Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: List of Countries that Finished on Top of Canada in the Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    why everyone so mad at Canada lol
    dont tell me its cuz of one poster...
    Our cute chubby little brother feels like he accomplished something and now wants some recognition and praise.

mess with the bull you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    No you couldn't because you are dumb, simple and someone incapable of articulating your ridiculous viewpoints.

Back on point, why do Americans care so much about Canada anyways. There is always this talking point of Canada being irrelevant or caring more about the US than vice versa, but it seems that some Americans always feel the need to start these threads.

It is a bit confusing.

Just a few fun facts that might add light to the situation.

1-Canada has 5 months of winter, no possibility for outdoor training. This hurts the summer Olympians. If you check the US a high percentage of athletes in the summer games come from California.

2-Canada is 1/10th the size of the US.

3-Canada has a long tradition of not funding athletes, so those in fringe sports basically live below the poverty line (not an attractive lifestyle).

4-Canada did finish 13th overall in the total medal haul, not bad considering we aren't the 13th biggest country in the games. And people who win Silver and Bronze are not losers, it is still considered a victory.
    I wish we did support our athletes like the US does. It is pretty unfair to expect a Canadian Olympic athlete to work a 9-5 job to support themselves and their family while also training to compete at the games against an American who trains 9-5 every day without worrying about bills and food.

It's no wonder that Missy Franklin, gold medalist swimmer in these games, decided to compete for the US despite being born and raised by her family in Canada. She has dual citizenship as her mother now operates a business in Denver. I don't blame her, the US probably gave her all the money she needed and Canada would have given her nothing.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    America doesn't care about hockey. LA Kings won the stanley cup and not a single shit was given by anyone in LA. If the maple leafs won the stanley cup the whole city would burn down. The greatest Canadian athletes play in places like Tampa Bay and LA where no one cares about them. Tragic.
    Didn't realize America = L.A. Like I said certain markets obviously care alot more than others. Minny is crazy about hockey in general, much like Canada. Boston cares about hockey. Detroit is huge on hockey.

Who are these greatest Canadian athletes that play in Tampa and L.A? Your talking out of your ass like usual desperate for attention because you clearly don't get alot of it offline. Great Canadian hockey players are all around the NHL. You could argue L.A's best player isn't even from Canada.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Winter Olympics
    37 total medals to Canada's 26 total medals.

Despite homefield advantage, Canada still only beat USA by 5 golds. And in Hockey, Canada's national past time, we even kicked your ass 5-3 in the qualifying rounds before you lucked out in the gold medal game. Combined score of those 2 games? USA 8
    US dominates the Olympics compared to Canada. One thing Canada does not "luck out" in is hockey tho.

Why do you constantly talk out of your ass?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    US dominates the Olympics compared to Canada. One thing Canada does not "luck out" in is hockey tho.

Why do you constantly talk out of your ass?
    lucked out in the gold medal game, that's all I saw, especially after we killed canada a week before 5-3.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

lucked out in the gold medal game, that's all I saw, especially after we killed canada a week before 5-3.

stop giving this guy attention.

Banned

atleast Canada tries hard and gives good effort, bless them

Not this f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking shit again.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    My country has athletes that perform better than your country's athletes in one aspect of the Olympic games, therefore I am a better person than you, even though I took no part in either the training or performing of these sports, and watched only a few of them passively, if at all!

SUCK IT, EVERYWHERE THAT ISN'T AMERICA!

Skywalker (initially and mostly) and Mr Know It All are probably the main targets.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    dont see how 2 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze is better than 1 gold, 5 silver and 2 bronze. it should either be by medal count or some sort of weighted system. Obvious agenda is obvious.

Not to mention Canada is a pretty damn small country at 30 million
    Because they won less gold medals. Giving points for second or third is ridiculous. It's like giving rings to the Finals losers. (Which means Bryant now has more rings than Jordan. I don't see how 6 golds is any better than 5 gold and 2 silver

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

1-Canada has 5 months of winter, no possibility for outdoor training. This hurts the summer Olympians. If you check the US a high percentage of athletes in the summer games come from California.

2-Canada is 1/10th the size of the US.

3-Canada has a long tradition of not funding athletes, so those in fringe sports basically live below the poverty line (not an attractive lifestyle).

4-Canada did finish 13th overall in the total medal haul, not bad considering we aren't the 13th biggest country in the games. And people who win Silver and Bronze are not losers, it is still considered a victory.
    These are all just reasons why canda sucks.

You guys have 30 million fvcking people and brought in ONE gold. Our individual states have more gold medals than your whole damn country. Oh you guys live in snow and dont properly fund/train your olympic athletes? Hmmm.. that seems like a reason the U.S. might just shit on you. Training harder and smarter in better facilities with better coaches and overall focus probably would lead to better athletes.

It's like giving rings to the Finals losers.
    I could have sworn they did... The team still get a banner anyways. I don't consider Finals runner up's "losers".

It's just that Mr Know It All is way too defensive and keeps using lameass excuses. "If we multiply Canada's population and medals by 10, then we'd be more impressive." OK, so if we multiply Grenada's population and medals similarly, then Grenada would get 3,000 gold medals?

I wouldn't shit on silver and bronze medals, but wouldn't you like to see a bunch of golds to go along with them?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    It's just that Mr Know It All is way too defensive and keeps using lameass excuses. "If we multiply Canada's population and medals by 10, then we'd be more impressive." OK, so if we multiply Grenada's population and medals similarly, then Grenada would get 3,000 gold medals?

I wouldn't shit on silver and bronze medals, but wouldn't you like to see a bunch of golds to go along with them?
    It's actually incredibly embarrassing that Canada got 12 bronzes to their one gold. Thats got to be the worst bronze/gold ratio in the entire world. There like the champions at losing.