Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Do you guys go into deep depression when your favorite team loses in the playoffs?

And to fans of teams in the lottery, does the same go for you when your team doesn't make the playoffs?

I have a bad habit of doing coke rips just to keep myself in check. Keep me balanced not only after losses, but just balanced in...life. If I don't do them, I most likely would have off'd myself already. It's pretty much saved my life. I've been sober for a few days now, though.

I don't know, i'm just a big bball fan in general. I have as much heart as these players.

Any of you get the same feels?

Default Re: Do you guys go into deep depression when your favorite team loses in the playoffs?

I got over pretty quickly this year.

In hockey, when the Leafs got knocked out, it was a lot more frustrating.

Banned

Default Re: Do you guys go into deep depression when your favorite team loses in the playoffs?

PM for drug rehabilitation tips

Banned

No. I don't have that feeling anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    No. I don't have that feeling anymore.
    How come? Did you just stop caring so much? If so, how'd you do it? I'm still learning how to cope with the downs right now.

Big losses used to sting a whole lot more when I was a little younger. I'm still as passionate a fan as any I know but with age, I've learned to tone downed the personalization of defeats. Besides, I've got far too much other shit going on my life to consume myself with sports depression.

NBA All-star

after being so used to your team living up to your own expectation.

the first time?

yes.

you get used to it after that.

Nope. Because it all really doesn't matter and it's better to focus on things that will improve your life. All these players are going to be forgotten one day, the same way even really famous historical figures will one day be forgotten.

It's like back when the Yankees lost the World Series like ten years ago. I thought, why should I feel bad? Tomorrow I have to go work at stinking job, overnights, while Derek Jeter is going to be in a jacuzzi with two girls that are hotter than any girls that I've seen in person. And then a couple of weeks later, Derek Jeter was caught sneaking two girls out of his room.

I mean it's good to have passion, but it's also good to know that it's better to focus on things that will make your life more worthwhile.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    How come? Did you just stop caring so much? If so, how'd you do it? I'm still learning how to cope with the downs right now.
    Well for one, it helps if your team is non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    Nope. Because it all really doesn't matter and it's better to focus on things that will improve your life. All these players are going to be forgotten one day, the same way even really famous historical figures will one day be forgotten.

It's like back when the Yankees lost the World Series like ten years ago. I thought, why should I feel bad? Tomorrow I have to go work at stinking job, overnights, while Derek Jeter is going to be in a jacuzzi with two girls that are hotter than any girls that I've seen in person. And then a couple of weeks later, Derek Jeter was caught sneaking two girls out of his room.

I mean it's good to have passion, but it's also good to know that it's better to focus on things that will make your life more worthwhile.
    Ever hear that motto "Basketball is life"?

That's me right there. I live for it, and i'll certainly die for it. Ball is my life. I almost turned pro (if not for a horrific knee injury) and I get nostalgia when the winning team gets the edge over my favorite team. Thoughts of like...if not for my injury, I COULD'VE been that guy to help my team win. I've made tons of game winning plays in my life, i'm not scared of the moment. I've got the drive that most players don't even have. Maybe I look too deeply into my past and start to over think, but one thing is for sure. I LIVE FOR BASKETBALL.

I also do support several other teams as well, but there's always that one team that you fully appreciate more than the others.

Depression?

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    Well for one, it helps if your team is non-existent.
    Oh right, you were a Sonics fan.

Why aren't you pulling for the Thunders, brother?

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend

Depression?
    Yea?

Serious question, how were you feeling after the 2011 and 2014 Finals, dude? I couldn't imagine it being any worse than I was feeling in 2012.

I don't think I went outside the house for a month at one point.

OP, it shouldnt be hard for a bandwagoner like you to move on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Oh right, you were a Sonics fan.

Why aren't you pulling for the Thunders, brother?
    1) The way the process went when the team moved
    2) Sonics do not equal Thunder