Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-18-2019, 11:56 PM   #106
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShotBob
They are better at moving the ball without him but in the playoffs against real teams they absolutely need him. Draymond didn't call him after 2016 for nothing, he admitted that the team needed another reliable option because Curry and Klay can and will get shut down.

Evidence: Game 3 2018 Finals.

What did Curry and Klay score? 23 points combined?

KD scored 43....alone.

Literally put them on his back and carried them to a win on the road.

The sad thing is Curry and Klay can go cold at a moment's notice just as easily as they can get hot.

They don't need KD for teams like the Blazers, the even worse watered down version of the 2018 Rockets, or the Clippers.

But they will absolutely need him in the Finals against the Raptors or the Bucks. No question about that.
If the Bucks disappoint in the finals, the Rockets might still end up being the 2nd best team in the playoffs for the second year in a row.
hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:06 AM   #107
BigShotBob
Local High School Star

Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
If the Bucks disappoint in the finals, the Rockets might still end up being the 2nd best team in the playoffs for the second year in a row.

I think that says more about the state of the League than the strength of the Rockets.

At least as it pertains to Golden State.

If you're a Celtics fan then the Raptors, 76ers, Bucks, Rockets, Warriors, and Nuggets are strong teams to you. Maybe even OKC.

But if you're a Warriors fan then it's just the Rockets that you're more concerned about followed by the Raptors and the Bucks.
BigShotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:08 AM   #108
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
I think that says more about the state of the League than the strength of the Rockets.

At least as it pertains to Golden State.

If you're a Celtics fan then the Raptors, 76ers, Bucks, Rockets, Warriors, and Nuggets are strong teams to you. Maybe even OKC.

But if you're a Warriors fan then it's just the Rockets that you're more concerned about followed by the Raptors and the Bucks.
That's what happened last year though.. The Rockets were the only team on the Warriors' level.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:13 AM   #109
BigShotBob
Local High School Star

Quote:
That's what happened last year though.. The Rockets were the only team on the Warriors' level.

True, but no teams in the East were.

It's funny how that always works out isn't it. The West took a step back but a beast emerged in the East to challenge them.

I think if the Bucks win then this would be the first time that the Warriors didn't have HCA in the Finals during their recent run.
BigShotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:24 AM   #110
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
True, but no teams in the East were.

It's funny how that always works out isn't it. The West took a step back but a beast emerged in the East to challenge them.

I think if the Bucks win then this would be the first time that the Warriors didn't have HCA in the Finals during their recent run.
Houston last postseason
Old 05-19-2019, 12:40 PM   #111
Shogon
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Houston last postseason

He said in the Finals.
Shogon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:50 PM   #112
Turbo Slayer
Learning to shoot layups

Talking Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

I agree. The Warriors have better ball movement on the court. I watched some videos of the Warriors moving the ball without Durant and with Durant. I gotta say, the ball movement is perfect when KD isn't around. They don't need Durant.
Turbo Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:40 AM   #113
4pointshot
I usually hit open layups

Quote:

Either Toronto or Milwaukee would have HCA in the Finals.
4pointshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:54 PM   #114
Shogon
Good High School Starter

Shogon is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: