Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Does this prove how overrated Kyrie and Love are?

Love also can't run the floor that well. Nor can you run P&R with him as a slasher to the basket. His talents as a "big" are just too odd for me. You really need to cater your game to fit his talents.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    What I'm saying is you can't run your offense through him in the post. He has a few moves here and there but that's it.

He's a guy I wouldn't want on my team. His talents are just odd. Can't protect the rim nor can you run your offense through him. He is a spot up shooter right now and occasional post up player. I would much rather have Tristan, given this Cavs roster.
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Minnesota DID run their offense through him and posted one of the best +/- differentials in the league when he was on the court. Cavs also had one of the best +/- after the trades, and all of their lineups included klove + lebron.

Rim protection is literally the only flaw I can think of in his game. Team defense improves with familiarity.

I would most definitely throw the supermax at klove this offseason, however I can see your point in his (wide-ranging) talents being marginalized playing next to lebron. I conceed that TT on his rookie contract > klove maxed out, from a net impact/$$ POV. However, max klove >>> max (or anyting above 10m/year) TT.

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Minnesota DID run their offense through him and posted one of the best +/- differentials in the league when he was on the court. Cavs also had one of the best +/- after the trades, and all of their lineups included klove + lebron.

Rim protection is literally the only flaw I can think of in his game. Team defense improves with familiarity.

I would most definitely throw the supermax at klove this offseason, however I can see your point in his (wide-ranging) talents being marginalized playing next to lebron. I conceed that TT on his rookie contract > klove maxed out, from a net impact/$$ POV. However, max klove >>> max (or anyting above 10m/year) TT.
    I meant the specific ability to operate out of the post. No doubt he was "the man" in Minn but he did other things like shoot a bunch of 3s. He wasn't the classic, back to the basket big.

Yeah, I would have to disagree on this one. I would much rather take TT for about 10 mil per year versus Love at max. To me, Love is a guy I just don't want on my team for max money. His talents are just too odd. I would have to cater my roster and game plan around his talents instead of his talents fitting my scheme. A guy like TT can fit in almost any scheme.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Love is incredibly overrated for this team.. Cavs need defense to win and love can't play it.. Thompson is way way better. Kyrie isn't overrated but fk.. Delly plays the game a type of way that just frustrates stars. He does that stand in your way chest to chest and keep body ing you thing til they get frustrated.. like an oline man or something. Idk why they don't just goon that guy

cavs sneaked out a win by 2 in ot with curry missing all his shots and lefggt going nuts shooting 2463463563 shots and making 10 .. warrior's got this
    Last edited by dude77; 06-09-2015 at 01:37 PM.

I heard on the radio Lebron shot 4-22 in the second half...

Is that true?

And they still won?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    I heard on the radio Lebron shot 4-22 in the second half...

Is that true?

And they still won?
    He was bricking everything to end the game.. got monster stuffed by Draymond in a OT too but alas cavs get another offensive rebound and a "scrub roleplayer" hit a pair of GW Fts

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    I meant the specific ability to operate out of the post. No doubt he was "the man" in Minn but he did other things like shoot a bunch of 3s. He wasn't the classic, back to the basket big.

Yeah, I would have to disagree on this one. I would much rather take TT for about 10 mil per year versus Love at max. To me, Love is a guy I just don't want on my team for max money. His talents are just too odd. I would have to cater my roster and game plan around his talents instead of his talents fitting my scheme. A guy like TT can fit in almost any scheme.

Actually, TT at 10m vs love at 20m is a good debate. TT is certainly making an extremely strong case in the finals with the way the cavs are playing.

However, at the end of the day, I believe klove offers more versatility and better top-end talent/ceiling. TT is more of a glue/fit guy like you said. He is great at doing what he does in the current cavs system. Adding a 3rd star like klove changes your entire team and to me, that is worth an extra 10m/year for the cavs.

It proves how stacked this team really is. 2 of the best players on the cavs don't even have to touch the floor and they're still giving a 67 win team fits.

What other team in the league could do this?

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat

Actually, TT at 10m vs love at 20m is a good debate. TT is certainly making an extremely strong case in the finals with the way the cavs are playing.

However, at the end of the day, I believe klove offers more versatility and better top-end talent/ceiling. TT is more of a glue/fit guy like you said. He is great at doing what he does in the current cavs system. Adding a 3rd star like klove changes your entire team and to me, that is worth an extra 10m/year for the cavs.
    Yeah, TT is more of a glue guy but I think every great team needs one of those guys. Someone who does the dirty work and goes after every loose ball. The guy is a monster on the offensive boards. He's impacting the series immensely not only with his rebounds but with the many balls he keeps alive by tipping missed shots to his teammates. That doesn't show up on the box score but it's the same as forcing a turnover, generating a steal or grabbing a board. That's an extra possession.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Curry having the worst game of the year for him certainly worked in Cavs favor too. Yes, Delly did well on him, but Curry also was missing open shots that are nearly automatic for him.

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid

Nuff said

It shows that Lebron will not give up when chips are stacked. How well he manages his team and what impact he still has on the floor. ]Other superstars will try and outchuck their way to a win or flat out give up]
    I think this is an example where give credit where it's due.

And to go back to what OP posted, who knows? It could very well be the opposite and the Cavs could have a commanding lead? we will never know. It's good to look at the glass half full as well as half empty..
    Lebron HAS ben chucking. What is he averaging 36 shots a game?

Hes been pretty inefficient as well with a TS percentage below .500

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    It proves how stacked this team really is. 2 of the best players on the cavs don't even have to touch the floor and they're still giving a 67 win team fits.

What other team in the league could do this?
    Any team with lebron on it..

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Any team with lebron on it..
    yep, that retarded kobe stan doesnt even realize hes praising lebron lol

cavs need to trade both for better guys as lebron has reached the point where he can carry scrubs instead of it being the other way around in his previous seasons