Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: "Rape Crew" in small town Ohio

I didn't know it was possible for me to hate almost an entire town of people.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Yikes. Has this been posted yet?

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...pe-crew/60554/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=W1oahqCzwcY

Too much to gather. Check the first link.

For a more comprehensive summary...
    http://localleaks.blogs.ru/
    Damn that sucks for the girl. All of these kids slipped, being stupid enough to put this shit online is going to haunt them for a damn long time.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I didn't know it was possible for me to hate almost an entire town of people.
    And it shouldn't be. Unless you hate 99.9% of people with absolutely no involvement in any crime. Don't believe everything you read.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 01-04-2013 at 03:11 PM.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

only in Texas...

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    And it shouldn't be. Unless you hate 99.9% of people with absolutely no involvement in any crime. Don't believe everything you read.
    It definitely seems like some of the adults in the articles at least know what is going on and aren't doing jack shit. I agree with you that it could be a bit exaggerated, but no chance in hell they aren't keeping it this quiet without help.

National High School Star

She went alone to a house that was full of nikkas?

She's asking to get a train ran on her.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
    It definitely seems like some of the adults in the articles at least know what is going on and aren't doing jack shit. I agree with you that it could be a bit exaggerated, but no chance in hell they aren't keeping it this quiet without help.
    Aren't keeping what quiet? If people are trying to keep something quiet, they have failed miserably (from the very start). Please be more specific. Which adults in these "articles" (I use quotations because that is an insult to my profession) appear to know more than they are saying?

RBA doing work

Good posts

Aren't keeping what quiet? If people are trying to keep something quiet, they have failed miserably (from the very start). Please be more specific. Which adults in these "articles" (I use quotations because that is an insult to my profession) appear to know more than they are saying?
    Namely the sheriff and prosecuting attorney (Fred Abdalla and Jane Hanlin). The video with Abdalla where he gave several misinformed statements about the law and a couple instances with Hanlin are super sketchy.

Yes, they are trying and are failing miserably.

Yes, they are trying and are failing miserably.
    Who is? Specifics. I can't respond to just general accusations. That has been the tactic of these reckless reports... Just make the accusations general enough that they don't require real evidence.

Who is? Specifics. I can't respond to just general accusations.
    See other post. Sheriff and prosecuting attorney Hanlin.

But, I know most of the coaching staff and some others who have been implicated in this thing and there is zero proof of any wrongdoing. Reno Saccoccia is one of the greatest people I have ever known... He is like a second father to me and he has always been one of the most morally sound individuals I have ever known. It really rips my heart out that he is being portrayed in such a vicious light. He doesn't deserve it, nor does the city deserve to be painted as an accomplice to the alleged crimes of a handful of idiot teenagers.
    I agree with you about the coach. All the article does is bash him without providing a lick of evidence against him. Very sloppy journalism and extremely unfair to him and his coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    only in Texas...

Namely the sheriff and prosecuting attorney (Fred Abdalla and Jane Hanlin). The video with Abdalla where he gave several misinformed statements about the law and a couple instances with Hanlin are super sketchy.
    Hanlin did absolutely the correct thing. Her son attends the school and several of his friends were at this party where the alleged crimes took place. Therefore, she recused herself from situation and called in the state to take over. That was exactly the protocol which should have been followed.

I don't know exactly the statements you are referring to with Abdalla, so I can't respond directly to what you are accusing him of. However, I would never insinuate that Sheriff Fred is the sharpest tool in the shed, but it is a pretty massive leap to go from there to "he is involved in a massive, city-wide cover-up."

Especially since the kids were arrested immediately when the girl went to the cops. The big issue came because the girl waited three days between the alleged incident and her going to the police. Obviously, there is always going to be the chance of evidence lost when there is a 72-hour period between the incident and the reporting of it.

I have yet to see a single, coherent description of exactly what was covered up. The people prosecuting the case are not from the area and they haven't even insinuated that such a cover-up is even suspected. This is all through shady online bloggers with zero evidence.