Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-05-2007, 06:25 AM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

Default Management must be smart about this!

Ok, its great they've decided to get help and are doing their best to get Kobe help to win now but in order to get adequate help, they cant just pull the trigger on deals for desperation. Remember last time they made such a deal -- Butler/Atkins for Mittens.

Theres two parts of this -- realizing they have to do something and actually doing it successfully. The latter is harder

What I mean is, just because they decided to trade Bynum and/or Odom, it doesn't mean they should pull the trigger on any kind of deal that sounds good. They must explore all options first. Its sad that I have to be saying this for an organization like ours but with the recent moves this organization has made, I really have no faith in them right now.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:35 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Re: Management must be smart about this!

I agree,

I hope we don't give up Odom and Bynum in one trade that get's us just one star unless we receive a very very good role player.

If we're going to get O'Neal for those too, we should get Foster and someone like Daniels. We cannot afford to lose depth with our 5 free agents most likely not returning.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
gts
shhhhhhh

Default Re: Management must be smart about this!

i agree, this is what i have been saying for quite some time.. you cannot gut the roster for one player or one player and the fluff that comes along with him, or the fluff you have to go out and sign for a couple million to replace the fluff you traded away... at least our fluff knows the system... you may not like having brian cook on the team, but to end up with another player like him that has to learn from square one is just placing even more load on kobe and crew
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: