Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
    Is this game worth the $60?

I'm a huge fan of Western movies and the Old West time periods.

I told myself after buying The Show 10 that I wasn't gonna waste anymore money til Backbreaker and Madden, but this game is enticing.
    Have you ever played GTA IV before?

I told myself after buying The Show 10 that I wasn't gonna waste anymore money til Backbreaker and Madden, but this game is enticing.
    If you are a huge fan of westerns you need to get in this.

Madden? Fauck that shit.

This game is too addicting, I have hardly put it down since it arrived. Im about 30% of the way done with the singleplayer and level 12 on multiplayer. Just had a huge shootout at fort mercer, probably killed 50 guys with the chain gun.
    Last edited by KeylessEntry; 05-21-2010 at 04:24 PM.

Not only is it worth it, it's a must have. This game breaks all kinds of new ground. Considering you're into Western movies, this will probably be your favorite game.

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    This game is too addicting, I have hardly put it down since it arrived. Im about 30% of the way done with the singleplayer and level 12 on multiplayer. Just had a huge shootout at fort mercer, probably killed 50 guys with the chain gun.
    level 12! so is it pretty easy/quick to rank up?
    or have you really just not put it down yet

Future D1 Dad

still not so sure about the auto aim crap. i'm all about buying a game for it's online multiplayer features. how fun is it to have an opponent across the map only having to push the aim button to get locked onto you as u move? sounds like some bullshit to me.

Yes. Factor in free DLC content Rockstar will be putting out where you can play co-op (6 missions). The $60 aint nothing given how much you'll get out of this game moneys worth. Map is beyond huge. I have yet to see 50% of it.

NBA lottery pick

Grrr. I shouldnt have asked b/c now I am most def gonna get it, even though I shouldnt considering I'm fixin to have to start paying off student loans to go along with all my other bills. I miss being a kid/teenager.

Freakin video games. I miss the days when games were 20-30 bucks

Off topic; If the rumors of PS4/Xbox 3 games are going to be 80-100 bucks per game, then they're crazy. 60 bucks is almost too much. /rant

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease LbloodOjunkieG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    damn man you got attached!

i was doing the mission with marshall johnson, the one in pike's basin
    and as i was leaving, i whistled over my horse.. and i guess i was near a cliff, and he just like ran off the cliff lol

i 'd then 'd then 'd again
    I was very attached. We went everywhere together. Did everything together. Now she is just........gone.

anyone know what veteran gang matches is besides the auto aim off

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

got mine yesterday fellas. I am very impressed. I am a new gamer by the way and have never played grand theft auto or anything like it. So this is a new concept for me. I love it. I am wondering though if you do not have the will power to shut it off this game might be designed to take over your life. Like alot of people here I have played for a while but not really done much. But have a done alot if that makes any sense? The graphics and the story are tight. I have not been on multiplayer yet. Just about 4 hours last night of single player. Very impressed, just saying . ...

Can they (rockstar) make the controls tighter on one of these games? I love the game (its great, i dont want this to be mistaken that i dont) but the controls are loose at times. By this point, they should be able to make them much tighter.

RP 4 lyfe

got this game today. looks awesome

How many animals are there? I experienced the cougar and Bear today. Got jumped by a cougar pack (since when do they roll together) and stalking ass Bear from behind. Kinda scares u cause it comes outta nowhere. I was watching a Bear stalk a guy on horseback. I followed them then took it down.

Anyone tried the Most Wanted thing yet? Kill some innocent people then sherriffs. After you hit $1,000 you are wanted. Game announces it to the entire public free roam. So they can come collect the money on your head or not. But if you stay alive under your Wanted level for 10mins then escape alive (losing your Wanted level, basically escaping the red circle radius to freedom) you unlock an achievement. I've come close twice playing by myself until some dbags from a posse takes me down. And I came close in a posse but somehow it glitches us all out of our camping spot and reset everything. Weird.

But many people along with sheriffs tried to take us down. Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    How many animals are there? I experienced the cougar and Bear today. Got jumped by a cougar pack (since when do they roll together) and stalking ass Bear from behind. Kinda scares u cause it comes outta nowhere. I was watching a Bear stalk a guy on horseback. I followed them then took it down.
    http://www.reddead.net/forums/thread...ead-redemption

There's a list of the animals. I haven't gone through it, but I know there's about 30(or a bit over) species. Getting jumped by the cougars is no fun. Those b*tches are tough.