Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-10-2017, 02:26 PM   #31
iznogood
Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: The Lakers are 1-0 since Magic said he would mentor Lonzo Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
My god. This retard is actually saying "WHATS THE POINT OF THE GREATEST PG OF ALL TIME TALKING TO HIM"?

Ingram credit Magic with his transformation post all star break. LETS BELIEVE THE RETARD ON ISH!!!!

Godamn retard. Stfu already.
Noz zica Srebrenica.
iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 03:01 PM   #32
Overdrive
National High School Star

He needs Holger Geschwindner not Magic.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 03:05 PM   #33
Yamers
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by iznogood
Noz zica Srebrenica.

i dont think airtupac speaks bosnian
Yamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:29 PM   #34
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
Lakers fans celebrating back to back wins, this is what they have stooped down to

Summer League > Scrimmage Champion without taking a shot > Two games.

qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #35
bladefd
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
You're the simpleton here, buddy.

First of all, great players are rarely great at coaching. Players like Magic are so ridiculously talented that they often don't understand that not everybody has the same level of talent that they had. Especially Magic looks like a guy that doesn't have enough patience to be daily involved with something like this.

Not only that but he's only putting more pressure on Lonzo because if it so happens that Lonzo' doesn't make a visible improvement right away idiots like you will think he's even a bigger bust. "How can this guy not be good with the help of the great Magic Johnson?"

As for helping him on the court, yes, I don't think Magic's involvement can radicaly improve Lonzo's performance. Lonzo already reads the game like a seasoned vet. If this was sort of unexperienced young player with no feeling for the game like Mudiay or Lavine than I'm sure Magic's advice could be of great help.

What Lonzo needs to do is improve his stregth and conditioning, his handles and his shooting. I think he's able to do that, but he needs his time and Magic of all people should not act like an idiot and put him under more pressure. If he really wants to get involved he should simply do it and not make a thing out of it.

Few things they can work on:

-Magic had great fundamentals so he can show Lonzo what he did to improve his fundamentals. Magic wasn't born that good at basketball out of the womb, but worked at it. He had great coaches as well showing him the art - I'm sure Magic remembers quite a bit

-It can be a confidence boost working with someone Lonzo highly respects. Every Lakers fan looks up to Magic

-Magic wasn't a good shooter either early on just like Lonzo but he could still put up points consistently in other ways. He can work with Lonzo on layups in different situations, off the glass shots, etc to bring up Lonzo's fg% and ability to score in the paint. Magic was very good at that. Imagine Lonzo adding some post moves to his game - he has the size to add some sort of post game with his back to the basket

-Lonzo has Magic-level court vision and passing skills, which is actually fairly rare on that level if you think about it. Nobody who coaches from that Lakers team or Lonzo's college coaches can say the same or has experienced that level of court vision. I'm sure Magic has some advice he can provide Lonzo for maximizing his strengths.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:47 PM   #36
AirBonner
LeBratwurst

Poor man's Rondo.
AirBonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:53 PM   #37
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

They were 1-0 the game before.
bigkingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:28 PM   #38
Yamers
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBonner
Poor man's Rondo.

taller rubio
Yamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:50 PM   #39
TheCalmInsanity
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbugz
Classic AirTupac.

Dude believed that 1 game will predict the outcome or summarizes a player career

This is beyond stup!d already. I'm now starting to believe the other poster about you being Jeff or you're a paid troll, paid to create stupid threads as a click bait.

that, or you really don't have life at all.

Sad life.

Yeah I called it.

The dude has been ducking me for a week now because he said Murray's a scrub and his 3pt% is worse than Ball's. A poster immediately pulled up the stats, and Murray's was better. He obviously ducked it for the rest of the thread and won't answer anywhere.

If he was a normal non-troll, he would have said something like "oh my bad" or "eh close enough" instead of ducking it for a week
TheCalmInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:58 PM   #40
iznogood
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd

-Magic had great fundamentals so he can show Lonzo what he did to improve his fundamentals. Magic wasn't born that good at basketball out of the womb, but worked at it. He had great coaches as well showing him the art - I'm sure Magic remembers quite a bit

-It can be a confidence boost working with someone Lonzo highly respects. Every Lakers fan looks up to Magic

-Magic wasn't a good shooter either early on just like Lonzo but he could still put up points consistently in other ways. He can work with Lonzo on layups in different situations, off the glass shots, etc to bring up Lonzo's fg% and ability to score in the paint. Magic was very good at that. Imagine Lonzo adding some post moves to his game - he has the size to add some sort of post game with his back to the basket

-Lonzo has Magic-level court vision and passing skills, which is actually fairly rare on that level if you think about it. Nobody who coaches from that Lakers team or Lonzo's college coaches can say the same or has experienced that level of court vision. I'm sure Magic has some advice he can provide Lonzo for maximizing his strengths.
I agree Magic could maybe find a way to boost his confidence, itís what I stated in my first post. Still I think it was a bad idea to announce this publicly as it will put Lonzo under more pressure.

Your last paragraph I generally agree with, but Iím not sure if itís going to bring major improvement. The best way for Lonzo to maximise his strengths and strengths of his teammates is by becoming a better scorer. Once the defense has to guard him the floor will open up.

What fundamentals specifically are you referring to in your first paragraph? I agree thereís a lot of stuff that Lonzo should improve, but if weíre talking technical things like how to execute specific stuff with the basketball again I could imagine that the Lakers have great skill development coaches that are helping Lonzo. If Iíd have to guess Iíd say that everybody is already trying to tell Lonzo how to do this and that and how to shoot and we all know how too many cooks can sometimes spoil the broth. Also Magic was 6í9Ē with elite athleticism. What worked for Magic will not necessarily work for Lonzo, especially around the basket.

Regarding posting up, I saw Lonzo posting up in the summer league and he didnít look uncomfortable doing it. The problem in my opinion is that heís not strong enough at the moment to get a good position close to the basket or back down the defenders. I donít think the height advantage really matters right now because a lot of guys he faces are strong enough to prevent him from getting deep position and heís not looking to turn around and shoot over them.

As for layups - I donít think Lonzo has a bad touch around the rim. I think a lot of it has to do with him not being used to the amount of contact, not being able to absorb the contact and still have enough strength to finish and also him spending more energy on the defense than he was used to so I think itís a conditioning issue as well. I think his finishing around the basket will improve once he improves his strength and conditioning.

There are some footwork issues after he gathers the ball on his drives (sometimes taking off from the ďwrongĒ foot, but nowadays a lot of players have this type of finish in their regular repertoire), but mainly he needs to learn how to gather his dribble closer to the basket which is going to be hard with the defenses collapsing and letting him shoot.

I do think his floater mechanics are not good tho (the push shot, not the underhand), but itís not a shot that Magic had in his repertoire.
iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:15 PM   #41
AirTupac
Magic and Rob Dream

Quote:
Noz zica Srebrenica.

Further proving how much of a rat you are just like serbians

Classic rat brain mentality. Thats why your people are regarded as subhuman.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:16 PM   #42
AirTupac
Magic and Rob Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd

The guy had the audacity to say "What the fk is Magic gonna do". That alone illustrates how stupid this poor kid is. What an idiot
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:33 AM   #43
ImKobe
From the words of Zeus

Lonzo better have an improved shooting form going into next season, that's honestly the only real thing about him that needs fixing, if he could shoot better he would already be an elite point guard as he does most other things well.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:29 AM   #44
RealSkipBayless
Averaging 1.4 ppg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
Lonzo better have an improved shooting form going into next season, that's honestly the only real thing about him that needs fixing, if he could shoot better he would already be an elite point guard as he does most other things well.
Lonzo already got prime D Wade level defense. Extremely high basketball IQ with all-time great passing. Above average rebounding. Once he gets his shot worked out?
RealSkipBayless is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: