Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Bill Simmons is right: Spurs were one rebound away from winning the title.

Are there really any Spurs fans who defend Poppovich's decision to bench Tim Duncan when all they needed was to grab one rebound and would have won?

Default Re: Bill Simmons is right: Spurs were one rebound away from winning the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    Are there really any Spurs fans who defend Poppovich's decision to bench Tim Duncan when all they needed was to grab one rebound and would have won?
    Pop is known to be an awful coach, how can anyone defend him?

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Bill Simmons is right: Spurs were one rebound away from winning the title.

It was a bad decision, but no way he expected Ray Allen to hit that shut coupled with LeBron going off to that extent in G7.

I blame Parker and Ginobili, though Green (and to a lesser extent Neal) couldn't keep up that pace for a 7 game series.

Nothing against LeBron, but I wanted Timmy to win #5 (was a lock for FMVP too).

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

As usual, Simmons is on the cutting edge with his analysis of the game.

What a smug prick he has become.

I rule the local playground PieceOfFelt's Avatar

Simmons picked the wrong day to go in on Ricky Rubio.

Good High School Starter Miller for 3's Avatar

Bill Simmons

Every broadcast/podcast/articel

"omg Presti traded Harden worst trade ever!!!!11!!!"

What a hack. He moves Dirk up like 20 spots after one season

Completely changes his opinion on Lebron after a lockout year

Said he saw Wilt's 100 point game, Dr. J was a bad defender, and Hakeem was a blackhole

He watches a lot of bad TV shows and movies and knows pop culture, but he is clueless about basketball. Quoting him like quoting Bleachrreport

Serious playground baller

Bill Simmons is like nails on a chalk board.

Did he EVER pick the Spurs to win last year? Now they were just one rebound away? Revisionist hack.

Simmons, Bayless, and Smith ... damn I hate ABC/ESPN.

Give me TNT and Shaqtin-a-fool any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    It was a bad decision, but no way he expected Ray Allen to hit that shut coupled with LeBron going off to that extent in G7.

I blame Parker and Ginobili, though Green (and to a lesser extent Neal) couldn't keep up that pace for a 7 game series.

Nothing against LeBron, but I wanted Timmy to win #5 (was a lock for FMVP too).
    No one was a lock. They had 4 guys who had a good/great case for FMVP(Parker, Duncan, Green, Leonard). I think it would've gone to Parker, but it was really a toss up had they won.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri98
    No one was a lock. They had 4 guys who had a good/great case for FMVP(Parker, Duncan, Green, Leonard). I think it would've gone to Parker, but it was really a toss up had they won.
    personally I think Duncan would have won it

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri98
    If they won in game 6, Parker would have been a lock.
    If they won in game 7, Duncan would have been a lock.

Splitter's incredible SCRUB performance cost the Spurs the title.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    this has never been more appropriate

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    If they won in game 6, Parker would have been a lock.
    If they won in game 7, Duncan would have been a lock.
    Thing is though, Timmy was the key to their defense on LeBron (obviously Kawhi and Pop get some credit) by shutting down the paint to prevent the drive, and he had that monster first half in G6. I can't see Parker winning it since it was close before then.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Thing is though, Timmy was the key to their defense on LeBron (obviously Kawhi and Pop get some credit) by shutting down the paint to prevent the drive, and he had that monster first half in G6. I can't see Parker winning it since it was close before then.
    I agree that Duncan would have deserved it, but all of the FMVP talk was going to Parker, and even Green, before Duncan