Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-09-2006, 01:45 PM   #1
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far
Default I feel bad for him

Kmart need to have surgery again, this time on his other knee. I really miss him, but am sort of happy that we got rid of him for two reasons, A. We got Vince Carter and B. he's been injury plauged since he left Jersey. I do wish him the best though and always look foward to him coming back to CAA.

Also thought this was an interesting quote by Kidd:
Quote:
This past summer, Martin was on the trade block and both the Nets and Knicks discussed trade scenarios for Martin, who declined to comment if he had requested a trade. He did spend a lot of time around the Nets during last spring's playoffs. Jason Kidd makes it no secret that he'd love to have Martin back.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

KMart should not have turned down that $60 million over 6 years contracted offered to him.

he said he needed more money and there you go. his career has gone down the crapper.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
KMart should not have turned down that $60 million over 6 years contracted offered to him.

he said he needed more money and there you go. his career has gone down the crapper.
totally agree, and as a result of his greed and ego (am i being too harsh in saying that?) everything worked out great for the nets. if he was still here he would have been constantly in and out of the lineup and would have hindered krstic' development.

i honestly don't know what kidd is thinking... in terms of salaries matching we'd have to trade VC to get kmart i think. maybe if denver wanted to throw in some good prospects or draft picks i would do it, but otherwise i'd like to get something a lot better than a washed-up kmart for VC.

sorry, monkey, i used to love kmart and was devastated when he left, but physically he's not the same player he was and he doesn't look like he's worked on his skills the way an RJ, a wright or a krstic have done. that kind of thing sends me a red flag.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:54 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

i think Kidd knows full well of the salary implications, but in a world where everything would be perfect, he would love a hustling KMart back with the Nets, along with Carter.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:26 PM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yup, and i'd like a naked cheerleader to be waiting for me in bed every night. :)
Old 11-09-2006, 10:11 PM   #6
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
yup, and i'd like a naked cheerleader to be waiting for me in bed every night. :)
Who wouldnt?
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:21 PM   #7
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Poor Kenyon. It isn't the same with his thunderous dunks and monsterous blocks....
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:35 AM   #8
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Who wouldnt?
gay republicans.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:54 AM   #9
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

Its sad to see K-Mart have to go threw this,He actually came out this season looking a little like his old self. You always Hate to see players go down to injuries whether you like the team/player or not you don't wish this on any player.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: