Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-19-2009, 07:58 AM   #1
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default It's Raining In Wisconsin (What's Your Story?)

I'm pretty bored right now, it's raining so I think I'm going to ramble since I'm bored for the first time on my laptop in a while. Not much is being posted on the forum, there's nothing on cable that interests me out of 500 channels, my daughter has a full belly of formula and she's asleep in her swing, I don't have any music I want to download since I searched through all the artists I like and I can't find anything else I want to download (294 total artists, 504 albums, 14,021 songs, 19 days, 19 hours, 18 minutes, 32 seconds worth of music).

I was born in Cincinnati, Ohio on September 15th, 1984. My father probably wasn't around for one-third of my childhood up to 18 years old (until he left out of the blue for good). My father taught me a lot of things with the mistakes he made in life. I pretty have done the opposite of whatever he did, except one thing which was work hard. He was always a hard worker and I feel that's the only trait I took from him. We lived in the same apartment complex in a Cincinnati neighborhood named Over-the-Rhine (OTR) for almost 14 years until I left for Wisconsin when I was 19. It wasn't easy living in a predominantly black neighborhood being white. My mother got called white bitch for no reason at all when we first moved in there. The first two years were the hardest. I can specifically remember one winter day when I was around nine years old. It was really cold out and there was snow on the ground. We went to the open market one block from our apartment (a farmers market called Finley Market with fresh cut meat, great fruits and vegetables, etc). On our way there my mother and I noticed there was a group of three or four kids throwing frozen apples across the street at people. If these apple hit someone in the head it could have caused a lot of damage. My mother called them out on it telling them, "They need to get the fuck home. There's no reason to be causing trouble just because you got a snow day." When we came back from the market they started throwing apples at us. Not one person helped us. Neither my mother or I got hit, but people just stood there looking letting it happen. Thankfully we got home fine. We didn't have a lot of instances like this. After two or three years people pretty much forgot about us, we minded our own business, made a few decent friends. Went on living our lives.

My father was a pretty shitty father. He cheated my mother at least six times during their twenty-odd-year relationship. My mother couldn't leave him though. If she did me and her would be homeless. She couldn't work, she drew disability and the income wouldn't be enough for us to get by. So she dealt with his bullshit for me. While my father did this, I excelled in school. I got all As and Bs in grade school and elementary school. I have probably fifty plus academic awards and i enjoyed school. Even though I was white and out of one-hundred fifty kids only nine were white I made a lot of friends. Good friends to the point we could crack jokes about each others race and not get offended by it. I had some good times in elementary and junior high school. I think being exposed to different people of different creeds really helped me be more open to people in general and not to judge them by what they look like, but more along the lines of their character. Like most kids I moved on, graduated from junior high school to high school. I only kept in contact with two friends into high school.

Since I was such a good academic student in grade school, a donater offered to pay for my tuition to go to any school I chose. I chose Roger Bacon High School, a private school with a stepper grading line. In public schools a 90-100 was considered an A. In my private school a 93-100 was an A. The tuition was around $4,000 a year and ended up being around $16,000 for my four years in school. I took a metro city bus everyday to school to and from. It became pretty regular riding it (we called it the Ghettro). I had a lot of funny times on that public bus. Sometimes when we would get off school drunks would be on the bus starting shit with people and you would just start rolling on what these people would say to you.

During my time in school the 2001 Cincinnati Riots happened. And I was pretty much in the middle of where they started. Mostly black people were destroying the very businesses they shopped out regularly, pulling people out of vehicles and stealing them because a Cincinnati police officer shot a kid on the run who had a warrant out for his arrest. The officer was suspended with pay, then ultimately fired for the department (there of which he joined another police department). People were outraged, so the destroy things. It almost got to the point where the major Charlie Luken had to call in the Ohio National Guard. Thankfully it didn't come to that. Even though this was happening I still went to school. I remember the first day the riots happened, I went to school and got there and my friends are basically like, "Wayne, why in the fuck are you at school? People are rioting in your neighborhood and you just casually walk to your bus stop and wait for the bus in hopes you don't get a brick thrown at you." I basically say, "Yes." Again, as I explained earlier, my mother and I kept to ourselves. So people didn't really bother after we were living there for a few years. If you're interested in seeing what the riots were like in Cincinnati, just go on YouTube and search "Cincinnati Riots" and you'll find some original news footage of it.

Ultimate I graduate high school. And I tell you, anyone who hasn't graduated yet it's one of the most complete feelings you'll feel in your life. Once that diploma is handed to your you're like, "Wow, this crap is finally over. After twelve years." I elected to not go to college. There is just simply nothing I love to do that much that makes me want to go (and I still feel things way at almost 25 years old). Right before I graduated my father finally left. He eventually moved to Arkansas with some other woman who already had kids and he's pretty much forgot about me as his son. That's fine with me. I've always been kind of loaner anyway.

Eventually I moved up to Wisconsin in 2004. I did it for two reasons. One, a girl. Yes stupidly a girl. And no, the girl isn't my current wife. And two, I wanted to get the hell out of Cincinnati. I grew tired of city life. I wanted more peace and quite in my life. What better place than the rural places in western Wisconsin? After I moved my life, the girl I did it for ended up cheating on me for no good reason. I never did anything for her to do it, she just ended up cheating on me behind my back. Eventually to my knowledge she married the guy she cheated on me with. I wouldn't of been mad about the situation if she just told me she didn't love me anymore and went on her way. It was just the fact she lied to me and did these things behind my back. Nonetheless I loved her and I just wanted her to be happy even though she did that to me. I let her go with no regress.

I decided to stay in Wisconsin because I simply didn't want to move back down to Cincinnati. I found work here and there and made it by. Eventually I found my now wife. Surprisingly for how pretty she is, she never had a real boyfriend before me (and she's only one year younger than me). I couldn't believe that someone as pretty as she is, and with her sports mentality that she never got asked out or went out with anyone really. I've confirmed this through her parents because I simply couldn't believe that. After almost two years we ended up getting married and we have a daughter now named Kalyn. Things certainly didn't turn out how I planned them to be when I moved ti Wisconsin. For a little while it was a pretty shitty situation. But I kept to it, and I wouldn't change anything for what I have now.

So tell me, what's your story?

Last edited by Meticode : 04-19-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
Suprageex
Are You Lucky, Punk?

Suprageex has decent reputationSuprageex has decent reputation
Default Re: It's Raining In Wisconsin (What's Your Story?)

Kudos man, for writing you life-story so openly...
Suprageex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:17 AM   #3
Warehouse

1.Born In Africa circa 1991
2.Moved To Dallas at a Young Age.
3.Got Put on Bloods by my ckousin, and we started a set in our apartments ckalled 1 Trey Gangsta Killa Bloods, because our apartment sector was sector 13..
4.Moved to a Suburb of Dallas..
5.Went to School in a different suburb of Dallas.This suburb had 250k people in it, and was just an off shoot of dallas, brought the set there.
6.Got kicked out of my first HS.....went to alternative school for a while..Went to my second high school, got kicked out of there for beating a teacher who tried to chokehold me
7.Underachieved badly in high school due to not giving a fu-ck and always being in fights/trouble.
8.Got to Ckollege, trying to make something out of my life.
9.Hoping to transfer to UT next year.
10.Praise Allah.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warehouse
3.Got Put on Bloods by my ckousin, and we started a set in our apartments ckalled 1 Trey Gangsta Killa Bloods, because our apartment sector was sector 13..
5.Went to School in a different suburb of Dallas.This suburb had 250k people in it, and was just an off shoot of dallas, brought the set there.
6.Got kicked out of my first HS.....went to alternative school for a while..Went to my second high school, got kicked out of there for beating a teacher who tried to chokehold me
7.Underachieved badly in high school due to not giving a fu-ck and always being in fights/trouble.
10.Praise Allah.

If this is true, congratulations on trying to change your life. Good luck!
Old 04-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #5
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprageex
Kudos man, for writing you life-story so openly...

I figured most people wouldn't read it. They'd see the volume of the thread and just no be interested. In any case, that's my life in a nutshell. I left out a lot of things that are personal. Nonetheless those are the important things.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #6
ruslan
Decent college freshman

ruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat cool

How far do u live from Green Bay? I live there
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #7
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslan
How far do u live from Green Bay? I live there

Onalaska (near La Crosse). Opposite side of the state near Winona, Minnesota. About 4.5 hour drive.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #8
rawimpact
Banned

rawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warehouse
10.Praise Allah.

damn you must take debating to a different level
rawimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #9
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Man, the Cinci Riots. I was a HS junior when that happened and I'm still flabbergasted that probably 90% of people have either forgotten about or just never even knew of them.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #10
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Man, the Cinci Riots. I was a HS junior when that happened and I'm still flabbergasted that probably 90% of people have either forgotten about or just never even knew of them.

From my experience most people just don't know about them even though they lasted for about three days and the national guard was almost called in.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #11
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Eventually I found my now wife.

theres going to be **** storm now meticode

lol, just joking
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: