Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-05-2007, 11:23 PM   #16
bleedinpurple
Local High School Star

Default Re: Mitch Kupchak & Phil Jackson Will Be Addressing The Media Tomorrow Around Noon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
oh i'm sure kobe and phil are going to have plenty of input into the off season moves, phil has already expressed his wishes during the conference for a top point gaurd

Interesting that Phil believes that a top PG is our most serious need...as opposed to, say, a low post threat or a shot blocker.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:21 AM   #17
gts
shhhhhhh

Default Re: Mitch Kupchak & Phil Jackson Will Be Addressing The Media Tomorrow Around Noon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
Interesting that Phil believes that a top PG is our most serious need...as opposed to, say, a low post threat or a shot blocker.
two words "smush parker"...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:11 AM   #18
bleedinpurple
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
two words "smush parker"...lol

you know its bad when they let it be publicly known that "he will not be asked to return". Usually, if they don't want a guy, they just go silent on the issue.

Which makes me think....since they let that be known...to what extent are mgmt and Phil making Smush the fall guy? While Smush is clearly the weakest link, he is no "fall guy". No one who makes the minimum can be a fall guy.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:22 AM   #19
gts
shhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
you know its bad when they let it be publicly known that "he will not be asked to return". Usually, if they don't want a guy, they just go silent on the issue.

Which makes me think....since they let that be known...to what extent are mgmt and Phil making Smush the fall guy? While Smush is clearly the weakest link, he is no "fall guy". No one who makes the minimum can be a fall guy.
i don't think they are making him the fall guy by any means, i'm sure it was just an anwer to a question, i read someplace else that smush had said he wouldn't be back...

it actually may be a blessing for smush that it's out because now teams can talk to his agent and not be tampering if that had been an issue, not sure how that works with free agents...
smush even said he didn't think things were bad between him and phil but he did notice a feeling in the locker room that things were different the last few weeks and that basketball was not fun anymore for him..

i'd give you the link but it's one that well you know...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: