Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Hawthorne Police Arrest Photographer and Kill His Dog (NSFW)

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    To some people their pet are their children. You don't have to agree with that but it's the truth.
    I am a dog person, but that shouldn't matter under the law.

To some people the inanimate objects are super important, it's irrelevant under the law. Humans>>>Dogs under the law.

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
    Well, I didn't see the cops shoot a dog that was simply walking on the street or even just barking at them. I saw a dog trying to attack cops that were detaining the idiot who wasn't careful enough to prevent this incident from escalating.

I agree, cops are scum and they have done a lot of ****ed up shit recently but this incident is not one of them. I do agree that the cop could have simply tazzed the dog or tried to restrain it I guess, but at the same time he was just protecting himself. You guys are acting like the cop came to the car opened the door and shot the dog for no reason.

Did the dog not try to attack the cops while they were doing their job?
    How the hell can you blame the cop in this situation and not the owner is beyond me. You can say it was excessive and I'd agree but I don't think it's unnecessary. Cop was protecting himself and they never asked that idiot to provoke them. They didn't even pay attention to him until he started to instigate them further.
    You said earlier that they didnt kill the dog on purpose. Clearly they did since they shot at it 4+times. Or maybe it was accidental?

and also even if the dog tried to attack lets not act like 5+ police officers couldnt stop it with tazers, pepper spray or batons. Or even let the owner take care of it. They clearly were trigger happy and saw no problem whatsoever with killing it. Bunch of pu$$ies deserve to get a beatdown when they are off duty.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Yeah but they guy kind of bought it on himself. Who when they see armed robbers barricade themselves in their victims house and surrounded by cops drives close to the cops and blares loud music at them. Then gets out and asks the cops about the lack of diversity (a legitimate question almost any other time). Then he refuses to leave or turn down his music. I am sorry I dont think a reasonable person does that, in that situation.
    None of that is an excuse for the cops killing the dog.. Detain the guy and either have him calm the dog, or tase it...

Blowing the dog away is just a dumb thing to do, and you cant really blame the owner for what the cop did..

To me, it silly to try and take all the responsibility away from the person who actually killed the dog... The owner didnt shoot the dog, the cop did. He didnt have to do that. Like I said, cops do the same sh*t when it comes to people too. This is just another example of it.. They tase women & children, shoot unarmed homeless people, and you can usually find some people who will try to defend their behavior..

I know people who are cops, they aren't superhuman mixed martial artists who can handle anything. Die hard/Super Cop/Lethal weapon/etc are just movies. Cops get scared all the time, they are human. When confronting armed robbers they are going to be super tense no matter what (you would be too). Also cops don't want to get bitten by a rottweiler. If that bit hits nerves/tendons, it could change a persons life.
    I know some cops too.. Alot of them are good people, But I also know their mentality.. The authority they have sometimes goes to their heads and they do things without thinking them through totally.. People (and in this case a dog) suffer for the bad decisions cops make and people shouldnt make excuses for cops when they make bad decisions. Their job is to handle these situations professionally, especially since people can die or be killed if they dont.

Nothing wrong with detaining and arresting the owner, but killing the dog was uncalled for.. cant blame the owner because the cop shot his dog... He didnt sicc the dog on the cops.. Cop just took the easy way out and killed it

There are lots of cases where cops behave unreasonably (Eg that cop in that beat a latino kid for saying he needed a warrant to enter his car), this wasn't one of them.

Agree to disagree.. I think this is just another example of a cop blasting away and not being more prudent with his power.. This is why people dont respect the police.
    Last edited by Rasheed1; 07-04-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

seriously fckin terrible that the dog pays for his dumb owners mistake.

The police asks the dude to turn down his music because they are in the middle of a standoff and this @sshole leaves the music on and starts taking pictures.

Then we find out this idiot has a lawsuit against the police department already. So obviously his intention was to make a scene then he was hoping the police would rough him up since there were cameras everywhere. He wanted to use that moment to try to win a lawsuit but instead he lost his dog and looks like an absolute moron.

The dog never deserved to die and yes a taser would have been better.

Fck his owner.

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    i've never had a pet, not a dog person at all, but f*ck every one who is giving the blame to the owner in this thread. i dont what kind of world you live in, but this whole "if he wasnt there, his dog wouldn't have been shot" mentality is retarded.

keep making excuses for trigger happy cops like they don't reside in your area, what a bunch of f*ck tards. its getting so bad out here, n*ggas are going to have to buy bulletproof vests for their dogs man.. god damn.

What's next? Cops letting off a clip into someone's fish tank?

fact is they are trained to handle pressure packed situations, yet they are blasting away dogs when they could have just had the owner calm down and restrain his own pet?
    how can you defend the owner? that moron didn't listen to the police when they told him to turn the music down. HE was there to cause a scene because he had a lawsuit pending already against the police department.

his intentions are so clear. Stop being a jackass and defending the moron.

Honestly it looked justified. I love animals and I don't like the harm of any. We have to be human sometime and maybe it was the officers gut response to that dog, nothing more. It's wrong but what can we do? Perhaps a taser would be better but instant reaction and fear could of caused a gunshot. Idk what more to say.
    Last edited by Draz; 07-04-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

There are a lot of mentally unstable people in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by WWRWestbrookDo?
    how can you defend the owner? that moron didn't listen to the police when they told him to turn the music down. HE was there to cause a scene because he had a lawsuit pending already against the police department.

his intentions are so clear. Stop being a jackass and defending the moron.
    If his intentions are so clear to an idiot like you, who wasn't there to begin with, how did the cops STILL fall for it? Obviously there is a problem with these cops.

If his intentions are so clear to an idiot like you, who wasn't there to begin with, how did the cops STILL fall for it? Obviously there is a problem with these cops.
    When there's a SWAT team and about a dozen cop cars (cops with MP-5's and shit) you don't mess with them. Just imagine if your loved one was involved in the hostage situation.

The guy was trying to be a little bitch. There were a butt load of other people around the scene, who were recording. Yet, the dumbass (guy in the video) decides to move about as close to the scene as possible. That's why he got detained. He doesn't even have the common sense to raise the windows. Grade A dumbass. Hope people like him don't pollute the gene pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Blue
    Again, there were so many other ways, some that you listed that this could have been handled. I don't blame the cop if he just got scared shitless and he regrets it and gets suspended, but for people to say its "Justified" wtf lol.

That's like saying we should all pack some heat, next time we go to pet a dog and it barks at us, just pump it full of bullets. Not even shoot a warning shot, just put it out its misery for defending itself. It's self defense for us and its justified. That dog shouldn't be mean and should be more understanding of my intentions.

Holy **** there's some dumbasses on this forum lol.
    I should've picked a better word than justified, but you get the point. That's why I said the cop holds some of the blame, but not all. He could've handled it a lot better than just shoot the dog. Still, the owner could've prevented everything from happening if we wasn't being an idiot. That's what most people(specifically on Facebook and other social media sites) don't see.

Banned

not surprising to find you in this thread behaving like a racist moron.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    When there's a SWAT team and about a dozen cop cars (cops with MP-5's and shit) you don't mess with them. Just imagine if your loved one was involved in the hostage situation.

The guy was trying to be a little bitch. There were a butt load of other people around the scene, who were recording. Yet, the dumbass (guy in the video) decides to move about as close to the scene as possible. That's why he got detained. He doesn't even have the common sense to raise the windows. Grade A dumbass. Hope people like him don't pollute the gene pool.
    Was it a hostage situation?

I heard the armed robbers barricaded themselves in the victims house, but were the victims still in there?

If it was a hostage situation thats even worse, what Leon Rosby did.

Cops do plenty of things wrong, Eg. stop and frisk, trying to get there "stats up" with drug convictions, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0atL1HSwi8

The house I live in talks about this.

Nothing the cops did in this situation was unreasonable or wrong.
    Rosby deserved to be arrested for his actions. That is a critical situation where lives are at risk and he decides to make the situation worse. Everybody else was standing much further back and videotaping it. He was the only civilian that inserted himself into the situation. After refusing to turn down his music and go away he deserves to be arrested in that situation (which was an armed robbery stand off).

His dog attacks the police officer arresting him, understandable since his dog probably thought his owner was being attacked and wanted to help. The police officers react to a rottweiler about to bite him and shoots the rottweiler. Personally I think this was the wrong action, but its understandable.

Rosby was the only person that behaved unreasonably and beyond comprehension. Who goes up to police officers during an armed standoff with robbers and blares music, at them refusing to turn down the music, and criticising them for a lack of racial diversity? Who in that situation behaves that way? I am being generous to Rosby in saying the cop was 30% at fault.

Looks like Mr. Rosby has been busy.

[I]POSTED: 08/13/13, 1:24 PM PDT |
    The owner of a Rottweiler that was fatally shot by Hawthorne police, prompting protests and threats against the department when a video of the shooting was circulated online, was expected to be arraigned Tuesday on a series of felonies, including dissuading a witness and making criminal threats.

Leon Cordell Rosby, 52, was charged Friday with two felony counts each of dissuading a witness from prosecuting a crime, intimidation of a witness and making criminal threats, along with one misdemeanor count of resisting arrest.

Rosby was expected to surrender for arraignment sometime Tuesday at the Airport Branch Courthouse, according to the District Attorney

Banned

[QUOTE=daily]Looks like Mr. Rosby has been busy.

[I]POSTED: 08/13/13, 1:24 PM PDT |
    The owner of a Rottweiler that was fatally shot by Hawthorne police, prompting protests and threats against the department when a video of the shooting was circulated online, was expected to be arraigned Tuesday on a series of felonies, including dissuading a witness and making criminal threats.

Leon Cordell Rosby, 52, was charged Friday with two felony counts each of dissuading a witness from prosecuting a crime, intimidation of a witness and making criminal threats, along with one misdemeanor count of resisting arrest.

Rosby was expected to surrender for arraignment sometime Tuesday at the Airport Branch Courthouse, according to the District Attorney

that was disgusting