Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > WNBA Forum

WNBA Forum WNBA Forum, Women's Basketball Forum - WNBA message board

Old 04-22-2012, 03:14 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Ogwumike taken No. 1 by Sparks in 2012 WNBA draft

The AP reports:

Nnemkadi Ogwumike is excited to be staying in California.

The Stanford senior was picked No. 1 in the WNBA draft by the Los Angeles Sparks on Monday.

''I'm grateful for the L.A. Sparks for picking me,'' Ogwumike said. ''It means a lot and it's one of the highest accolades I've ever received. I'm looking forward to going back to Cali.'' ...

Tennessee guard Shekinna Stricklen went second to the Seattle Storm, who will be without star Lauren Jackson for the first part of the season since she will stay in Australia to train for the London Olympics this summer.

''I was a little surprised,'' Stricklen said. ''It helped when I did a workout with coach Brian (Agler), I had a feeling but wasn't sure.''

Notre Dame post Devereaux Peters went third to the defending champion Minnesota Lynx, who had five of the first 20 picks in the draft. She was surprised she was picked so high, having recovered from two ACL surgeries on her left knee since entering Notre Dame.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ogwumike taken No. 1 by Sparks in 2012 WNBA draft

Good draft all around. Tulsa should have gotten the overall number one pick but oh well. They got a nice player in Glory Johnson. The Mystics added tough as nails Natalie Novosel. Her game has really improved over the last 2-3 years. I can't wait until the season starts in a few weeks.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ogwumike taken No. 1 by Sparks in 2012 WNBA draft

Really excited about this. Come on Sparks! Let's raise another banner at Staples!
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: