Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Assassin's Creed 4 new gameplay

That is some very positive news for me. Is the transition from ship to shore as smooth as they made it sound? As in no loading times?

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    That is some very positive news for me. Is the transition from ship to shore as smooth as they made it sound? As in no loading times?
    I only had a limited opportunity to test that out so far because I just got ownership of the ship and haven't had much of an opportunity to explore but it was very smooth the few times I tried it. Swing on a rope off the ship, dive into the ocean, and swim right on to an island. It has been pretty awesome. The only load times that I have encountered are when you are docking at a major city, which makes sense.

Got it last night and played the hell out of it. You're pretty spot on with your assessment. It really has that AC2 type feel to it in Havana and it helps that the graphics are ridiculous so the colors really pop out at you making the scenery look even more incredible. I've enjoyed it so far and am liking Edward's character. I'm at the point where the pirate from Nassau is training you on how to run your ship etc.

Game says I'm 37% in. I keep getting stuck on some of the tougher sea missions. I was first stuck at the mission where you take on the Man O' War so had to go back and collect some dough to upgrade my hull, now I keep getting killed on the very next mission when you're trying to board the slaver ship. I really suck at the sailing aspect of this game.

The assassins are more or less in the backdrop of the storyline so far. I'm not sure I mind this at all. It makes sense that they wouldn't be very strong in this era. Plus, it would be pretty cheesy if a guy like Edward who is motivated by greed just heard about the creed and went "oh yeah I am sooo an assassin now".

Game says I'm 37% in. I keep getting stuck on some of the tougher sea missions. I was first stuck at the mission where you take on the Man O' War so had to go back and collect some dough to upgrade my hull, now I keep getting killed on the very next mission when you're trying to board the slaver ship. I really suck at the sailing aspect of this game.

The assassins are more or less in the backdrop of the storyline so far. I'm not sure I mind this at all. It makes sense that they wouldn't be very strong in this era. Plus, it would be pretty cheesy if a guy like Edward who is motivated by greed just heard about the creed and went "oh yeah I am sooo an assassin now".
    My PS4 needs to arrive today so I can play this already.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    My PS4 needs to arrive today so I can play this already.
    The game looks amazing on PS3, I can only imagine how good it'll look on PS4. I hope the annoying minor glitches are non-existent for you.

Yeah, and I find that being a greedy pirate like Edward makes searching the map and getting all of the collectibles feel more "natural." I tend to place myself in the reality of the game pretty heavily when I play so exploration doesn't always feel right. For example, I felt like it didn't fit the character of Ezio to run around catching feathers instead of pursuing his father's killer as quickly as possible. Kind of weird but still how I feel when playing these games.

I think I'm like 50%+ finished but I have been doing a lot more side stuff than I normally do. I've tracked down a handful of treasures using the maps, I've collected everything on multiple islands, done a ton of the assassination contracts, etc.

I don't know. In a way it made sense that Ezio felt the need to collect feathers in hopes of getting his mother back to normal. Agreed with the rest though.

I haven't done much of the side stuff yet which is probably why I lack the means to upgrade everything. It's not nearly as easy to get money and other goods in this game as in previous ones IMO. I think I'm going to start making a greater effort to get treasure maps etc.

Holy shit is this game fun. Havana is a fantastic city, I played for two hours just doing everything I could there. Also, it seems like assassination contracts are fun for the first time in 2-3 games. I had a blast trying to do the ones without getting into conflict. But there's one I could not do no matter how hard I tried. Seems to be pretty fun just to sail around and explore as well.

So I'm about 70% in on the main storyline and the Assassins finally become a key player in the story, yet you don't even notice it because of how fun it is so far. Edward's story is really well handled IMO. I've collected the Templar armor and am really close to getting the Assassin's armor, finished all the Templar runs, and I'm only just under 50% overall.

So I'm about 70% in on the main storyline and the Assassins finally become a key player in the story, yet you don't even notice it because of how fun it is so far. Edward's story is really well handled IMO. I've collected the Templar armor and am really close to getting the Assassin's armor, finished all the Templar runs, and I'm only just under 50% overall.
    Yeah, I finished the story and I am only at around 65% overall. I will probably go back and take out all the forts, do all assassination missions, and get the assassins armor at the very minimum.

The story became a little disjointed for me simply because it took me about a month to finish the last quarter of the game. Time commitments from work, the Thanksgiving holiday, and just life in general prevented me from playing for weeks at a time. Still I thought the story came to a really awesome resolution in the end and they leave it open to another game set in England or Europe with Edward as the lead.

I'm like half done with the story? Just got done the diving bell and have been doing those. I got two forts left, but one is ****ing my shit up harder than the stupid naval mission where you have to take out two wanted ships without repairing your own.

Fantastic game. Definitely the refreshing breath of air the franchise needed. I felt like making the assassins in the background and building up Edward as a pirate first was brilliant. Then he doesn't fall in line with the creed immediately, instead he only does shit for them for cash. Fantastic.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Just finished it. What can I say, the story really picked up at the end, and this game had some great great missions, that were supper fun. Not going to spoil anything for you guys.

Edward is awesome character, waaay better than Connor, if you ask me. I really felt him as the story progressed, surprisingly I probably liked him even more than young Ezio, but overall Italian one was more interesting for me.

I would still rate this game below Assasins creed 2 and brotherhood. For me its a tie between 4,1 and Revelations, and better than 3rd.

Im not a fan of naval missions, even tho Im kind of sailor myself as I know all the names and learned a few tricks there and there from my father, but this naval shit was dumbed down to hilarious levels so I just hated the shit out of it.

Oh, and Im a city's person especially the awesome ones in 2 and brotherhood... memories.. and those characters, especially villains... wow.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

bump for others opinions

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    bump for others opinions
    Almost done, will post mine by saturday most likely. I'm gonna have 90% completion by the time I beat the main story for the first time ever. Which is gonna be nice. Normally I finished in the high 70s/low 80s.