Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Durant's rebounding...

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    He leads the entire league in rebounds from his position.

The last time I had a job was right now
    ...which is schooling you after you make an ass out of yourself. You're welcome.
    the professor

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87
    all ft35 offer is scoring nothing else....why are people so surprised?
    27/8/4.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Averaging 0.5 offensive rebounds a game this season, and over the last 6 seasons, averaging 0.6 offensive rebounds per game...

How is it that a dude at 6'11, with arms freakishly long, who is that athletic, can only pull down 0.5 offensive rebounds a game?

His 6'3 teammate for example pulls down 1.6 a game while playing less minutes too.
    Westbrook also averages more offensive rebounds than Lebron, which himself averaged 0.7 last year, even 1.2 this year for a player of his physical gifts isn't good. Durant's averaging 7.4 defensive( he has 3 seasons averaging that) to Lebron's 6.1 and slightly higher career defensive rebounding percentages. It should be noted that Durant's defensive rebounding numbers are higher than 10 of the top 20 rebounders.

Also, you're raising the issue of height but there's a certain amount of 'knack' and 'feel' involved in rebounding as well, knowing how the ball bounces off the rim and things of that sort. Two of the best rebounders of the last 20 years( and ever) in Rodman and Barkley were basically 6'6 or thereabouts.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 01-20-2016 at 08:58 AM.

Local High School Star

Part effort, part risk of injury to his foot (Okay I thought that foot injury just about did his career in and he has proven me wrong so far), very high centre of gravity (other players will get low and shoulder his hips/knees) and of course the main reason is because he is often the finisher and shooters whom are finishers are rarely in a position for rebounding. TT on Cavs otoh fights to the rim every possession because he knows he isn't going to shoot it.

because if KD was leaving his assignment and crashing the boards like Westbrook the opposing team would have a free layup after every defensive rebound.

westbrooks offensive rebounds are a net negative. when he doesn't get the rebound it leads to easy fast breaks. KD has to cover for his ass.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Could be, yeah. Guess having a 6'11 guy back on defense, who is as quick as most guards in the league is always good for transition defense if you get caught out.

I still find it bizarre at his height he just doesn't naturally get more of them anyway.
    There was a very recent detailed article on ESPN( Truehoop I think) about the noticeable decline in offensive rebounds league wide over the past few years. Coaches are preaching a different philosophy of getting back and preventing transitional baskets as more valuable than fighting for offensive rebounds. It's a league wide trend, which probably also has an effect on perimeter players like Durant. Offensive boards also usually require a very aggressive and physical rebounding style, which isn't Durant's forte.

Banned

He leads the entire league in rebounds from his position.

The last time I had a job was right now...which is schooling you after you make an ass out of yourself. You're welcome.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

8 boards a game from the SF position.

OP confirmed Branvestite.

You are the one that brings up Lebron in EVERY THREAD you ****ing dimwit. Get a damn job or eat a ****ing bullet and put yourself out of your misery already.

I usually hit open layups

Transition defense is more important than individual stats.