Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    raep tiem

Default Re: Greece Is Coming To The 2014 FIBA World Cup

Is Nigeria going?

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK
    giannis will probably stay in Milwaukee to work out with Bucks during the offseason
    Who really cares what he does with that though? It's just more NBA only fan fantasy nonsense delusion. He's probably not good enough to make the team, unless they just put him there for learning experience as an 11th-12th man. And he probably won't get playing time in serious games anyway.

It's doubtful he's going to play at all in anything other than minutes in non important games with Spanoulis and Zisis in front of him, and then with the federation's favorite Calathes (who I think is horrible) and then guys like Sloukas, Pappas, and Mantzaris at guard positions. It's unlikely he would make the team even, and if he did, it would be in the 11-12 man role.

Anyway, he actually said that he would for sure 100% play if he was selected. But it does not matter anyway, if he does play, he's probably only getting to play solid minutes in the early games of the tournament against the bad teams.

He's probably not going to be in the 10 man rotation once the actual serious games start, IF he even made the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Who cares?? USA, Spain, and France would dominate this competition.

PS

Philippines also qualified in the 2014 FIBA World Cup for the first time since 1972. the 2nd best team in asia after Iran.
    Tony Parker isn't playing genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Why would they treat their best player like that??? Reducing him to 8-10 mins.

Unleash the Greek Freak!!!!!!!
    Spanoulis is their best player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Then they are doomed.......

Yikes.

Shitty team who barely even qualified.

Same guy who averaged 2 points in the NBA right?

Good effort.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK
    its not official that we got the wild card, although its very possible
    I did not say it was official. Obviously, it won't be official until they announce it, which should be around the first week of February.

That's not to say this info could not be wrong, or could not change. But it seems that Turkey, Russia, and Greece were in the running. Israel, Finland, Italy were also, but ultimately, it was decided that they had been so bad in recent years that it was just extremely unfair to give it to one of them.

So it came down to Greece, Russia, and Turkey. Of course, they wanted Russia and Turkey, as economics (who can bring in the most money for FIBA decides it).

But then it was proven once again that Russian basketball system was caught in yet another scandal, this is what, like the 4th or 5th time now? And since this has happened that on tape they have been caught now so many times, and that even though they offered an 800,000 euros more money as a pay out to try to cover it, when the tape went public the scandal got bigger.

With so many scandals and tapes out there on Russian basketball, I mean 4 or 5 times this happens in the last few years, finally FIBA decided it was too risky to be associated with it for now.

So they want Greece instead.

That's what the inside source is saying.

Hopefully this is true, because it means Greece, despite all the tons of Russian and Turkish money being poured into FIBA to be the wild cards (not to mention Brazil and China also), got the wild card. And Greece is by far the most deserving, on a basketball basis, by 10 times over, of anyone.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-21-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b1imtf
    Is Nigeria going?
    They were miles from even qualifying, or being considered for a wild card.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ice
    I don't care about the euroleague at all, but i have to admit, pero antic is the truth. Completely outperformed my expectations of him when he came to atlanta

Is it possible for a 30 year old rookie to make it to the rising stars game?
    Olympiacos (Antic's team) team stats the last 2 years. Just so you know, how good the Euroleague really is.

2011-12

http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=E2011

2012-13

http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=E2012

I have watched several Hawks games where the announcers make it sound like he was the star of Olympiacos, leading them to those Euroleague titles. But as you can see, he was a role player, with a similar role as he has with the Hawks.

That's how good the Euroleague is. You need to ignore what all the trolls here say about it.

Banned

I have watched several Hawks games where the announcers make it sound like he was the star of Olympiacos, leading them to those Euroleague titles. But as you can see, he was a role player, with a similar role as he has with the Hawks.

That's how good the Euroleague is. You need to ignore what all the trolls here say about it.
    People would probably respect Euroleague more if you didn't try shove it down our throats like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Then they are doomed.......

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Who cares?? USA, Spain, and France would dominate this competition.

PS

Philippines also qualified in the 2014 FIBA World Cup for the first time since 1972. the 2nd best team in asia after Iran.
    You seem to be the go to source for PBA news. Is Alex Mallory sp? doing any good out there? He was in my grade, and we used to ball at our local 24 until he was drafted. just curious to see how hes holding up out there.

Quote Originally Posted by r0drig0lac
    Just curious friend, you have a link? I wonder if Brazil also got the green card
    I just know about the European wild cards. I am guessing that China and Brazil got the other two without even being challenged. The debate was just for Europe.

I don't think China and Brazil were even debated. They just got them automatically.

So China, Brazil, Greece, Turkey.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-21-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Banned

Who really cares what he does with that though? It's just more NBA only fan fantasy nonsense delusion. He's probably not good enough to make the team, unless they just put him there for learning experience as an 11th-12th man. And he probably won't get playing time in serious games anyway.

It's doubtful he's going to play at all in anything other than minutes in non important games with Spanoulis and Zisis in front of him, and then with the federation's favorite Calathes (who I think is horrible) and then guys like Sloukas, Pappas, and Mantzaris at guard positions. It's unlikely he would make the team even, and if he did, it would be in the 11-12 man role.

Anyway, he actually said that he would for sure 100% play if he was selected. But it does not matter anyway, if he does play, he's probably only getting to play solid minutes in the early games of the tournament against the bad teams.

He's probably not going to be in the 10 man rotation once the actual serious games start, IF he even made the team.
    Man you need to bring in some young talent into your squad, i am from Croatia and i watched last Eurobasket as Greece lost in that game. Spanoulis is good, but not that good anymore, still has some periods where he shows his incredible talent, skill and feel for the game but he also has periods of the game where it's not going so well and without Diamantidis and Papaloukas it's difficult to overcome such periods while he is considered their best player.

I know you hate NBA and their players but why wouldn't you give a chance to such a talented player and probably a rising star. We are giving Saric as much opportunity we can, if Hezonja wasn't injured he'd be on that squad too and yet we still managed to finish 4th. Maybe he is not a starting material as you are trying to prove, Saric didn't start for Croatia aswell even tough he is considere top 15 pick or even higher on the next draft but you shouldn't be so disrespectful towards young players who are future of your national squad.

And i disagree on Calathes :)

All you haters can STFU now. Greece qualified to the 2014 FIBA World Cup, as one of the two wild cards from Europe, along with Turkey.

According to inside info, per FIBA.
    NBA Fan Forum

NBA Fan Forum

NBA Fan Forum

NBA Fan Forum