Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: AI for Billups?

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Unbelievable.

I can't wait to get my new Iverson jersey,will stuckey relinquish #3?
    I dont think you can change jersey #s during the season

LOL...what a stupid trade for the Pistons. As a Bulls fan, I'm all for this trade. The pistons are officially no more. They went from being the 2nd best team in the East to probably the 6th best. just wait and see.

National High School Star

wow.. didn't see this one coming

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    Al Jefferson Switched his #8 for #7 and let Antoine Walker take his #8 back after Walker wore #88 for two games. Also Andre Igodoula have Webber #4.

Learning to shoot layups

Apparently its billups and mcdyess, should be complete within the hour as per yahoo spots.

Denver's FO confuses me at times. They trade away Camby for nothing because of salary concerns, now they take back and extra 2 years of Chauncey's contract. Makes them a bit better, I'd rather have Chauncy playing with JR and Melo then AI. Makes them a bit deeper up front with the addition of Dice (Back to Denver for the 3rd time?), which can only be a good thing since it means they don't have to play over the hill Juwan Howard (Dice is only 3/4 of the way there).

As for Detroit, I don't know what to think. Are they going to play Stuckey and AI, and have Rip as the 6th man? Or Rip and AI in the backcourt? Still, it sets them up to rebuild after this year if they chose to go that route, while still being able to keep a competative team on the floor this year.

I think Denver could do much better than Billups and McDyess. AI has an expiring contract of almost 22 million. Billups's contract doesn't end until 2011 and McDyess has another year on his at 6.8. Billups provides leadership, but he's on the decline... McDyess is 34... If I were Denver, I would look for a better trade, get a good young player in exchange for the large expiring contract.... or let AI's contract expire and pick someone up through free agency in the summer with the extra 18-20 million they'll have.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    When CWebb got traded to the 76ers, I think he took Iguodala's jersey number.

Excellent trade for Denver. They always needed defense and 3 point shooting, even before AI came to town. AI didn't really fit a need for this team, it was more of a panic move when Melo got suspended cos of the brawl if you ask me.

Both teams needed a change.

Bottomline is the Denver Nugz are now a serious threat opposed to simply being a fun team to watch but you know what will happen once they reach the postseason (suck it up and get OWNED).

Billups is a million times better than Stuckey. we'll see how good RIP, Tayshaun, that old fogey Rasheed, etc. are without the perenial All Star Chauncey Billups commanding the team.

A.I. is a ball hog and does NOT play any defense. The Pistons D just went from lock down to street worthy. i don't care how good stuckey has looked in 3 games or 1 year next to 4 all stars. he is no chauncey billups!

Denver has been looking for a real PG for years on end. Now they have found one. Now they can at least compete with teams who have real PG's like Utah and Nawlins.

Exclamation Re: AI for Billups?

WHAT THE F[COLOR="Black"]UC[/COLOR]K!?...The Pistons Will Have To Take An "L" With This One...

No disrespect to AI at all in this one, but Billups was just the perfect fit for Detroit's style of play. He can distribute the ball, penetrate, and isnt afraid to take and MAKE the clutch shots...his nickname is Mr. Big Shot if I'm not mistaken....the pistons were my eastern squad too

Now who in the east is even gonna put up a fight against the Celtics? Well thanks pistons, for guaranteeing a boring eastern conference playoff run filled with Celtic Domination

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ejeezy
    Apparently its billups and mcdyess, should be complete within the hour as per yahoo spots.
    espn adds samb to the mix. I guess they have some room to activate sharpe now. maybe they'll pick up mutumbo for the stretch run!

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Unbelievable.

I can't wait to get my new Iverson jersey,will stuckey relinquish #3?
    Don't count on it.

I am curious to what number AI will wear? maybe #33? (G. Hill was the last to wear #33)

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    As for Detroit, I don't know what to think. Are they going to play Stuckey and AI, and have Rip as the 6th man? Or Rip and AI in the backcourt? Still, it sets them up to rebuild after this year if they chose to go that route, while still being able to keep a competative team on the floor this year.
    Don't know what to think either. AI is a lame duck and Sheed is at the end

This brings exactly what Denver needs IMO (though I haven't watched Billups lately, has be declined this year?).

Leadership, outside shooting, defense and distribution for the PG spot.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Denver's FO confuses me at times. They trade away Camby for nothing because of salary concerns, now they take back and extra 2 years of Chauncey's contract. Makes them a bit better, I'd rather have Chauncy playing with JR and Melo then AI. Makes them a bit deeper up front with the addition of Dice (Back to Denver for the 3rd time?), which can only be a good thing since it means they don't have to play over the hill Juwan Howard (Dice is only 3/4 of the way there).
    This is what confuses me... why take on the extra salary for a short window of contention during which the Hornets and Lakers will likely dominate anyway. Why not use AI's expirer to build for the future?

National High School Star KRAYZIE's Avatar

This is ridiculous on part of the Nuggets management. First Camby, now maybe AI? Great, trade the one player that was willing to sacrifice his game to win this season. It's one thing to be doing this in the offseason, but 3 games already into the season and now you want to talk about trading him? Lets get real, the Nuggets aren't going anywhere even with Billups(and McDyess), so why pick up another huge contract that runs through 2012? It would be alot smarter for them to just keep AI and his expiring contract for the remainder of the season. And use the cash to go after a young pointguard next year.

F*cking morons!