Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 01-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Thoughts on trading for Jason Kidd...

A while ago on the main board some posted a thread about Jason Kidd to Denver rumors.... Kidd to the Nuggs

What do you guys think about it? Also, what is you opinion of my idea regarding trading Marcus Camby.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:16 AM   #2
R.M
Kids at the park dunk on me

R.M has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Thoughts on trading for Jason Kidd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
A while ago on the main board some posted a thread about Jason Kidd to Denver rumors.... Kidd to the Nuggs

What do you guys think about it? Also, what is you opinion of my idea regarding trading Marcus Camby.

We could use Jason Kidd,

But our main problem right now is outside shooters, we need a outside shooter to force the other team to stop playing stop using zone against us.

But with GK as our coach, the chances of him using shooters are slim. (Wafer, JR etc)

Last edited by R.M : 01-10-2008 at 01:32 AM.
R.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:31 AM   #3
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

ThyGreatOne has decent reputation

i heard about this as well, and im still trying to figure out why the heck the Nuggets would want Kidd if they are keeping Iverson. honestly it makes no sense, Iverson creates his own shot he dont need Kidd to create a open shot for him. i really dont see how Kidd and Iverson in the back court would work, it reminds me of the Knicks Marbury/Francis 'experiment' and we all know how that turned out. in all honesty i think any deal involving Kidd (the Nuggets) need to part with AI and let Kidd and Melo run the show in Denver!
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:06 PM   #4
bhencic
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bhencic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyGreatOne
i heard about this as well, and im still trying to figure out why the heck the Nuggets would want Kidd if they are keeping Iverson. honestly it makes no sense, Iverson creates his own shot he dont need Kidd to create a open shot for him. i really dont see how Kidd and Iverson in the back court would work, it reminds me of the Knicks Marbury/Francis 'experiment' and we all know how that turned out. in all honesty i think any deal involving Kidd (the Nuggets) need to part with AI and let Kidd and Melo run the show in Denver!

I can't believe you just compared Marbury/Francis to AI/J Kidd. A Kidd and Iverson back court would be very effective mainly due to Kidd's great vision, rebounding, and size. The nuggets need a taller PG if iverson is gonna play the 2. The only problem is that kidd isn't a great shooter for the most part... and for the money, and what the nuggets would have to give up, it's a bad deal. But there's no question that the two together would be an excellent backcourt.
bhencic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:26 PM   #5
R.M
Kids at the park dunk on me

R.M has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyGreatOne
i really dont see how Kidd and Iverson in the back court would work, it reminds me of the Knicks Marbury/Francis 'experiment' and we all know how that turned out. !

I cant even believe you would compare two HOF's to two borderline all-star.

And yes this would work, remember Eric Snow? the poor man version of Jason Kidd? AI and Snow I recall went to the NBA finals.
R.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #6
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

I like Kidd because of his rebounding and overall skillset, and he'd give Denver a great shot at getting to the NBA Finals. I would try and get him.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #7
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

We had a 2 page long thread on it a few weeks ago, most people seemed to oppose the idea.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68254
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #8
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

ThyGreatOne has decent reputation

Quote:
bhencic & R.M
first off let me start by saying i didnt mean to offend anyone. having said that, i still dont see long term how a AI/J. Kidd combo in the back court would work. honestly ya'll could be right and they could figure it out and make a run of it. i just think it will not work, is a matter of my opinion is all. the other side of that, why would Denver wanna give up Camby for Kidd? Camby is a beast for ya'll and i dont see how getting rid of a bonifide center for a great point guard is a good deal. in the West especially the Nuggets are going to need a center and the presance that Camby brings along with altering shots, getting blocks, and his overall defense in general is a hot comody in the NBA.

now to also clear something up, maybe i worded it wrong, i wasnt compairing a Marbury/Francsis backcourt to a AI/Kidd backcourt in the realm of talent and accomplishments... i mearly meant in the end, the AI/Kidd backcourt wasnt going to be as effective as one might initially assume...
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: