Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #91
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What's george bush thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
who said this?

The Masterplan.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #92
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

[quote=Heilige]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX

Pat Buchanan is a racist. Pat has no problem with Fox News and his only real problem with Bush is the immigration issue. You still like him? I agree with Ron Paul though.

Now, tell me what you think a true conservative is? What does a true conservative represent? What are their policies like? How is the bush admin. different from a true conservative?

Did you like Ronald Reagan?
Uhm, FIscal responsibility and less government for two. So no hes not a conservative in the sense it has been used over the last 50 years or so. social conservatism is only a part (and a small part) of it.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #93
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

[quote=boozehound]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
Uhm, FIscal responsibility and less government for two. So no hes not a conservative in the sense it has been used over the last 50 years or so. social conservatism is only a part (and a small part) of it.

How id Bush against less govt? How has he not been fiscally responsible? I mean even if there was no war, you would still feel that way?

What did you think of Ronald Reagan? Barry Goldwater?
Old 05-08-2007, 08:54 PM   #94
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by schyza
I guess your hooked on phonics DVDís were lost in the mail and you donít know how to read my post.
I read it just fine, thanks.

Quote:
You know the one were I responded to you point by point.
Please show me this "post" great one

Quote:
Look we can agree to disagree you are obviously a hard core Liberal Democrat

I'm and hardcore Democrat? Oh god, the stereotypes of hilarious. Anyone that hates Bush's policies, I mean, must be a hardcore liberal. Hate to burst your bubble, but I voted 100% Libertarian on my last election, and have recently registered so. This is considered "conservative" by normal people. But Neo-cons? "He's another wacky liberal!"

Quote:
and Iím an independent but more conservative I guess you could say.

No, you're an independent who has neo-con tendencies.

Quote:
Like out of todayís candidates I like Guliani conservative on some things and pretty liberal on others like abortion and gay marriage. He seems to do what he thinks is the correct thing to do and doesnít care about what people think about him. He has also shown first hand that he can turn something ran bad and turn it into something run good. (NY if I really needed to elaborate) So like I said we have to I guess agree to disagree were probably worlds apart on our political views and would just be beating a dead horse.
I disagree, he seems to be moderate, but not "liberal" on any issues...

Quote:
Oh!!! And by the way no I donít think Iím classy by not resorting to childish name calling. I know I am

You already did it, so this logic fails.

Quote:
Got to be above calling people ignorant especially people you donít know. Doing so only shows your immaturity.

Quote:
You have know idea what my level of knowledge or education is on any given subject. So in calling some on ignorant you show real weakness in your argument:)
Again calling people who disagree with Bush's Policies "conspiracy theorists" shows ignorance. That's fact; Smarten up.
Quote:
Anyways this has been fun and donít think that because we disagree on politics that we canít agree on other things like basketball since this is ISH.

Have a nice one my man.

Thanks you too
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:07 PM   #95
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

This is why nothing ever gets done in this country. To much yappin back and forth only for the sake of yapping back and forth. I swear when something of substance goes down in this country and I turn on the news I can't tell if I'm watching a PTI marathon or real world news. Anyone who thinks that Dems and Reps are supposed to dissagree and proceed to do so is just plain dumb. It gets a little giggle out of me when someone can take what I said and say you must be a dem. I'm not political at all, yet someone accuses me of beign a democrat. I see you aim is off when you do that. Because I'm niether, I'm common sense. No brainwash here. Bush is the president he has been for seven years, he has not been a good president, not a bad persident, but a terrible president to me. But commonm sense tells me that a terrible president is better than no president at all.

But we the people are train in politics to argue even when there's no reason to argue. Everything every persident has ever done someone has argue on his behalf. No matter how dead wrong. And Bush knows this. Even though War on Terror is an oxmoronic statement he knows that someone somewhere is going to say is not. Nobody has ever bought that up though. When people say the war on drugs has been a waste, someone somewhere will say it's working. The government is always in a win win situation.
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:20 AM   #96
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

[quote=Heilige]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound

How id Bush against less govt? How has he not been fiscally responsible? I mean even if there was no war, you would still feel that way?

What did you think of Ronald Reagan? Barry Goldwater?
hes spent more money and expanded the government more than any president in history

never vetoed a single budgetary item. Look it up. He has spent more money than any president in the history of this country and that would probably be true without this bull**** war.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:33 AM   #97
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Clinton is the last one to brief anyone on OBL after him doing nothing after the 93 WTC bombing and the bombings of US embassies around the world. Also, not taking OBL when Sudan offered him.

I'm sure Bush didn't take him as seriously as he should have when he was briefed regarding the matter. Clinton didn't take OBL serious when he was President at all.

Republicans rebuffed Clinton for being so obsessed with Osama bin Laden. When he went after them, they accused him of "wagging the dog". Sure glad Republicans don't put politics above our nation's security like those damn liberals do.

Read Richard Clark's book sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9/11 Commission
The U.S. government was also interested in another individual with disturbing ties to terrorists, a Saudi named Usama Bin Ladin. Bin Ladin was then based in Sudan. Under the influence of the radical Islamist Hassan al Turabi, Sudan had become a safe haven for violent Islamist extremists. By 1995, the U.S. government had connected Bin Ladin to terrorists as an important terrorist financier.

Since 1979 the Secretary of State has had the authority to name State Sponsors of Terrorism, subjecting such countries to significant economic sanctions. Sudan was so designated in 1993. In February 1996, for security reasons, U.S. diplomats left Khartoum. International pressure further increased as the regime failed to hand over three individuals involved in a 1995 attempt to assassinate Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak. The United Nations Security Council imposed sanctions on the regime.

Diplomacy had an effect. In exchanges beginning in February 1996, Sudanese officials began approaching U.S. officials, asking what they could do to ease the pressure. During the winter and spring of 1996, Sudanís defense minister visited Washington and had a series of meetings with representatives of the U.S. government. To test Sudanís willingness to cooperate on terrorism the United States presented eight demands to their Sudanese contact. The one that concerned Bin Ladin was a request for intelligence information about Bin Ladinís contacts in Sudan.

These contacts with Sudan, which went on for years, have become a source of controversy. Former Sudanese officials claim that Sudan offered to expel Bin Ladin to the United States. Clinton administration officials deny ever receiving such an offer. We have not found any reliable evidence to support the Sudanese claim.

http://www.9-11commission.gov/staff_...tatement_5.pdf

Just curious.. do you listen Sean Hannity?
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:26 PM   #98
Heilige
An Icon Forever

[quote=boozehound]
Quote:
hes spent more money and expanded the government more than any president in history

never vetoed a single budgetary item. Look it up. He has spent more money than any president in the history of this country and that would probably be true without this bull**** war.

If that's true why are some liberals complaining and saying Bush is underfunding the No Child Left Behind Act? My mom thinks he is.

Also, did you like Reagan? Was he a true conservative?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:41 PM   #99
Heilige
An Icon Forever

[quote=boozehound]
Quote:

So the last true conservative was over 50 yrs. ago? No Reagan? Could you please name who you think is a true conservative?
Old 05-09-2007, 03:41 PM   #100
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
If that's true why are some liberals complaining and saying Bush is underfunding the No Child Left Behind Act? My mom thinks he is.

Also, did you like Reagan? Was he a true conservative?

Because some liberals are morons and instead should be complaining about the program itself, not its lack of funding.

Reagan was an a-hole. I hate the ejaculation fest Republicans have when talking about him, like he was the greatest man in the history of the world. I suppose if I was rich and became even richer when he was president, I might share the same sentiments. However, for the average man to think Reagan was anything good for them is just downright ridiculous.

My dad had to work 2-3 jobs during the "golden era" of the Reagan/Bush years. YEAH BABY. TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS!

And according to some Republicans I've talked to, the economic boom in the Clinton years was actually the result of Reagan/Bush's policies. :
Old 05-09-2007, 03:44 PM   #101
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Because some liberals are morons and instead should be complaining about the program itself, not its lack of funding.

Reagan was an a-hole. I hate the ejaculation fest Republicans have when talking about him, like he was the greatest man in the history of the world. I suppose if I was rich and became even richer when he was president, I might share the same sentiments. However, for the average man to think Reagan was anything good for them is just downright ridiculous.

My dad had to work 2-3 jobs during the "golden era" of the Reagan/Bush years. YEAH BABY. TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS!

And according to some Republicans I've talked to, the economic boom in the Clinton years was actually the result of Reagan/Bush's policies. :

But was it true; was NCLB really underfunded?

In your opinion, who are true conservatives?

Also, for those who think Bush truly is evil do you agree? Or do you think they are going overboard by saying that. One of my friends thinks he is evil and can't even stand looking at him at all on TV without getting sick.

Last edited by Heilige : 05-09-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:27 PM   #102
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Quote:
But was it true; was NCLB really underfunded?

It was "underfunded", but most school programs are.

Quote:
In your opinion, who are true conservatives?

I'm not going to debate what a "true" or "fake" conservative is, but I think I can say safely say that a neo-conservative is NOT a "true" conservative. I would consider someone like Pat Buchanan to be a "true" conservative.

Quote:
Also, for those who think Bush truly is evil do you agree? Or do you think they are going overboard by saying that. One of my friends thinks he is evil and can't even stand looking at him at all on TV without getting sick.

I don't know if any person is "evil", but I'd say he commits a lot of "evil" acts. I can't stand looking at Bush either. There's a big difference between getting a blow job in private and misleading your country to war, and then thoroughly mismanaging that war.

I disagree with Clinton on a few economic issues and foreign policy, but I can't really think of anything he did that would spark incredible outrage among the American populace.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #103
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Lakerz_Forever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
Probably "he'd look nice in camouflage".

: : : : : dude that's great!
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:59 PM   #104
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
It was "underfunded", but most school programs are.

I'm not going to debate what a "true" or "fake" conservative is, but I think I can say safely say that a neo-conservative is NOT a "true" conservative. I would consider someone like Pat Buchanan to be a "true" conservative.

I don't know if any person is "evil", but I'd say he commits a lot of "evil" acts. I can't stand looking at Bush either. There's a big difference between getting a blow job in private and misleading your country to war, and then thoroughly mismanaging that war.

I disagree with Clinton on a few economic issues and foreign policy, but I can't really think of anything he did that would spark incredible outrage among the American populace.

Do you think it is inherently wrong if someone is a neo-conservative? What is the difference between a neo-conservative and conservative?
Old 05-10-2007, 12:48 AM   #105
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Do you want to have a debate or do you want to ask questions? Are you being serious with your questions? Do you want me to spend time "proving" I know the terms I use? Should I start asking you 100 questions? Why didn't you ever respond when I proved your "Clinton rejected Sudan OBL offer" to be patently false? Don't you think you should admit you were wrong for that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservative

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservatives

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleoconservatives

Knock yourself out.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: