Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

Default Re: Knicks running the Triangle in summer league

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I kinda wonder if this is more for the coaches. Guys play the triangle for 2 years to get it down. Summer league people are often out of the league in weeks.

Almost feels like doing some of them dirty having them play the triangle. Granted...if one or two show they can grasp it quickly they may have a shot to make the team.

honest to god I do not see why the triangle is SO HARD to get. It really isnt that hard its a read and react system all it does is show you very quickly which guys play like corey maggette ie have trouble moving the ball at the right time

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    What's your projected playoff seeding list look like ?
    Depends on if the Cavs get Love, what happens to Monroe, btw is Lou Will on the raptors now?

Bulls (depends on Rose health)
    Cavs with Love
    Heat (Wade plays 65-70 games)
    Washington
    Raptors with Lou
    Knicks
    Pacers
    Hornets

Cavs with Love might take 20 games to get comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Depends on if the Cavs get Love, what happens to Monroe, btw is Lou Will on the raptors now?

Bulls (depends on Rose health)
    Cavs with Love
    Heat (Wade plays 65-70 games)
    Washington
    Raptors with Lou
    Knicks
    Pacers
    Hornets

Cavs with Love might take 20 games to get comfortable.
    Yes, Lou is a Raptor. So is James Johnson.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Their summer league players are a good ways away in terms of execution.
    Yeah, that's to be expected. I've kind of been fascinated by the offense for years, and if the Knicks do get it down(and I'm really not looking forward to seeing JR in the offense!) it will still take a while and undoubtedly be rough early. The Bulls took quite a while, and the 2000 Lakers were really rough the first couple of months, though a lot of the players did make progress surprisingly fast, which was probably aided by Ron Harper starting at guard for them. During the 2nd half of the season and playoffs, I thought they were doing well with it. For some really nice execution in the offense, watch game 1 of the finals vs Indiana.

Of course, veterans who are set in their ways often have a notoriously difficult time learning the offense. Some never do such as Dennis Hopson, Glen Rice, Isaiah Rider, Mitch Richmond, Lindsey Hunter and Gary Payton.

The video maker speculated that Melo will be spending a good deal of time as the weak-side forward.
    Yeah, this was a thought of mine as well. He could get some space to work, he'll be very effective from that range with the threat of the jab-step or the 18-20 footer, and I'd like to see Melo in the 2 man game. I'm still not sure how Melo will work in the offense because it's really hard to predict, but he has the potential to be very effective in various spots in the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by sick_brah07
    honest to god I do not see why the triangle is SO HARD to get. It really isnt that hard its a read and react system all it does is show you very quickly which guys play like corey maggette ie have trouble moving the ball at the right time
    Some players just have low basketball iq and no amount of work can improve it. Just because you win the genetic lottery does mean that the extra time spend playing the game will help with stuff like this. I'm not an Nna player by far, but no offense is difficult to run. I'm sure I could pick up the triangle in three weeks.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Saw this video posted elsewhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNyKnN9AMIE

Their summer league players are a good ways away in terms of execution. The video maker speculated that Melo will be spending a good deal of time as the weak-side forward.
    Wow, It's more difficult than I thought. I guess those low IQ player of Knicks should better practice this right now

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Warriors were running some triangle in the Summer League as well.

Very good NBA starter

Didn't they have to implement the mercy rule in one of their summer league games? That triangle doing work.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Some players just have low basketball iq and no amount of work can improve it. Just because you win the genetic lottery does mean that the extra time spend playing the game will help with stuff like this. I'm not an Nna player by far, but no offense is difficult to run. I'm sure I could pick up the triangle in three weeks.
    Maybe you can get it fast. But it looks like all team has to get it to make system works, which I'm highly doubt for current Knick's rosters.

7-time NBA All-Star

Speaking of lower IQs, Bargnani and especially Jr Smith are disasters waiting to happen in that offense. I can see JR overdribbling and completely killing the flow then tossing up a a bad outside shot or trying to penetrate at the wrong time. I've liked Amare a lot since his first year with the Knicks, but I don't think it's a great offense for him. Then again, who knows with his greatly improved post game, but he'll have to get better at passing out of the post, and making quicker passes and decisions. Then again, I could also see Amare with some work potentially being pretty good on the weakside.

Personally, I don't think the roster as constructed is particularly good for the offense. I do think there's a good chance Melo can thrive in it, but outside of him, it's very questionable, but I had low expectations for this season regardless. It's going to be a rough year, and really 2015 on is the time to look for anything significant.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Speaking of lower IQs, Bargnani and especially Jr Smith are disasters waiting to happen in that offense. I can see JR overdribbling and completely killing the flow then tossing up a a bad outside shot or trying to penetrate at the wrong time. I've liked Amare a lot since his first year with the Knicks, but I don't think it's a great offense for him. Then again, who knows with his greatly improved post game, but he'll have to get better at passing out of the post, and making quicker passes and decisions. Then again, I could also see Amare with some work potentially being pretty good on the weakside.

Personally, I don't think the roster as constructed is particularly good for the offense. I do think there's a good chance Melo can thrive in it, but outside of him, it's very questionable, but I had low expectations for this season regardless. It's going to be a rough year, and really 2015 on is the time to look for anything significant.
    holy shit youre back

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    holy shit youre back
    Yeah, I was initially gone because my account was accidentally deactivated last summer and wasn't reactivated until a few months ago. But now that's out of the way.

ISH's 1st Embiid Stan AboutBuckets's Avatar

Yeah, I was initially gone because my account was accidentally deactivated last summer and wasn't reactivated until a few months ago. But now that's out of the way.
    Your avy. Hell of a movie.

Calderon is another case of over dribbling. He tends to pound it way too much and doesn't penetrate worth a damn for his entire career. Although, he probably shouldn't be doing that in this offense.

Also, I think the defense (at least semblance) needs to be addressed if the Knicks can make anymore moves or trades. Emeka Okafor is still available and while he missed all of last season, he would be welcome upgrade at center, I would think.

Banned

I hope it works as I consider the Knicks as Lakers-East now. The problem is there are a bunch of boneheads on that team. Melo is cool because he is a vet and highly skilled.

The rest of the guys? Not too sure.

Who is on the roster as of today?