Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Replace LeBron with Carmelo During the Heat Run

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    I think you are underrating Melo just a tad fplii, but you're right. He isnt the type to lead a team to a championship. For all his skillset teams will isolate a single defender on him and force him to hit long twos repeatedly.

Not a good enough driver to consistently require the entire defense to adjust to him and not a good enough passer.

Melo is like Kevin Love in that regard. Great player. But not ever going to lead a team to a win being the first option.
    I think the Love we saw last season is better than any version of Melo we've seen, and in the right situation could be the best player on a championship team.

A big part of this though is that we've seen enough of Melo to write the book on him, but Love showed us some things last season that IMO prevent us from knowing what his ceiling is.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Miami's road to the 2011 Finals:

4-1
    4-1
    4-1

Yeah,they are getting there with Melo and winning it all.

Melo is clearly a better player. LeBron is a fraud who needs great teammates to carry him and make him look good.
    What is this? Are you serious right now?

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I think the Love we saw last season is better than any version of Melo we've seen, and in the right situation could be the best player on a championship team.

A big part of this though is that we've seen enough of Melo to write the book on him, but Love showed us some things last season that IMO prevent us from knowing what his ceiling is.
    Na, I dont think Love proved anything last season besides the fact that he can hit the three ball at a crazy rate and rebound. Not really first option material. How is he gonna get you late buckets or create for himself or his teammates?

Love is good but offensively limited. Great shooter, average skill set. He is even more limited than Melo. Which is why the Wolves were so terrible in clutch situations. The Knicks were just as bad and it was Melo's fault. Isolated long twos. His MO. Side note, if you look at the Knicks and Wolves you can see if they won a respectable number of close games they both would have made the playoffs and Melo and Love were atrocious in said games. Which is why they share some of the blame, granted they had bad teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    What is this? Are you serious right now?
    Wade and Bosh had their worse seasons with LeBron there.

People were saying they were done. Look at them now when LeBron left,they're playing like youngsters.

Just waiting until the Cavs lose in the 2nd round this year. Then people will start to call Irving and Love "done" or say that they "declined" and LeBron doesn't have enough help.

Carmelo needs to match Lebron's Cleveland accolades before talking about what Lebron did in Miami.
    Lebron in Cleveland:

2 MVPS
    1 Finals Appearance
    NBA first teams

Carmelo Anthony has done what exactly? Entire career:
    1 WCF appearance?
    1 Robbed ROY

The only time Carmelo has been comparable to Lebron James was their rookie season. Hell, let me add it to Carmelo's accolades and see if they stack up.
    Last edited by navy; 11-03-2014 at 11:35 AM.

They don't make the Finals. If they do they get swept in 4 by any West team.

2011: Bulls take them to 7 rather than 5, Mavs push them to 7 but they win the chip
    2012: Lose to Boston in the ECF in 6: Boston goes on to lose to OKC in 6, Durant FMVP
    2013: Lose to Indiana in the ECF in 6: SA dismantles an Indiana team treading unknown territory, wins in 5, Tony Parker FMVP
    2014: They squeak past Indy in 7 and get totally dismantled by San Antonio in 4.
    Last edited by Demitri98; 11-03-2014 at 12:59 PM.

They wouldn't win a title.LeBron did so much more than melo is capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Carmelo needs to match Lebron's Cleveland accolades before talking about what Lebron did in Miami.
    Lebron in Cleveland:

2 MVPS
    1 Finals Appearance
    NBA first teams

Carmelo Anthony has done what exactly? Entire career:
    1 WCF appearance?
    1 Robbed ROY

The only time Carmelo has been comparable to Lebron James was their rookie season. Hell, let me add it to Carmelo's accolades and see if they stack up.
    Here's your accolades:

-Online all day
    -Doesn't leave the house
    -Talks about basketball players for hours daily
    -3-weeks straight of not showering
    -Lives in parents basement
    Last edited by Budadiiii; 11-03-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Come to think of it, they would probably lose in the ECF to LeBron's Knicks.

At least 2 titles, possibly more depending on how well Melo could adapt to playing with Wade and Bosh. He is just a better fit for the team than Bron. In the 2013 finals it wasn't just Wade that the Spurs were helping off of and leaving open, it was Bron as well. Hence why they played so badly together that series.

Decent college freshman

2011: I think they'd win the title
    2012: Lose before Finals
    2013: I think they could lose game 7 vs. Indiana. Still think they'd struggle against Spurs. I mean they at one point stuck LBJ on Parker. Melo can't do that. Granted, Melo likely wouldn't have struggled as much to score on jumpers, but I think I think Spurs win. Melo makes the team defense worse imo.
    2014: Definitely lose in Finals. Should win the East though.

With Melo, I have them winning 1 ring for sure (2011) and maybe winning in 2013 (like 40% chance they win vs. SAS), although it wouldn't have shocked me if they lost in ECF to Indiana.

I think the team defense overall would be worse, although I wonder if Miami would have played with a C full-time since Melo is a more natural jump shooter than LBJ and relies less on driving. Prime Wade + LBJ rotating on the perimeter caused so many issues for other teams.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I agree. 3 rings for sure.

Melo humiliated LeBron and his team full of stars just a few days ago.
    What help did he have ? His team's second best player was Quincy Acy

Melo is clearly a superior player. Head to head matchups show that. Unfortunately he doesn't have all the superstar help like Bran has.
    Also Bran gets much more help from the refs.
    Oh God what am I reading here. Yep, Melo is clearly a superior player.

They don't make the finals at all after 2011. In 2011, if they do get past the Bulls, they more than likely win the title.

This forum is full of overreactions. I don't think people understand how hard it is to win a title. Look at all the great players throughout history that never won despite having great teams. Then look at the ones with great teams over the course of one or two seasons that don't win.

Lebron doesn't get enough credit for his finals wins as crazy as it sounds. Maybe it is just because my view of basketball is that of the opinions of people on here, who are outright crazy, or just trolling 95% of the time.
    People don't get how small that team was, and how difficult it is playing basketball constantly being the smaller team and constantly getting bullied and outrebounded. Lebron covered a lot of our problem areas and worked like crazy while Wade was really lazy at times.

Melo has a really low chance of getting to the finals after 2011, and an even lower one of winning after that. His best shot is 2011, and he would be a complimentary piece on the Heat team to Dwyane Wade, not the star like Lebron was.

Considering...

1. Those game & series winning defensive stops (at clutch moments) wouldnt happen
    2. The offensive orchestrating for the rest of the teammates wouldnt happen
    3. The efficient scoring wouldnt happen

None....

plowking back