Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-01-2018, 06:16 PM   #1
greymatter
Local High School Star

Default Kanye wants an apology from Obama...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/01/enter...ays/index.html

..for calling him a jackass for his infamous interruption of Taylor Swift's MTV music award acceptance speech.

Anyone who isn't a complete retard (or born yesterday) would know that it's stupid to demand an apology from someone who isn't inclined to honestly be the least bit apologetic.

South Park is spot on with their satirical characterization of him. He's dumber than a steaming pile of shit.
greymatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:20 PM   #2
CelticBaller
You mad?

Default Re: Kanye wants an apology from Obama...

He should get it
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:24 PM   #3
bullettooth
I don't flop.

Did he ever apologize to Taylor Swift?
bullettooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:26 PM   #4
Facepalm
Local High School Star

He should apologize for claiming slavery was a choice

Quote:
At one point during the conversation, Kanye said, “When you hear about slavery for 400 years ... for 400 years? That sound like a choice.”

“Like … you was there for 400 years and it’s all of y’all?” he asked incredulously.
Facepalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:46 PM   #5
bladefd
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facepalm
He should apologize for claiming slavery was a choice

And people still think that moron Kanye is smart? Smart my ass
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:48 PM   #6
KiiiiNG
Undefeated

Publicity for his new album... Trump, Obama, Slavery

Dude going all in
KiiiiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:48 PM   #7
senelcoolidge
NBA rookie of the year

Kanye has been quoting Thomas Sowell. He's awakened. Obama sucks balls figuratively and literally.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:53 PM   #8
Bill Russell
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd

And people still think that moron Kanye is smart? Smart my ass

Without seeing the interview, I think I get what he’s saying.

Obviously black people didn’t willfully get treated poorly and enslaved as a conscious decision.

Pretty sure his point is for it to go on for 400 years and for there not to be an uprising or fighting back, that people subconsciously repeatedly chose to engage in the role of being a slave rather than fighting back on a widespread level. Of course those people were probably just killed but people largely stayed as slaves because of fear and choosing to hold onto it.

That would be my guess anyways.
Bill Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:05 PM   #9
PistonsFan#21
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Russell

Obviously black people didn’t willfully get treated poorly and enslaved as a conscious decision.

Pretty sure his point is for it to go on for 400 years and for there not to be an uprising or fighting back, that people subconsciously repeatedly chose to engage in the role of being a slave rather than fighting back on a widespread level. Of course those people were probably just killed but people largely stayed as slaves because of fear and choosing to hold onto it.

There is no defense for Kanyes comments really. Maybe he should have just checked the definition of the word slave to understand how dumb his ''by choice'' comment was. And yes there was uprising and fighting back during those years
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:06 PM   #10
Bill Russell
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21

There is no defense for Kanyes comments really. Maybe he should have just checked the definition of the word slave to understand how dumb his ''by choice'' comment was.

*woosh*
Bill Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:23 PM   #11
tpols
we already won

i heard kanye on the radio today and lord he sounded insane... he sounded like a white guy too.. voice mustve changed. That fam hes with will **** his mind forever
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:03 PM   #12
Dinosaurus
Ok

Quote:

That's how i took it too, but it is still 100% stupid and makes him look like a total buffoon with zero knowledge about slavery or history.
Dinosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:10 PM   #13
dazzer87
NBA lottery pick

this mofo doing all these to sell his shitty music......
dazzer87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:40 PM   #14
bladefd
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

Kanye trying to clarify:
Quote:
"My point is for us to have stayed in that position even though the numbers were on our side means that we were mentally enslaved," he added.

There were 3 million slaves, while the US population was 30 million in 1860. Also no way to coordinate a massive uprising without most of the slaves getting shot to death. It would have been a complete bloodbath, a massacre..

To say it was a choice where slaves could just rise up whenever they felt like it overlooks the barriers. So much was done to ensure the slaves were kept down from system perspective. There was a reason why slaves were kept uneducated and often in shackles to prevent such uprisings from ever starting. It was illegal for a slave to attend school and the slaves were also told over and over from childhood (brainwashed essentially) that they were biologically an inferior race compared to the whites. They didn't have access to books, couldn't vote, had no say in goings of the government, were shot/lynched if they tried anything, did not have access to arms, or even had the right to assemble. In whole, it took couple centuries before slavery was slowly uprooted systematically from North American continent since the first slaves were brought over.

To say it was just a choice belittles everything that went into ending slavery including fighting the bloodiest war in American history. We can argue whether civil war was mainly about slavery or states having the right to decide, but the subject was still concerning slavery. The court system and the system had to be altered to give former slaves the right to be considered a human being before they could appeal to have a say in court. Hell, the US Constitution had to be amended in 1860s after civil war because until that point it didn't consider blacks human-beings but property. They still had to fight further for almost a century more before the civil rights were passed, ending segregation all the way in 1960s..

And slavery was just a choice?? Kanye is ignorant as hell.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:21 PM   #15
HarryBergeron
Underhandicapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
Kanye has been quoting Thomas Sowell. He's awakened. Obama sucks balls figuratively and literally.
Yass! One BASED black man quoting another BASED black man, right my fellow white people?
HarryBergeron is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: