of those threads. [/COLOR]

2nd amendment "nuts" aren't the ones trying to take freedom away from people like you and the pro lifers.

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrownEye007
    take freedom away
    In what way is my freedom being taken away (and through what actions)? I could argue all day that the set of freedoms you prefer is itself limited and thus an infringement on my idea of freedom. But then you would come across as inconsistent, and that would be an unfavorable situation for you to be strapped into.

Wow you are pathetic: no wonder you are one of my biggest troll.

You can't argue against the founding fathers pure and simple. They are so f*ckin' smart, they predicted our democracy would be open to a tyrannical government, so they set freedom of speech (strongest freedom to fight tyranny), and then set the right to bear arms as the second amendment to protect that freedom of speech. Without the right to bear arms, you wouldn't have the right to speak your mind in the first place..

Study your constitution dumbsh*t and stop being so brainwashed by all this bullsh*t propaganda you have been lead to believe since pre K school. Thanks.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 02-25-2014 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Just how many drones and trained military personnel will you take out with your gun once the government takes over?

I'm guessing 0.

There's no infrastructure for you dummies fighting back, it'll just be a bunch of morons fighting alone. The government would systematically crush all of you. You aren't defending yourself from shit.
    Logical fallacy: hypothetical.

Seriously who gives a f*ck if we can fight off drones? Just the thought of those bearing arms will change the discourse in political direction should be enough for any sane citizen to support it. The main purpose of the 2nd amendment is to tell a tyrannical government they should think twice before they take away our freedom of speech, and no matter how much propaganda they multilate to convince the mass liberal population this right is [COLOR="Navy"]ALLZ SO EVILZ! [/COLOR]it doesn't deviate from the fact the right to bear arms is essential to our protection of free speech. Think about the time when a state followed Hitler and gave up their power to defend themselves; we should applause it instead of condemning it.

I doubt you're smarter than the founding fathers, so stop acting like you are.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 02-25-2014 at 04:56 AM.

I rule the local playground

In what way is my freedom being taken away (and through what actions)? I could argue all day that the set of freedoms you prefer is itself limited and thus an infringement on my idea of freedom. But then you would come across as inconsistent, and that would be an unfavorable situation for you to be strapped into.
    Freedom: exemption from external control, interference, regulation, etc.

If you put a restriction on certain guns you are interfering with my current freedom to own those weapons. Just like pro lifers want to take away the freedom women in the U.S. currently have to get abortions. People that are pro-guns aren't telling people that they have to own a gun but they want people to have the right to. Pro-choice people don't go around telling others they have to get abortions. Pro-lifers and anti-gun people are going around trying to impose their will on others. Or you could say they're trying to place an external control on others. Pretty simple really.
    Last edited by BrownEye007; 02-25-2014 at 04:58 AM.