Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Why do I wake up in the middle of the night scared for my life?

I go to bed around 11-12 PM and wake up randomly in the middle of the night and won't move in fear of someone/something is watching me waiting for me to move so it can kill me. It's an intense fear and sometimes I just lay in my bed awake and uncomfortable but fear moving because if I do I will die. And when I do readjust myself I clutch my pillow and hold my breath and wait for me to be killed because it knows. Any idea what the **** is going on in my head?

College superstar

Default Re: Why do I wake up in the middle of the night scared for my life?

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrant 2
    I go to bed around 11-12 PM and wake up randomly in the middle of the night and won't move in fear of someone/something is watching me waiting for me to move so it can kill me. It's an intense fear and sometimes I just lay in my bed awake and uncomfortable but fear moving because if I do I will die. And when I do readjust myself I clutch my pillow and hold my breath and wait for me to be killed because it knows. Any idea what the **** is going on in my head?
    Sounds like you're having night terrors. They are quite common. Go see your Doctor if it starts to really interfere with your sleep.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Thats some weird sht. Never felt this. You could reality check you phone.. i dunno. I guess in the middle of the night things are different, than you would imagine as dealing with it during the day.

Dude you need a vacation. Some change of scenery,and outdoor time so you can feel refreshed and rejuvenated.

Bill Burr said he's psyched himself out at night all throughout his life, so what he started to do was to just flip off the shadow. His reasoning was along the lines of, "no monster's gonna take that shit, so he's definitely coming out. and if he doesn't, he's a pu$$y so why be scared of it?"

Sounds like a night terror. I used to get them, but i would wake up but not be able to move at all...it was like I was still sleeping, but I was aware of everything around me and everything was paralyzed. And you get this extreme panic feeling and you breath heavily until you suddenl wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Sounds like a night terror. I used to get them, but i would wake up but not be able to move at all...it was like I was still sleeping, but I was aware of everything around me and everything was paralyzed. And you get this extreme panic feeling and you breath heavily until you suddenl wake up.
    That's definitely sleep paralysis. I think night terrors are different.

Night Terrors usually happen to children but they should stop at around age 9-10. Did you have a history of them as a child?

Who know what this could be. It could be anything from sleep deprivation and anxiety during the day to paranoid schizophrenia. See a doctor if this keeps happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobr
    That's definitely sleep paralysis. I think night terrors are different.
    This. I used to have this a lot as a kid, not so much now. Very strange feeling indeed.

Also, I'm pretty sure children who get night terrors don't have any memory of them once they're awake.

OP, it's probably just anxiety and maybe some OCD. I had something kind of similar when I was younger. I could only fall asleep laying on one side facing the door. Never could fall asleep with my back towards the door.

Cali Love

do you hallucinate too? If you do you're having sleep paralysis

I had the same thing years ago but marijuana helps with this, It still happens tho once a year or so

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

My cousin had this strange phenomenon. He wakes up in the middle of night but cant move, and he says he can see everything around him. The feeling is like your soul left your body. We managed to find something about that, but I dont remember the exact name of that. Strange things happen to people my man. Hope you will be good.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    My cousin had this strange phenomenon. He wakes up in the middle of night but cant move, and he says he can see everything around him. The feeling is like your soul left your body. We managed to find something about that, but I dont remember the exact name of that. Strange things happen to people my man. Hope you will be good.
    I can remember something like this happening. I was asleep on the top bunk looking up at the ceiling fan, but my body felt like it was where I was looking. Almost like I was looking at my soul next to the ceiling fan, was weird

Pretty sure Ive sleepwalked a few times when i was younger as well

We do weird stuff when we sleep

I once fell asleep on my stomach with both arms tucked under my chest. Woke up and both arms were asleep, couldn't use them to roll over and when I did get rolled over onto my back they were waving all over the place uncontrolled like a spastic.

   

just to get some context, are you claiming to live in "black" pakistan?