Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: French Open 2012

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    "Rafa and Roger are terrible sports when it comes to losing. I remember Roger losing his cool several times looking for anything to blame against Nadal as well. Same thing went when he faced Djokovic."

You posted this ^^ and you ask when anyone said Rafa was a poor sport?

You did.
    How dense are you? I wasn't talking about me, I'm talking about the players.

You said he always congratulates his opponents and says they were better on the day when he loses. When has a player even said otherwise? When has there been a terrible grand slam losing speech?
    It's always "He was great, deserved to win, blah blah"... That doesn't prove anything in terms of sportsmanship. Everyone has the common knowledge to know what to say.

Nadal threw a hissy fit yesterday. Not his first time against Djokovic as well.

   

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I really can't stand clay anyway. They could get rid of the French Open as a major altogether and I wouldn't lose any sleep. I think less than 10% of all ATP/WTA tours events are even played on clay. It's a gimmicky surface, and most players don't even like it.
    You ever play on har-tru composite clay? That stuff's a dream IMO. Underground hydration system so it's always in perfect condition no matter the weather. Nice and firm and easy to move around on, but with a little bit of softness to make it easy on the knees and ankles.

More tournaments should switch to that stuff IMO.

GO Nadal

yessssssssss

congrats Nadal

Ugh, least deserved championship ever. You're already the best on a surface, yet you need everything catered to you as well. Congratulations for winning with the title handed to you on a platter. Looking forward to the 20 minute compilation of lobs for the highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup
    Ugh, least deserved championship ever. You're already the best on a surface, yet you need everything catered to you as well. Congratulations for winning with the title handed to you on a platter. Looking forward to the 20 minute compilation of lobs for the highlights.

As a player all you can do is try to handle the circumstances that are given to you. Nadal owned Djokovic for the first two sets, it was nice to see Novak start to play better but don't blame the weather or the tournament schedule for Nadal's 7th French. He earned it. I'd also like to see if you would find their "lob" shots so slow if you were on the court.

And to comment on your last post about giving the opponent credit. I was not talking about the speeches at the end of Slams, of course the players have to say the right thing there. I'm talking about post match and on court interviews for the smaller tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    As a player all you can do is try to handle the circumstances that are given to you. Nadal owned Djokovic for the first two sets, it was nice to see Novak start to play better but don't blame the weather or the tournament schedule for Nadal's 7th French. He earned it. I'd also like to see if you would find their "lob" shots so slow if you were on the court.

And to comment on your last post about giving the opponent credit. I was not talking about the speeches at the end of Slams, of course the players have to say the right thing there. I'm talking about post match and on court interviews for the smaller tournaments.
    Once again, where has either player, or any for that matter done differently at the end in interviews?

And of course I'm not going to be able to play their shots at a high level. I'm not a professional tennis player. What kind of argument is that? Nadal is a moonballer. Get the ball over the net and hope the opponent messes up. Now that a better player has come along, the only way he can win is on the slower courts; clay being the perfect example.

Roland Garros is a sham, tennis could do without it, boring ass slow games...

Nadal is the best clay player ever
    He has to get back to whipping Djoke on other courts. Wimbledon soon

[QUOTE]Gary Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup
    Once again, where has either player, or any for that matter done differently at the end in interviews?

And of course I'm not going to be able to play their shots at a high level. I'm not a professional tennis player. What kind of argument is that? Nadal is a moonballer. Get the ball over the net and hope the opponent messes up. Now that a better player has come along, the only way he can win is on the slower courts; clay being the perfect example.
    Do you really watch tennis?

Nadal usually hits more winners than his opponent, moonballers don't hit winners.

He hits with extreme spin, that's all.