Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Default Re: Discussing who would win in a 7 game series between Lakers vs Heat and Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    ya i know about matchups

Westbrook cant stop nash.... nash cant stop westbrook

harden cant stop kobe... kobe CAN stop harden

artest cant stop durant... artest isnt really a big threat offensively

ibaka cant stop pau... ibaka isnt really a big thread offensively

howard totally destroys anything OKC throws at him. especially with nash at point and kobe drawing defenders

---------------------------

as for miami

nash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>chalmers

Kobe >>>>>Wade

Pau >>>>>Bosh

Howard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>who?

lebrons the only advantage

-----------------------

as for sanantonio LOL

Nash = Parker

Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ginobili

Metta >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Leonard

Gasol >>>>>>> Duncan

Howard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> who?
    I don't mean player matchups, which mean little in a seven game series unless there's a complete mismatch (which you rarely see in the conference finals/Finals). I'm speaking more about contrasting play styles, size vs speed, playcalling, team defense, etc.

Not airballing my layups anymore Sleu27's Avatar

Default Re: Discussing who would win in a 7 game series between Lakers vs Heat and Thunder

Haha

Lakers in 5

and its not even close

Rest of the NBA Teams are so maaad right now

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    ya i know about matchups

Westbrook can stop nash.... nash cant stop westbrook

harden cant stop kobe... kobe can't stop harden

artest cant stop durant... artest isnt really a big threat offensively

ibaka can bother pau... ibaka isnt really a big thread offensively

howard totally destroys anything OKC throws at him. especially with nash at point and kobe drawing defenders

---------------------------

as for miami

nash >chalmers, but Nash can't guard Chalmers (Nash can't guard anyone)

Kobe<Wade

Pau>Haslem/Battier

Howard>Bosh

lebrons is a gigantic advantage being the best in the NBA

-----------------------

as for sanantonio LOL

Nash<Parker

Kobe>Ginobili

Metta=Leonard

Gasol>Diaw

Howard>Duncan
    fixed

College star

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    LAL v OKC = OKC
    OKC v MIA = MIA
    LAL v MIA = LAL
    Pretty much this. It's a game of match-ups, don't know why that's so hard for half the people that have inhabited this thread to realize.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    LAL v OKC = OKC
    OKC v MIA = MIA
    LAL v MIA = LAL
    This makes absolutely no sense...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Pretty much this. It's a game of match-ups, don't know why that's so hard for half the people that have inhabited this thread to realize.
    It is all about match-ups and Thunder/Lakers will be a great contrast of styles. in the playoffs there wasn't much in it just a few plays here and there which gives me confidence we can beat them this time around with the additions of Nash and Dwight.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    This makes absolutely no sense...
    Why doesn't it make sense?

I bet this would make tons of sense to you:

OKC vs Lakers = Lakers
    Miami vs Lakers = Lakers
    OKC vs Miami = Lakers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    fixed

lol@ 3rd team all nba, 22ppg 2nd banana wade being better than 1st team all nba 28ppg kobe

wades prime lasted about 3 seasons... the guys already declined beyond kobe

wade relied way too much on his speed and its showing now because of his declining athleticism

hes a shell of what he once was

and the refs dont give him nearly as many BS calls

College star

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    It is all about match-ups and Thunder/Lakers will be a great contrast of styles. in the playoffs there wasn't much in it just a few plays here and there which gives me confidence we can beat them this time around with the additions of Nash and Dwight.
    I'm not implying the Lakers can't beat OKC. They are certainly better equip now, with a big that is the best pick and roll defender (out of all bigs) in the league, compared to Bynum who is conversely one of the worst.

I'm just saying, you still have to give the edge to OKC because they have two mismatches in Durant and Westbrook, while the Lakers only have one in Dwight.

Until the Lakers actually play and prove they can beat OKC, it's dumb for Laker fans to get so overconfident. Why not just hush, be graceful until these teams play each other in the regular season, and then make some type of arguments based on actual empirical evidence.

All they are doing is supplying the members of the board who despise them most with material to cite if the Lakers fail this upcoming post season.

If that was my team, I'd simply stick to facts and keep it at "we'll see come playoff time. Both teams boast match up problems to be exposed." That's it. Simple, modest, and true.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    I'm not implying the Lakers can't beat OKC. They are certainly better equip now, with a big that is the best pick and roll defender (out of all bigs) in the league, compared to Bynum who is conversely one of the worst.

I'm just saying, you still have to give the edge to OKC because they have two mismatches in Durant and Westbrook, while the Lakers only have one in Dwight.

Until the Lakers actually play and prove they can beat OKC, it's dumb for Laker fans to get so overconfident. Why not just hush, be graceful until these teams play each other in the regular season, and then make some type of arguments based on actual empirical evidence.

All they are doing is supplying the members of the board who despise them most with material to cite if the Lakers fail this upcoming post season.

If that was my team, I'd simply stick to facts and keep it at "we'll see come playoff time. Both teams boast match up problems to be exposed." That's it. Simple, modest, and true.
    Both Miami and OKC deserve to be ranked ahead as these are the two finalists. Obviously through the course of the season that may likely change but right now they are proven. Not a bad thing either for L.A to be ranked behind them both at this moment anyway.

Granted chemistry shouldn't be an issue but until they play together who knows.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Both Miami and OKC deserve to be ranked ahead as these are the two finalists. Obviously through the course of the season that may likely change but right now they are proven. Not a bad thing either for L.A to be ranked behind them both at this moment anyway.

Granted chemistry shouldn't be an issue but until they play together who knows.
    It's not a bad thing at all. It's better to be underrated than overrated.

I felt the same way about Miami in the summer of 2010. Miami fans having a good ol time predicting championships. A year later they had to hide their their faces in the sand.

Not airballing my layups anymore Sleu27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    fixed

Damn the stupidness is strong with this one

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Lettuce be real. There are no favorites for a title this year. All three teams have an even shot.

Local High School Star TheeBeast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Lettuce be real. There are no favorites for a title this year. All three teams have an even shot.
    Yeah and those three are the favorites

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Kobe will be 0-2 in the NBA Finals playing with 3 other HOF teammates next season.