Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Ask hateraid supplement advice PtII

Quote Originally Posted by KDTrey5
    im pretty lean now, trying to bulk up a bit. no real goal, just trying to get bigger but im doing it for basketball. not trying to get too big and lose out on my athleticism. havent used anything before. i use to workout all the time and i got pretty big without using anything. so im pretty sure id bulk fast with some supps. i dont know much about protein shakes and all that but if u can help out, ill start
    I'd go with your typical meal replacement. It'll give you a more sustained release protein profile, different glycemic levels of carbs, essential fats, pretty much how a meal should look like. The profile is generally 25-30 grams of protein, 10-15 grams of carbs including about 4 gram fiber, and roughly 2 grams of fat. It's a great profile in which it won't really bulk you up, but given the right diet can add mass.
    We have a product called Fusion 7 that fits this type of profile. As far as I've resaerach we're one of the lowest in cholesterol with the highest fiber. Try it out

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I'd go with your typical meal replacement. It'll give you a more sustained release protein profile, different glycemic levels of carbs, essential fats, pretty much how a meal should look like. The profile is generally 25-30 grams of protein, 10-15 grams of carbs including about 4 gram fiber, and roughly 2 grams of fat. It's a great profile in which it won't really bulk you up, but given the right diet can add mass.
    We have a product called Fusion 7 that fits this type of profile. As far as I've resaerach we're one of the lowest in cholesterol with the highest fiber. Try it out
    respect. ill check it out

What's up buddy?
    I've honestly never heard of this brand.
    I did just take a look at it on BB.com and the formula seems a little over the top. Although it appears to be all these unique creatines bottom line is it is creatine and you're paying a little more that what the average cost would be. I like the fact they use Vanadium. Great for insulin response. I'm looking more into l-aspartic acid as a carrier.
    I'd stick to creatine HCL. But let me know how that one works out.
    will do. yeah i honestly never heard of it either but it seems to have good reviews and uses creapure so it sounds like good quality stuff. have no idea what all the other ingredients do lol. i took my first dose today and i definitely felt stronger. i inclined about 20 pounds more then usual with an extra 1-2 reps. that was good considering i was pretty hungry when i went to the gym. will let u know how it goes after more use.

What I would consider using a lower carb protein, but use a postworkout type supplement. The problem with cutting is weightloss is inevitable. If you can increase muscle density you may be able to maintain that weight. I'm also linked with BPI nutrition. A couple of products I would recommend is Solid and Build HD.

Solid works as an androgenic. It helps by elevating also the male functions that are required for muscle building. Everything from hormonal support, water retention, the process of protein synthesis and so on.

Build is a new creatine which uses certain carriers that work on a cellular level. Products like co-enzyme q10, acetyl-l-carnitne which all works as cellular support, in which aids the proccess of ATP replenishing.
    thank you kindly

Hey Hateraid, glad to see you back
    It's off season for me now, i still got 1 one month of preparation before pre season and i really wanted to builk a lit bittle.
    Our nutricionist just work with us during the season, he was with the Olympic team from my country this Summer.

I'm currently at 5'11 with 157lb 9% body fat, ripped guy.

What do you think about something that can help me?
    I know the main reason that i'm not really builked it's because of my "anormal" sleeping/eating habits in off season ... i've some trouble get a good routine in the Summer, tho i eat A LOT.

Ohh btw, i really don't like to drink milk. I try to compensate that eating yogurts and a lot of cheese.
    Last edited by Maga_1; 08-14-2012 at 05:13 AM.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Aww Maga you don't like milk?

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

dunno if you were really gone but welcome back!
    Last edited by magic chiongson; 08-14-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Okay, I WILL say that hateraid pointed me to Dymatize and it's absolutely the BEST-TASTING protein powder out there. I swear, I don't know how taking crack feels like, but I imagine it's pretty close to this. Sometimes, I found that I wanted to train just so I had an excuse to take a shake.

Yo hateraid, I also have to say though, I quit taking protein powders ever since May, and I've had absolutely my best gains ever composition-wise not taking the stuff, absolutely beating the dinner table after evening training, and even fasting from 9 in the evening to 12 noon everyday. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    will do. yeah i honestly never heard of it either but it seems to have good reviews and uses creapure so it sounds like good quality stuff. have no idea what all the other ingredients do lol. i took my first dose today and i definitely felt stronger. i inclined about 20 pounds more then usual with an extra 1-2 reps. that was good considering i was pretty hungry when i went to the gym. will let u know how it goes after more use.
    All the other igredients are essentially creatine monohydrate.

ex: Creatine AKG is creatine monohydrate bonded with an AKG(alpha keto gluterate) molecule. In theory creatine bonded to different molecules can either a) manipulate acidity levels or b) absorb without creating insulin or have a great insulin response.
    If it helped all the power to you

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Hey Hateraid, glad to see you back
    It's off season for me now, i still got 1 one month of preparation before pre season and i really wanted to builk a lit bittle.
    Our nutricionist just work with us during the season, he was with the Olympic team from my country this Summer.

I'm currently at 5'11 with 157lb 9% body fat, ripped guy.

What do you think about something that can help me?
    I know the main reason that i'm not really builked it's because of my "anormal" sleeping/eating habits in off season ... i've some trouble get a good routine in the Summer, tho i eat A LOT.

Ohh btw, i really don't like to drink milk. I try to compensate that eating yogurts and a lot of cheese.
    How's it going baller?

Milk is bad anyways. I don't suggest it.
    First thing I would suggest to get everything in balance is a good multivitamin. Everything starts from a basis of nutrition. Plug in holes where you are nutrient difficient. it could address the improper diet, lack of sleep with the b-vitamins, and process calories efficiently for wieght gain.

Next I would try an adaptogen. If it's available in your coutry there's a product called Geriforte (stresscare in North America) by Himalaya Herbal Healthcare. Althought the label says stress it is really an adaptogen meaning it brings the body to balance. If you're moody it calms you down. If you're tired it rejuvinates. It has no know side effects and is clinically proven on humans. I love this brand.

Finally look for a protein supplement that has a 4:1 carb to protein ratio. Carbs build mass, and as a hard gainer don't be too concerned with carb intake, you'll still stay relatively lean. DO NOT REPLACE MEALS with it. Use on top of meals. I think we've spoke before on the subject and I know you say you eat alot, but eat more. You're body has created this plateau in which it burns as much as you take in, you need to manipulate it and go over that amount. Once you start noticing some gain, that's essentially how many calories you should eat.

Last edited by hateraid; 08-14-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
    Okay, I WILL say that hateraid pointed me to Dymatize and it's absolutely the BEST-TASTING protein powder out there. I swear, I don't know how taking crack feels like, but I imagine it's pretty close to this. Sometimes, I found that I wanted to train just so I had an excuse to take a shake.

Yo hateraid, I also have to say though, I quit taking protein powders ever since May, and I've had absolutely my best gains ever composition-wise not taking the stuff, absolutely beating the dinner table after evening training, and even fasting from 9 in the evening to 12 noon everyday. What gives?
    Thanks bro
    Protein does not replace real food, that's for sure.
    The reason you're getting better gains is that the profile from your meal is technically more condusive for building muscle.
    IE you get a sustained release protein, carbs to replenish glycogen, and the nutrients to decrease free radicals from breaking down tissue. I would suggest to optimize you results drink the shake before you eat your meal. This will give you the protein that will have immediate absorbtion.
    Last edited by hateraid; 08-14-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Hi Hateraid,

For the last several months, I've been trying to gain some weight. I'm close to 5"11 and i fluctuate between 170 and 175 pounds...I've educated myself on better training methods and my strength has improved greatly..I've gained a little bit of size but not enough that I'm satisfied. I used a gainer called Stealth which i liked and i tried another called Carnivor Mass that i didn't like. I use a pre-workout called Assault when I am tired, which helps me with my energy to go hard in my workout....

However, every supplement i take just seems to make my sh*t alot, so im not sure how effective they are..and ive been going through alot of stress in my personal life (custody issues, breakup, potential problems with job security), which just makes me nervous all the time, so some days i have trouble eating and sleeping...my question is what else can i do to try to gain some weight and continue to gain strength when there are days that i don't eat alot due to stress and anxiety?

NBA rookie of the year

What's your take on vegetable juice, such as V8? Is it as effective as eating whole veggies?

How's it going baller?

Milk is bad anyways. I don't suggest it.
    First thing I would suggest to get everything in balance is a good multivitamin. Everything starts from a basis of nutrition. Plug in holes where you are nutritient difficient. it could adrss the improper diet, lack of sleep with the b-vitamins, and process calories efficiently for wirght gain.

Next I would try an adaptogen. If it's available in your coutry there's a product called Geriforte (stresscare in North America) by Hmalaya Herbal Healthcare. Althought the label says stress it is really an adaptogen meaning it brings the body to balance. If you're moody it calms you down. If you're tired it rejuvinates. It has no know side effects and is clinically proven on humans. I love this brand.

Finally look for a protein supplement that has a 4:1 carb to protein ratio. Carbs build mass, and as a hard gainer don't be too concerned with carb intake, you'll still stay relatively lean. DO NOT REPLACE MEALS with it. Use on top of meals. I think we've spoke before on the subject and I know you say you eat alot, but eat more. You're body has created this platuea in which it burns as much as you take in, you need to manipulate it and go over that amount. Once you start noticing some gain, that's essentially how many calories you should eat.

Everything's fine, trying to take the next step and hit big european leagues.
    Hope to see you around more times, you're one of the true guys here.

Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Everything's fine, trying to take the next step and hit big european leagues.
    Hope to see you around more times, you're one of the true guys here.

Thanks man.
    Thanks man! Sorry, went back and corrected all my spelling mistakes. I'm glad you were able to read that!