Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2015 free agency

So just because I correctly predicted 2014 doesn't mean it's for sure that I'll nail the summer of 2015 but I prob will.

First off the Knicks will go into the offseason having for or wishing they had traded for Reggie Jackson or Brandon knight, and either tony wroten or miles plumlee

Then of course we all wish it was about gasol and Dragic so you try that first.

It's prob all about restricted free agents. So who do you overpay? Kanter or Tobias Harris?

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Default Re: 2015 free agency

What did you predict correctly...you got everything wrong.

you predicted we would be in the playoffs with bargnani and melo being the 2nd coming of shaq and kobe and that we should trade the house for josh smith (bargnani part 2) and larry sanders

He's still here. Boorish, predictable post with little to no rationale.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    What did you predict correctly...you got everything wrong.
    Jason smith for the 3 million dollar slot. The only move made in "free agency"

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

I'm thinking they will target Tobias Harris and Draymond Green primarily.

I have no interest in Reggie Jackson cause I think he's "Diet Russell Westbrook."

It won't happen but I think we'll hear a TON of "Kobe Bryant to be a Knick" rumors near the draft in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    I'm thinking they will target Tobias Harris and Draymond Green primarily.

I have no interest in Reggie Jackson cause I think he's "Diet Russell Westbrook."

It won't happen but I think we'll hear a TON of "Kobe Bryant to be a Knick" rumors near the draft in June.
    why would we be going after harris? hes restricted and anything but the max will get matched...hes not the impact player everyone makes him out to be...its just cause hes in orlando... im not sold on him and would rather wait on him to be unrestricted in 2016 and another year to see if hes worth it

i dont see green leaving the warriors...

reggie jackson is the type of guard we could use to run the point..he can shoot and drive...his play-making is not really needed as much as being able to break down the d on several occasions and being able to finish ( something non of our gaurds were able to do)...

and...i doubt it...kobe's done and any deal involving kobe would kill us in future flexibility

i would love to throw a max at kawhi leonard...hes worth it

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    why would we be going after harris? hes restricted and anything but the max will get matched...hes not the impact player everyone makes him out to be...its just cause hes in orlando... im not sold on him and would rather wait on him to be unrestricted in 2016 and another year to see if hes worth it
    Harris is solid and the behind the scenes word is that he's looking to get out of Orlando as soon as possible. Teams have learned it's not a good idea to keep guys that don't wanna be there. With his friendship with Carmelo Anthony on top of his solid skill-set, he's going to be a Knicks target.

i dont see green leaving the warriors...
    Warriors ownership has not shown Green the love they displayed for Klay Thompson. The owner came out and all but guaranteed that they would re-sign Thompson, that hasn't been done for Green. Unless something changes contractually, Green will also be a target.

reggie jackson is the type of guard we could use to run the point..he can shoot and drive...his play-making is not really needed as much as being able to break down the d on several occasions and being able to finish ( something non of our gaurds were able to do)...
    Plays too much like Russell Westbrook for me to have any interest in him.

and...i doubt it...kobe's done and any deal involving kobe would kill us in future flexibility
    I don't think Kobe plays for anyone other than the Lakers. However, with him being in the farewell tour phase of his career I know the "reunited with Phil Jackson and Derek Fisher" stories will start flying.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Jason smith for the 3 million dollar slot. The only move made in "free agency"
    He wasnt the only move made. Pretty sure Travis Wear was signed and Galloway was as well before the season aka "free agency".

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    He wasnt the only move made. Pretty sure Travis Wear was signed and Galloway was as well before the season aka "free agency".
    Ok. You got me. I meant this thread to be discussion about the cap space that is such a big deal this year and who might sign. There will likely be an I drafted free agent or two and maybe another d-league signing. Who do you want to talk about as undrafted league minimum free agents?

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

I want to stay away from guys like Draymond Green, Patrick Beverly, Reggie Jackson and Danny Green. Those are guys who look good on good teams, get big contracts, and then remind you just how average they are. If we pay out a big contract I want it to be on a big talent. A guy who does something special on the court. Role players should get role player money because they can be replaced. When you start giving guys like Green 10+ mill, you hamper your team from spending money on special talent.

As for Tobias Harris, I've always really liked his game. That being said, I don't get the point of signing him. I've always said he's like a poor man's Melo. actually predicted Jabari Parker's career would be somewhere in the middle of the two. I don't get why, with all the needs we'll have this offseason, you spend money on the one position you've solidified.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Ok. You got me. I meant this thread to be discussion about the cap space that is such a big deal this year and who might sign. There will likely be an I drafted free agent or two and maybe another d-league signing. Who do you want to talk about as undrafted league minimum free agents?
    Personally I'd hope our D-League affiliate actually assembles a team of younger players, most of them are pretty old at the moment, have maxed their own abilities and arent that good even in the d-league.

As far as your opening post, I'd be on board with Harris, but not at his maximum pay primarily because I dont know if he grow into it. but I do think he'd be a decent 3rd option type of player, but I wouldnt be happy if he were our top signing....we need more help than him.

If I were Phil I'd target Draymond Green firstly and yes I'd offer him the max he's allowed as an RFA. he's a good player, a legit starter on a good team and plays defense which is a huge factor. I do think GS matches all offers though.

Krust Kingz

Pretty sure this thread was done.... Even included potential FA's listed by the NY Post.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...300497&page=57

Terrible year for sg and sf
    I like Danny green, singler, JR, and Middleton

Really limited at pg options which means expensive
    Dragic and knight

It prob all just comes down to if the Knicks get Russell or towns/wcs. If the pick is a big will Phil do a non-triangle GM type thing like putting big money into "PG"?

D' Russel/shved/Galloway/marks
    Smith/Singler/cleanthony
    Carmelo/Wear
    smith/sanders/nance jr
    Bargnani/smith/Aldrich

Enes and 2 out of the 3 of green, singler, and Middleton might be the best hope