Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-25-2017, 12:44 PM   #1
KiiiiNG
Undefeated

Default If Wade comes to OKC, are they the title favorites?

Wade off the bench in limited doses would be huge

Veteran with multiple championships, good friends with Melo and George. Hates durant...could get under his skin emotionally

I like the fit for a team who's desperate for a decent SG off the bench. Also, they could replace him with Roberson down the stretch to avoid hack-a-robe

They're in talks with Wade now, he may be signed later today
KiiiiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:47 PM   #2
Im Still Ballin
take him away boys

Default Re: If Wade comes to OKC, are they the title favorites?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq09UkPRdFY
Im Still Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:54 PM   #3
mjokc
Local High School Star

The trolls are out in full force. No, Wade does not make OKC title favorites, that's just silly. Nobody is on the same level of the Warriors.
mjokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:55 PM   #4
KiiiiNG
Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
Need more backlinks for your site? I'm your guy!
Old 09-25-2017, 12:58 PM   #5
KiiiiNG
Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjokc
The trolls are out in full force. No, Wade does not make OKC title favorites, that's just silly. Nobody is on the same level of the Warriors.
George guards Durant
Melo brings Dray out of the paint
Russ and PG feast in paint
Melo shoots lights out
Adams locks down paint
Roberson hounds Klay and Steph
Westbrook hounds Steph with added energy on D
Wade provides scoring spark off bench, down the stretch has poise and savvy to make plays

Etc.

OKC is a nightmare for Golden State

They have the offensive and defensive pieces to beat them, and can rattle them emotionally

You're not a real OKC fan. Youre not intelligent enough
Old 09-25-2017, 01:24 PM   #6
mjokc
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
George guards Durant
Melo brings Dray out of the paint
Russ and PG feast in paint
Melo shoots lights out
Adams locks down paint
Roberson hounds Klay and Steph
Westbrook hounds Steph with added energy on D
Wade provides scoring spark off bench, down the stretch has poise and savvy to make plays

Etc.

OKC is a nightmare for Golden State

They have the offensive and defensive pieces to beat them, and can rattle them emotionally

You're not a real OKC fan. Youre not intelligent enough

I'm one of the few "OKC fans" actually born and raised in OKC, and with no trolling agenda. I won't get into an intellegince discussion with basketball opinions determining the end result. So I'll get right to you points of naming out individual matchups.

Basketball is a team sport that is greatly underpinned by both offensive and defensive philosophies. You can not simply name individual matchups, and use that as your only source of reasoning. Golden state has proven that they have an elite offfensive system to go along with ridiculous talent. There have been instances of teams winning championships by relying heavily on either talent, or the system, they have both. Additionally, they are also elite defensively.

So while I can acknowledge that this recent assembly of talent in Paul and Melo absolutely can give the Warriors a challenge, suggesting that OKC is now a title favorite before playing one game of basketball is premature.
mjokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:27 PM   #7
tpols
we already won

to OKC you could add Lebron, wade, and bring chris bosh out of retirement too... they still aint beating Golden State. There's one ball, and the warriors have maximized how to be effective with it with 4-5 all NBA talents. No amount of talent accumulation will matter because the diminishing returns of how theyre poorly implemented as one will never allow them to match the DUBs baby.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:36 PM   #8
KiiiiNG
Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjokc
I'm one of the few "OKC fans" actually born and raised in OKC, and with no trolling agenda. I won't get into an intellegince discussion with basketball opinions determining the end result. So I'll get right to you points of naming out individual matchups.

Basketball is a team sport that is greatly underpinned by both offensive and defensive philosophies. You can not simply name individual matchups, and use that as your only source of reasoning. Golden state has proven that they have an elite offfensive system to go along with ridiculous talent. There have been instances of teams winning championships by relying heavily on either talent, or the system, they have both. Additionally, they are also elite defensively.

So while I can acknowledge that this recent assembly of talent in Paul and Melo absolutely can give the Warriors a challenge, suggesting that OKC is now a title favorite before playing one game of basketball is premature.
There's nothing sophisticated about the Warriors offense or defense. They have guys who can shoot, pass, and dribble.... so they shoot, pass, and dribble. It's not hard to see or understand

Passing the ball to an open man and running high pick and rolls isn't sophisticated... It's ****ing basketball

They're good on defense because they have great versatility and team defense. Again, it's not hard to understand or replicate if you have the talent and discipline which I think OKC does.

OKC now has a similiar level of talent, and has the defensive role players, and overall defense to be every bit as good on that end if not better.

They can keep up with Golden State on offense and make them work harder on defense. Westbrook is the key, his relentlessness will now be even more of a problem for Golden State who lacks a true rim protector. The fact that OKC has two PFs in Melo and Patterson who can draw Dray out of the paint and limit his ability to be a team defender is massive

The overall size, athleticism, and talent of OKC will Trump Golden State

I'll bump this thread when I'm correct yet again like I've always been
Old 09-25-2017, 02:26 PM   #9
lilteapot
Very good NBA starter

No.
lilteapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:27 PM   #10
J Shuttlesworth
HUGE GSW fan here but.

Lol @ Snowflake-C fans with the damage control
J Shuttlesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:28 PM   #11
MrFonzworth
Data Pagan

I'm not sure if prime Wade could make OKC favorites

MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:29 PM   #12
DeRozan m8
See ya Kiwi

Op has got to be about the dumbest cvnt on this forum

Get some basketball knowledge
DeRozan m8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:34 PM   #13
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
If Wade comes to OKC, are they the title favorites?
Wade would improve the bench, but it's still sub-par.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:48 PM   #14
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

The bench has been gutted, and it's beyond awful, but they will lessen the effect by likely rotating the 3 stars between each other so there's always at least one playing at all times vs the scrubs.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:04 PM   #15
Naero
The Great Wall of Text

They still need to consolidate their bench before they're veritable title-contenders. If Westbrook's off-court differential, which was the biggest net-positive impact produced out of any individual player for a full season, is any barometer, there are too many deficiencies in that regard that the addition of two (lower-)mid-tier superstars isn't going to change overnight.

But if they retain their star players, they have a chance to make that leap in the years to come. It's just crucial that they make a deep playoffs run this year (the WCF or putting up at least a convincingly competitive fight in the second round), since George and 'Melo will be more realistically retainable if the team is demonstrably just a few major pieces away from solidifying a title-favorable team.

They can, of course, add more pieces this year, but to what extent? They have few enviable assets, and only so many moves are makable this year without levying the luxury tax further; as such, I'd say they're in a logjam in that regard for now.

They simply aren't overcoming a healthy Golden Medal Warriors team without more roster-management moves or a monumental upset.
Naero is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: