Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM   #976
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: 2018-19 regular season. Time to live up to the hype!

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...all-star-teams

someone gets it
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM   #977
Xiao Yao You

https://thejnotes.com/2019/01/22/uta...bio-conundrum/

Quote:
So what do you do with Rubio, whose biggest consistency is being inconsistent? Keep him in hopes that the good games will begin to outnumber the bad ones or put an end to the experiment altogether?

You have to get rid of him for no other reason than the coach won't bench im when he's bad. Living and dying with Ricky is no way to run a team
Old Yesterday, 10:17 AM   #978
Xiao Yao You

https://thejnotes.com/2019/01/22/uta...ward-scenario/

Quote:
Of course, it doesn’t make any sense at all for them to pursue Marc Gasol. With Rudy Gobert firmly in place as Utah’s starting center and the backbone of the defense, having he and Gasol on the same roster would be horribly redundant despite their unique traits. Conley, however, has the chance to be an extremely tantalizing trade prospect.

I think they could actually be good together. Rudy might have to guard the perimeter and help down low but offensively they'd be a lot better for sure.

Quote:
Nevertheless, as Jazz fans should know all too well, All-Star recognition is never an all-encompassing measure of the worth of a player. And while Conley hasn’t ever played in the heralded event, he’s certainly an All-Star caliber talent. Conley has averaged 15 points or better in each of his past six seasons, which have also included marks well above that.

not exactly all-star numbers

Quote:
In looking at all these positives, it’s easy to see how the Jazz might be licking their chops at putting together a deal for Conley. But of course, trades are never that easy to pull off. There will be several teams vying for Conley’s assistance and the Jazz’s assets aren’t necessarily the most appealing. That is, unless, Memphis is looking mainly for salary relief (which is quite plausible). In that case, Utah’s expiring contracts could be an appealing prize.

I'm sure they want young guys and picks more than anything. Have to be some of their vets to match. Hopefully they'd have interest in Exum because he has a big contract and is young. Still have to include Favors or Rubio though.

Quote:
Derrick Favors, Ricky Rubio, Thabo Sefolosha, Ekpe Udoh and Georges Niang are all examples of players on expiring contracts, which could be viewed as appealing to the Grizzlies. A combination of Dante Exum paired with either Favors or Rubio would get the job done, as would a pairing of Rubio and Favors, though I have a hard time seeing Utah dealing both of those players, even if there is an argument to be had that it would be worth it.

They are stupid if everyone but Gobert and Mitchell aren't on the table.

Quote:
A rebuilding team like Memphis would also likely require a healthy return of a draft pick or two in order to make any deal with Conley take life, which of course would be a further risk for the Jazz. If Utah feels that a starting point guard of Conley’s caliber is their missing piece to rise to the next level, they may very well go all in to acquire him. However, they’d better be sure he’s what they want, because making a move for Conley would essentially handcuff them for any big-time free agent moves this summer.

those big time free agent moves that are unlikely to happen? How many of those guys fit as well as Conley?

Quote:
But for the sake of intrigue, let’s assume the Grizzlies like what the Jazz have to offer, then Utah has to decide who to give up for Conley and if it will truly translate over to an improved team from there. If they weigh and measure, and decide that going all in for Conley is worth it, they still have his age and injury risk to consider. All told, it’s certainly a high-risk, high-reward situation.

Hard to imagine Gobert, Conley and Mitchell and whatever is left not being better than what they have. Rather it's better than what they could have with other deals or free agency you can argue I guess
Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM   #979
Xiao Yao You

Quote:
The Hawks have engaged with teams on veteran players Kent Bazemore and Dewayne Dedmon, but also have discussed forward Taurean Prince, league sources said. In his third season, Prince is averaging 14.1 points and 4.1 rebounds. Also worth monitoring: guard Tyler Dorsey. – via The Athletic

Prince could be a nice pickup
Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM   #980
Xiao Yao You

The Washington Wizards and Orlando Magic are still competing for a playoff berth, but both teams are preparing for the deadline with the awareness their moves will be made based upon whether the team is trending upward or down as Feb. 7 approaches, sources said. Wizards star guard Bradley Beal is not going anywhere, which Washington has made adamantly clear, league sources told The Athletic. Depending on how the next week to two weeks shape up, the Wizards could look more aggressively toward moving Otto Porter. The Utah Jazz have been an interested suitor for Porter, league sources said. Beal has helped lead the Wizards to seven wins in their past 10 games, carrying a squad that lost All-Star John Wall to season-ending heel surgery before the New Year. – via The Athletic
Old Yesterday, 01:47 PM   #981
Xiao Yao You

Quote:
The Grizzlies have attempted to engage several teams in a deal to move Chandler Parsons — most notably the Atlanta Hawks, league sources said. The sides have yet to build the necessary traction toward a trade. The move would free Parsons from Memphis, which has decided not to play him even though he has been cleared for basketball since Dec. 21. Expect forward JaMychal Green to attract significant interest entering the deadline. – via The Athletic

could get their 1 and 4 in the same deal!
Old Yesterday, 01:47 PM   #982
Xiao Yao You

Ryan Ward: #Jazz star Donovan Mitchell (@Donovan Mitchell) has agreed to a partnership w/ BodyArmor (@DrinkBODYARMOR). Mitchell joins the likes of Andrew Luck, Mike Trout, James Harden, & Kobe Bryant. Mitchell will be featured in BodyArmor’s newest ad campaign set to launch later this yr. pic.twitter.com/wRMC3JdN0x – via Twitter RyanWardLA

Ryan Ward: Kobe Bryant on Donovan Mitchell partnering with BodyArmor (@DrinkBODYARMOR): “Donovan Mitchell is one of the most electrifying, young players in the game today.” #Jazz – via Twitter RyanWardLA
Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM   #983
Xiao Yao You

Charlotte, North Carolina, will be the site of this year’s NBA All-Star Weekend in February, but Utah Jazz forward Joe Ingles doesn’t plan on being anywhere near the area. Despite a Yahoo Sports petition being started last week to get him in the Skills Challenge, Ingles would rather spend the time with his wife, Renae, and twin children far, far away from the festivities. “You know exactly what my thoughts are on that. You know what my answer’s going to be. I’m going on vacation,” Ingles said. “I’m going to spend time with my kids and my wife. That’s it.” – via Deseret News

As of Wednesday morning, ahead of Utah’s game versus Denver, more than 2,400 people had signed the petition with a 2,500 goal in mind. Ingles’ teammate Donovan Mitchell even shared it via social media with the Twitter hashtag #Joe2Skills, while the Yahoo Sports staff has continued to promote it across the web. While most would be flattered, Ingles is different. “I don’t know who started it,” Ingles said. “I don’t know why they started it, they should’ve known the answer. I’m having some time off.” – via Deseret News
Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM   #984
Xiao Yao You

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-reserve-picks

that's 2 national media picks for Rudy
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM   #985
Xiao Yao You

https://www.slcdunk.com/2019/1/21/18...cker-woj-shams

Quote:
My_Lo’s take: WE’RE GETTING WARMER. This one seems to be inching closer to Splash Uncle territory. The Jazz liked Otto Porter during the summer of our malcontent with Gordon Hayward. This rumor feels like it has legs as it has Washington drawing a line in the sand with Beal and Utah has pieces on their team that they can part with that would still allow Washington to move up in the playoff race. Favors would be an upgrade at the 5 for Washington and Rubio would fill in nicely for the injured John Wall.

Debatable as to rather Favors would be an upgrade or not. I'm sure they could use 1 or even two of our pg's with Wall out. Maybe Thabo as well? They'd want some of the young guys or picks though not just expiring contracts I imagine
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: