Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Default Official UFC 129: GSP vs Shields

Tried scanning the first few pages didnt see if Bruins made a thread so here it is.

UFC 129: St-Pierre vs. Shields

Main Card

Georges St-Pierre (c) vs. Jake Shields
    Brazil Jos

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Official UFC 129: GSP vs Shields

Anyway I havent seen anything from Shields to see how he can win against GSP. Dana has also stated if Machida loses here he might be cut, although he deserves to be cut if he cant even win against Randy.
    That would be silly. I agree that if he can't beat Couture then it's very piss poor on Machida's part but any fighter can have a great/bad fight. The Rampage loss was very close and to me, could've been called either way. Machida is still one of the better LHW in the world and a fluke loss to Couture (because it would have to be a fluke) shouldn't get him cut.

GSP is probably going to use the same strategy he used vs Kos. Move a lot, jab and keep it standing at all times.

I'm gonna slam gsp big, I think it's at -475 now

GSP
    Aldo
    The Janitor
    Machida
    Ben Henderson
    Diaz
    Ellenberger

Diaz/MacDonald should be on the main card over either of Matyushenko/Brilz or
    Bocek/Henderson, but I guess it's not a big deal. I don't really know who to pick for that one. My gut says Diaz, but I want MacDonald to win.

Shields has the ability to pull the upset. He's awesome on the ground and he's rather crafty. He has to avoid the striking and do a much better job of cutting weight so he doesn't gas early. GSP is likely to win, but I don't think I'd bet on him after -325 or so.

Decent college freshman

I got
    GSP
    Aldo
    Lyoto
    Janitor
    Diaz

don't really care about the other fights.

I don't see how Shields can beat GSP. GSP is a monster matchup for Shields. GSP will dictate where the fight takes place and on the goround GSP's got great positional grappling that along with his vaseline jk should keep him from getting tapped out.

Besides I hope Shields lose. I want to see Nick Diaz contending in UFC welterweight division

Good High School Starter

I'm taking here Shields here. Shields is one the best pound for pound fighters in the sport and is the most underrated fighter going (along with his teammate Gilbert Melendez). He's undefeated for the past 6 years and has wins over Hendo and Okami. If Hendo and Okami fought GSP I'd favor both of them personally. Shields also was on the receiving end of a hendo bumb and recovered - maybe the only fighter ever to claim such a thing. This is going to be an epic war but I honestly believe Shields can pull of a sub or even win a decision against GSP. It's going to be a very tough and close fight.

Wanna put some money on that alex?

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey
    I got
    GSP
    Aldo
    Lyoto
    Janitor
    Diaz

don't really care about the other fights.

I don't see how Shields can beat GSP. GSP is a monster matchup for Shields. GSP will dictate where the fight takes place and on the goround GSP's got great positional grappling that along with his vaseline jk should keep him from getting tapped out.

Besides I hope Shields lose. I want to see Nick Diaz contending in UFC welterweight division
    Shields can take grind out out GSP and take him down. GSP is an amazing wrestler and implements great gameplans but so does Shields. Jake Shields will put GSP on his back at some point during the fight and that's when GSP will really be tested. GSP is going to have the advantage on the feet but he won't be able to keep the fight standing for 5 rounds. Shields is way, way too game, smart, and gritty. Shields top game is better than anyone in the UFC @ 170 or 185. If he beats GSP which I think he'll have a great chance of doing I think he'll take out Anderson too. This guy beat Okami and Dan Henderson...That's serious shit.

You'll see.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    Wanna put some money on that alex?
    yeah i do. you'll give me -450?

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky Dog
    yeah i do. you'll give me -450?
    I just saw the lines, it's +350 and -450 so I'll meet u halfway and go 4 to 1 if u want

Good High School Starter

I just saw the lines, it's +350 and -450 so I'll meet u halfway and go 4 to 1 if u want
    thats fair. how do we exchange money though? paypal?

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Easy card to pick. Have fun Tdot, I already got my ticks for Van.

thats fair. how do we exchange money though? paypal?
    The easiest for me would be Fulltilt although payoal is doable I guess...I heard there's a website out there where u can bet on sports player vs player as well...

Fuxk I just realized fulltilt is no longer an option for u lol ok I can do paypal

Good High School Starter

The easiest for me would be Fulltilt although payoal is doable I guess...I heard there's a website out there where u can bet on sports player vs player as well...

Fuxk I just realized fulltilt is no longer an option for u lol ok I can do paypal
    Cool i'll put up 50 unless that's not worth your time we can do a 100?

Cool i'll put up 50 unless that's not worth your time we can do a 100?
    100 would be cool