Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #5266
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Machete: 8/10...Highly entertaining, great for the children...
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #5267
Disaprine
College star

4/5

personal favorite of mine, so you may not agree with my rating.
Disaprine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #5268
alenleomessi
L

The Departed 9/10

Breakdown 8/10
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #5269
FatComputerNerd
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
Saw Kick-Ass couple nights ago and daaamn what a bad ass movie!!! I thought it'd be stupid when I first saw the trailer a long time ago but I loved it! Great action! The story was good too, made me think about what his point was is actually true lol. Why hasn't anyone tried to be a superhero and try and save the shitty world we're in today. Also great actress, I loved Fonseca, she did a great job as Katie. Also some great sexual references lol. Overall, very cool awesome movie! Gotta give it

That movie really did kick serious ass. Before seeing it I thought it would be lame, for kids, etc...boy was I surprised. Id actually rank it among the top few "superhero" movies EVER.
FatComputerNerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #5270
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

I've got "the white ribbon" for tonight, I'll probably post a review tomorrow.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #5271
Stuckey
ifirtworld

animal house - 5/10 - not funny

stir crazy - 6/10 - mildly funny
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:20 PM   #5272
baseketball4life
7-time NBA All-Star

watched beavis and butthead do america for the first time in years last night still fuc*king hilarious give it a 8/10 enjoyed it as always

next movie I'm trying to see is Big Lebowski heard its real good have never seen it
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #5273
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
watched beavis and butthead do america for the first time in years last night still fuc*king hilarious give it a 8/10 enjoyed it as always

next movie I'm trying to see is Big Lebowski heard its real good have never seen it

sometimes i wish i could watch great movies for the first time

you are in for a treat, u should get baked before watching it
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #5274
baseketball4life
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
sometimes i wish i could watch great movies for the first time

you are in for a treat, u should get baked before watching it
I've already downloaded it via bittorrent but I'm not sure if I should watch it on my laptop or fork the 3 bucks to rent it at blockbuster and watch it on my parents big screen lol. I don't wanna bog down it's value by watching it on my laptop if possible. IDK i think a few of my friends wanna see it so maybe we'll rent it and watch it at someones house
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #5275
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Just finished True Grit. I've read every review on it and agree mostly with all of them. It's good, but not great. And there's nothing wrong with that at all. As far as westerns go, the competition is so weak considering there's probably only 2-3 from this decade that are worth watching, I'll say this is probably up there with those as well.

There's hasn't been a really great western since Unforgiven and I doubt there ever will be again.

Does anyone consider NCFOM a western? It certainly contains a lot of the elements.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #5276
NastaMaverick
College star

just saw the fighter. pretty damn good, Christian Bale did a helluva job.
8.5/10
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #5277
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Shutter Island

7/10

I actually liked it. Halfway through the movie I'm thinking, "What the fuck?" Then towards the end you weren't sure if he was or wasn't insane.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #5278
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Just finished True Grit. I've read every review on it and agree mostly with all of them. It's good, but not great. And there's nothing wrong with that at all. As far as westerns go, the competition is so weak considering there's probably only 2-3 from this decade that are worth watching, I'll say this is probably up there with those as well.

There's hasn't been a really great western since Unforgiven and I doubt there ever will be again.

Does anyone consider NCFOM a western? It certainly contains a lot of the elements.

I've decided that I don't fully consider No Country a Western. There's a lot of movies that are sort Western homages, and I'd definitely put it in that category, but I can't consider a true Western.

There's been a few really high end Westerns of late. Appaloosa was pretty good (it woulda been better than that had it not been destroyed by the awfull female lead charactter). 3:10 to Yuma is nearly Spaghetti, but it's really really good, and even that I'd say isn't quite as good as this version of True Grit. And finally, I'd say The Assassination of Jesse James is at least a borderline great movie.

It's been a bit of a Western renessaince. I'd consider this the second best of the true westerns of this current era.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #5279
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I've decided that I don't fully consider No Country a Western. There's a lot of movies that are sort Western homages, and I'd definitely put it in that category, but I can't consider a true Western.

There's been a few really high end Westerns of late. Appaloosa was pretty good (it woulda been better than that had it not been destroyed by the awfull female lead charactter). 3:10 to Yuma is nearly Spaghetti, but it's really really good, and even that I'd say isn't quite as good as this version of True Grit. And finally, I'd say The Assassination of Jesse James is at least a borderline great movie.

It's been a bit of a Western renessaince. I'd consider this the second best of the true westerns of this current era.

I think watching Unforgiven a few hundred times in the past...3-4 years has really soiled my expectations for other westerns. If It's not a dark, brooding character study, in my head it stinks. Jesse James is very similar and that's why It's one of my favorite movies ever. Still top 10 probably.

It's very hard for me to appreciate these movies. I know exactly why and there's nothing I can do about it.

There's another one that I haven't seen...I can't think of the name, I've heard from several posters on here that It's very good. I'll mention it if it comes to mind.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #5280
Jasi
Quality?

Yesterday I finally saw Inception.

Surely nice and not overdone. I'd give it a 8.

I still have some questions open about it though.

1) The whole totem thing is a bit confused to me. Why is the what-do-you-call-that-in-English supposed to keep spinning and spinning in the dreams? Wasn't it Mal's totem instead of Cobb's?

2) I don't like the role of the architect, it's forced. It really looks like they just needed a "moral guide" for Cobb in Arianne but they didn't know how to put her in the team so they came up with this architect thing. Did she design the 4th level too? She didn't know they would have got there.

Maybe there's others curious issues that I didn't notice, what does ISH say?
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: