Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain would average "25 and 15, EASY"

[QUOTE=Round Mound]

[B]Barkley was 6`4 3/4 or 1,95 mt same as Jordan. Still people don`t believe it after so many years?

PEOPLE CHECK OUT THE GAMES 1st and Compare Him To Other Players like that of Thunder Dan, Mark Aguirre or Chris Mullin who where Legit 6

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    You try way too hard to midgetize him, just stop it.

And there's another factor as well, Barkley had a small head and tiny neck, a guy can be taller than Barkley but still have no edge because having a big head or long neck doesn't give you any advantage. Barkley had the body of a 6'6 guy, EASILY.

And I guess that mugshot was WAY off? I'm also talking about height in shoes.
    Yes Millwad the mug shot (specifically, the chart behind him) was very likely way off.

I have another measurement of his. He was measured 6-4.63 (6-4 5/8ths) in 1992 for the Olympics w/o shoes - at the same time Jordan measured 6-4.88 (6-4 7/8ths). There is no midgetizing going on, that's just how tall he was. He was measured multiple times from college to the pros and every time is roughly in the 6-4 and 3/4 range (same goes for MJ). If there's one thing I can contribute well to this site it's the legitimate measurements of players past and present. Barkely was definitely never more than 6-5 w/o shoes. He was built like a tank though, with a range of 252 (trim) - 286 (fat) he's one of the heaviest players to ever play with a sub 6-6 barefoot height that I'm aware of and it was concentrated where it counts in his legs and core.

**EDIT** you're right about the neck/head observation though. His shoulders (and thus, standing reach / body mass / etc) would probably be that expected of a player an inch or two taller. A similar effect goes on with a guy like Dwight Howard who is technically shorter than a player like Chris Bosh... but has a much longer reach and much more massive frame.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 08-24-2012 at 04:24 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

I would ask... what do you think a PRIME Kareem could average in today's era? Also, what would Hakeem average in today's NBA?

Why? Because we KNOW that a 38-39 year old Kareem was AVERAGING 32 ppg on .630 shooting in TEN STRAIGHT GAMES against Hakeem in the mid-80's, including THREE games of 40+. Hell, a 39 year old Kareem outscored Ewing in one game, 40-9 (while outshooting him, 15-22 to 3-17.)

Then, think about this...

Career 60 point games: Everyone else whoever played in the NBA...combined: 30 (MJ and Kobe with five each)

Wilt? 32

Career 70 point games: The rest of the entire NBA in it's history: 4 (one each by Kobe, Baylor, Thompson, and Robinson)

Wilt... SIX

Career 30-30 games:

Aside from Chamberlain, there have been 36 30-30 games in NBA history, and Russell is the leader of that group, with 7 (Bellamy and Thurmond are next with 3 each.)

How about Wilt? 132.

40-30 (or 30-40) games: Other than Wilt, the NBA has had 9 40-30 games, with Baylor being the only player to have 2.

Chamberlain? 73

50-30 games: Pettit and Baylor each with 1

Wilt? 32

60-20 games: Aside from Wilt, there have been four (Baylor with 3 and Shaq with 1)

Chamberlain? 28

60-30 games: Baylor with 1

Wilt? 8

40-40 games: There have been 8 in the history of the NBA, and Chamberlain had all of them.

50-40 games: Obviously, Wilt would be the only player to have ever have accomplsihed that feat, which he did 5 times.

70-30 games: Chamberlain has the only 2, 78-43 and 73-36 (against Bellamy.)

Keep in mind that Kareem played FOUR seasons IN the Wilt era...and yet, do you see his name in any of the above? In fact, Kareem faced MANY of the SAME centers that a PRIME Wilt just destroyed by staggering margins, and never approached the overall domination that Wilt leveled against those same centers.

You want some examples? Wilt had an entire season, covering NINE H2H games, in which he AVERAGED 40 ppg against HOFer Willis Reed. Included in that season were games in which Wilt murdered Reed by margins of 41-9, 52-23, and 58-28. Find me a game in which Kareem scored 50 points against Reed.

How about 6-11 HOFer Nate Thurmond? Kareem faced Thurmond in 43 H2H starts...and his high game was 34 points against him. In fact, he had a TOTAL of SEVEN games against Nate in which he scored 30+ points against him. And, in three straight playoff series against Thurmond, he shot .486, .428, and, get this... .405 against Nate.

How about Wilt against Nate? A PRIME "scoring" Chamberlain had a span of eleven straight games against Thurmond, in which he averaged 30 ppg. In those 11 games, he had SIX games of 30+, including games of 30, 33, 33, 34, 38, and 45 points. In those six games, he had margins of 33-17, 33-10, 38-15, and an unfathomable margin of 45-13. Oh, and he faced Thurmond in three playoff series, as well. In those three playoff series, he outshot Thurmond by margins of .500 to .392; .550 to .398; and ... .560 to .343 (and that came in Thurmond's greatest season BTW.)

Both Kareem and Wilt faced 6-11 HOFer Walt Bellamy many times. Kareem faced him in some 25 H2H encounters, and his three highest games against Bellamy were games of 40, 39, and 35 points.

Wilt vs. Bellamy? In their first H2H game, Chamberlain shelled Bellamy by a 52-14 margin. How about this? In their 62-63 season, covering 10 H2H games, Chamberlain AVERAGED 43.7 ppg against Bellamy, including a 61 point game. BUT, that's not all. In their 61-62 season (in a year in which Bellamy averaged 31.6 ppg), and again in 10 H2H games, Wilt AVERAGED 52.7 ppg against Bellamy, including THREE games of 60+, and with a high game of 73 points (to go along with 36 rebounds.) Chamberlain was even hanging 50 point games on Bellamy in the '66 season.

How about this? In Wilt's 68-69 season, which was just one year before Kareem's rookie season in 69-70, Chamberlain hung a 60 point game on Connie Dierking, and a 66 point game on Jim Fox (on 29-35 shooting BTW.) Not only that, but in the very next season, (and again, in Kareem's rookie season), Wilt torched Dierking with a 43 point game. Unfortunately, Wilt shredded his knee in the ninth game, and was never the same again.

Ok, Kareem faced Dierking in some nine H2H games, and his high game against him was 41 points. So, Wilt had a higher game against Dierking, IN the Kareem-era, than what Kareem had against him. And, of course, he had that 60 point game against him just the year before Kareem arrived. And, I won't bother looking up all of Wilt's H2H's with Dierking, but I am reasonably certain that he had multiple 50+ point games against him in his career (and I do KNOW that he plastered Dierking with a 41 point playoff game in '67.)

Kareem also faced Jim Fox in some 30+ H2H games...and his high game against him was 41 points. Where was Kareem's 66 point game against him?

Oh, and Kareem also battled Darrall Imhoff in several H2H games. For some reason I can't find HIS 100 point game against him (nor even a 56 point game, which is what Wilt carpet-bombed Imhoff with in his very next start after that 100 point game...and in a game in which Imhoff received a standing ovation for "holding" Wilt to "only" 56 points.)

I'm positive Wilt would average 25/15 in today's league and probably 3.5+BPG too easily.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    What's wrong with you?
    Do you get medication for your Aspergers? I do recall that you told me you had the syndrome and you're obviously showcasing it with your crazy obsession with the guy.

We get it, you love the guy and you're obsessed but you're not even posting interesting stuff about him, you just bump crazy old thread with a one-liner or some random pic of him.

How many Wilt threads going on lately? I thought he came back from the dead.