Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2019, 11:56 PM   #106
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y
 
hold this L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,564
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShotBob
They are better at moving the ball without him but in the playoffs against real teams they absolutely need him. Draymond didn't call him after 2016 for nothing, he admitted that the team needed another reliable option because Curry and Klay can and will get shut down.

Evidence: Game 3 2018 Finals.

What did Curry and Klay score? 23 points combined?

KD scored 43....alone.

Literally put them on his back and carried them to a win on the road.

The sad thing is Curry and Klay can go cold at a moment's notice just as easily as they can get hot.

They don't need KD for teams like the Blazers, the even worse watered down version of the 2018 Rockets, or the Clippers.

But they will absolutely need him in the Finals against the Raptors or the Bucks. No question about that.
If the Bucks disappoint in the finals, the Rockets might still end up being the 2nd best team in the playoffs for the second year in a row.
hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:06 AM   #107
BigShotBob
Local High School Star
 
BigShotBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1,410
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
If the Bucks disappoint in the finals, the Rockets might still end up being the 2nd best team in the playoffs for the second year in a row.

I think that says more about the state of the League than the strength of the Rockets.

At least as it pertains to Golden State.

If you're a Celtics fan then the Raptors, 76ers, Bucks, Rockets, Warriors, and Nuggets are strong teams to you. Maybe even OKC.

But if you're a Warriors fan then it's just the Rockets that you're more concerned about followed by the Raptors and the Bucks.
BigShotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:08 AM   #108
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y
 
hold this L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,564
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShotBob
I think that says more about the state of the League than the strength of the Rockets.

At least as it pertains to Golden State.

If you're a Celtics fan then the Raptors, 76ers, Bucks, Rockets, Warriors, and Nuggets are strong teams to you. Maybe even OKC.

But if you're a Warriors fan then it's just the Rockets that you're more concerned about followed by the Raptors and the Bucks.
That's what happened last year though.. The Rockets were the only team on the Warriors' level.
hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:13 AM   #109
BigShotBob
Local High School Star
 
BigShotBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1,410
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
That's what happened last year though.. The Rockets were the only team on the Warriors' level.

True, but no teams in the East were.

It's funny how that always works out isn't it. The West took a step back but a beast emerged in the East to challenge them.

I think if the Bucks win then this would be the first time that the Warriors didn't have HCA in the Finals during their recent run.
BigShotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:24 AM   #110
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y
 
hold this L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,564
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShotBob
True, but no teams in the East were.

It's funny how that always works out isn't it. The West took a step back but a beast emerged in the East to challenge them.

I think if the Bucks win then this would be the first time that the Warriors didn't have HCA in the Finals during their recent run.
Houston last postseason
hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 12:40 PM   #111
Shogon
Good High School Starter
 
Shogon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 909
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
Houston last postseason

He said in the Finals.
Shogon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:50 PM   #112
Turbo Slayer
Learning to shoot layups
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 63
Talking Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

I agree. The Warriors have better ball movement on the court. I watched some videos of the Warriors moving the ball without Durant and with Durant. I gotta say, the ball movement is perfect when KD isn't around. They don't need Durant.
Turbo Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:40 AM   #113
4pointshot
I usually hit open layups
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 163
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShotBob

I think if the Bucks win then this would be the first time that the Warriors didn't have HCA in the Finals during their recent run.

Either Toronto or Milwaukee would have HCA in the Finals.
4pointshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:54 PM   #114
Shogon
Good High School Starter
 
Shogon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 909
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Shogon is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy