Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-24-2008, 07:40 AM   #1
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here
Default Frustrated Bosh

If they dont step up, Bosh might be movin' in no time.

Frustrated Bosh fumes after setback

Boston's field goal percentage, highest ever by a Raptor opponent in Toronto

0:00
Time in the game the Raptors led the Celtics yesterday

RAPTORS REPORT

WEDNESDAY
vs. Charlotte, 7 p.m., Score

FRIDAY
vs. Atlanta, 7 p.m., TSN

SUNDAY
at L.A. Lakers, 9:30 p.m. Score

NOTES

After watching the Boston Celtics shoot a higher field goal percentage (61.6) than any other opponent in Toronto franchise history, coach Sam Mitchell said it's back to basics when the 6-7 team hits the practice floor today. "We're just making a lot of mental errors," the coach said. "We know we have it in us, but we just have to go back to the drawing board."

Chris Bosh didn't have one of his greatest games on the court yesterday but he made an impact off it. The Raptors captain made a donation of $75,000 to the Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada and became the group's national spokesperson.
Bosh's crew must get serious before season slips away
The Raptors' 118-103 loss to the Celtics yesterday was ugly, and then it got uglier in the post-game press scrum.
Raptors' all-star tries to put loss behind him but can't hide mounting anger during Boston's romp
Celtics 118 Raptors 103

Quote:
Chris Bosh slammed the ball to the floor and glared, separated from his teammates during the ensuing timeout as boos cascaded down from the Air Canada Centre stands.

Ray Allen had just scored on an unimpeded layup in the third quarter of a Boston Celtic romp against the overmatched Raptors and Toronto's best player was obviously unhappy with his teammates and what was transpiring.

He wouldn't listen when Jose Calderon tried to talk to him. Other members of the team and its staff tried to have a word with him and he was having nothing of it.

In the aftermath of the 118-103 drubbing a game not remotely as close as even that one-sided scoreline would indicate Bosh had calmed considerably. But there was still an edge to his voice, an edge that suggested more anger than anything else.

"It doesn't matter, it's over," he said, far more tersely than he usually answers questions. "Just put it behind you. It doesn't matter what happened on the court. We tried, they kicked our butts, we have to look forward to Wednesday."

Pressed, he wouldn't let loose.

"Y'all keep using `frustrated' and everything. It's over, you know what I mean?" added Bosh, who led Toronto with 24 points. "Do we want other teams to shoot like that? No.

"Do we want to do a better job on defence? Yes. But it happens, you have to learn from your mistakes and move on."

It will be hard to move on, however, if there simply isn't more effort from more players. The Raptors allowed the Celtics, led by Ray Allen's 21 points, to shoot 62 per cent from the floor the highest field-goal percentage by a Toronto home opponent in franchise history and were never in the game.

There were a succession of open layups conceded and wide-open three-pointers, a terrible display of defence that Bosh chalked up to the simplest of things: "It's just effort. Most of the times, guys are breaking us down one-on-one.

"You can only motivate a guy, there are no Xs and Os to one-on-one defence. You just have to square your guy up and just make an effort. Just tell him, `You're not going to score on me.' That's what it's about."

Kevin Garnett, who had an easy day playing 28 minutes, said he could sense Bosh's frustration.

"I don't know the situation here or what he's going through but tonight he looked pretty frustrated," said Garnett. "When you're a good player and trying to be better, trying to be one of the premiers in this league, trying to set your mark, you want the help around you. He has to make a decision on whether he wants to be here."

Raptors coach Sam Mitchell had a little chat with Bosh after the game to try to calm his angry star.

"Chris and I have been here together for a while and we've been through some tough times," said the coach. "You still have to remember we are 6-7.

Quote:
"It's not like we're 35 games into the season; it's 13 games into the season and everyone is frustrated, especially coming off a tough loss to Jersey and having a bad performance like we did (yesterday).

"Chris and I talked about it and he is frustrated, but we have been through tougher times than this."

The Raptors also need to get back a healthy Jermaine O'Neal, who was limited to 14 minutes by his strained left knee. O'Neal was a surprise starter but was obviously not close to 100 per cent.

"It just didn't have any stability, it was becoming a little too painful," said O'Neal. "The big picture for us is in the long term and we've got two days before the next game."
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

YaoMing4MVP has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Frustrated Bosh

Things always get blown out of proportion by the media. What's up with KG saying "whether or not he wants to be here." Are we going to listen to our opposition commenting our future? KG should just shut up and keep his comments to his own team. All he's doing is stiring up fear and panic to our locker room.

CB4 has every right to be upset at Raptors' all around performence yesterday. Simply put it, the team didn't show up at all. We were down 10-0 in the first quarter and never bounced back. Besides Bosh and maybe Calderon, the rest of the team just didn't show up. Of course he's going to be pissed.

Having said that, I doubt he's thinking of leaving. He's much more professional than that. BC and Sam are building the team around him and he knows very well that the team is eager to win. He's just trying to make a statement that a pathetic performance like this one shouldn't happen again.

Nevermind the media and more importantly, nevermind KG.
YaoMing4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:53 AM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I honsetly feel bad for the guy...

edit: I just watched the post game interviews.. I like guys like Bosh and Calderon and I respect them for always keeping calm and cool when confronted by the media, but sometimes I just wanna hear them say "WE PLAYED LIKE ABSOLUTE **** and i'm ****ING PISSED!" I mean I don't really really wanna hear them say that of course but sometimes I get tired of hearing standard answers like "we gotta play harder next game, we gotta talk more on D, we'll be fine." that's why I actually don't mind guys like Sheed, Gilbert Arenas (other than the fact that he's overpaid and overrated), and other guys like that.

Last edited by bokes15 : 11-24-2008 at 09:00 AM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:11 AM   #4
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Very disapointing to hear KG making those comments. It really diminishes him to make comments like that to the opposing teams media. Especially him, coming from Minnisota where he had so many bad years before a little bit of success.

Im really hoping we make a coaching change.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:14 PM   #5
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
Very disapointing to hear KG making those comments. It really diminishes him to make comments like that to the opposing teams media. Especially him, coming from Minnisota where he had so many bad years before a little bit of success.

Im really hoping we make a coaching change.

KG needs to shut his mouth. The only thing I'm surprised by is that it's only starting to come out this season what a complete dumbass this guy can be. As much as the media trumps up Garnett's leadership and intensity, more often than not the guy comes off like an arrogant prick and doesn't always back up his sh*t-talk on the court anymore.

That said, I'm glad Bosh is pissed off. Something needs to light a fire under this team and/or spark BC into making a significant move.

As far as a coaching change, if it's going to happen I think the Raptors should snap up Eddie Jordan before some other team does. This guy's been a very good coach in the East for years and would immediately have the respect of the players.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #6
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise

That said, I'm glad Bosh is pissed off. Something needs to light a fire under this team and/or spark BC into making a significant move.

Was about to say it, but you beat me to it, and ur right.
Hopefully this will spark up "BC" because he isn't doing much about the obvious holes in our SF position I mean Bargs playing at SF?, the holes at our benches.

I thought BC would bring more to this Raps..
bringing in JO was nice, but wasted money on a coupel of scrubs
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #7
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
Was about to say it, but you beat me to it, and ur right.
Hopefully this will spark up "BC" because he isn't doing much about the obvious holes in our SF position I mean Bargs playing at SF?, the holes at our benches.

I thought BC would bring more to this Raps..
bringing in JO was nice, but wasted money on a coupel of scrubs

How quickly we forget. It has only been two years since we were the bottom dwellers of the lowly East. Show some appreciation. What do you expect BC to do? Trade JO and scrubs for Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum? The guy is working without much. Look at our roster. Nothing aside from our big pieces are attractive to anyone and he's not going to make a trade just for the sake of making a trade. People wanted to win NOW instead of drafting more talent so BC had to bring in new players and now that we are somewhat competitive obviously there's going to be a lack of depth/talent on a roster that was only two years removed from being fodder in the East and only had the first pick of a weak draft to show for it.

List of #1 picks since 04-05.

Dwight Howard
Andrew Bogut
Andrea Bargnani
Greg Oden

We would be beasting with any of the other 3. Raptors just got unlucky to have a high pick in a weak draft instead of one of the others.

Last edited by Prodigy : 11-24-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:41 PM   #8
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
List of #1 picks since 04-05.

Dwight Howard
Andrew Bogut
Andrea Bargnani
Greg Oden

We would be beasting with any of the other 3. Raptors just got unlucky to have a high pick in a weak draft instead of one of the others.

i dont know how we would be 'beasting' with Andrew Bogut?
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: