Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-06-2007, 08:53 PM   #1
KB8tHeGrEaT

Default Who do you prefer KG or JO?

I think KG is will be better for us but like they always say its impossible for him to come to LA cause of McCale but if we get a big man that is a body banger like more power like JO we should get him KG is more jump shotting but either way we win unless of course we give Odom for one of them what do yall think??????? JUST IMAGINE KOBE KG ODOM or KOBE JO ODOM
Old 05-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

Default Re: Who do you prefer KG or JO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB8tHeGrEaT
I think KG is will be better for us but like they always say its impossible for him to come to LA cause of McCale but if we get a big man that is a body banger like more power like JO we should get him KG is more jump shotting but either way we win unless of course we give Odom for one of them what do yall think??????? JUST IMAGINE KOBE KG ODOM or KOBE JO ODOM
Do you honestly think that you would have any chance in hell to get KG or JO without giving up Odom? You must can a brain problem. The Lakers answer isn't JO or KG anyway, but casual fans such as yourself don't realize that the Lakers need to be built around Kobe. Getting another star who needs the ball in his hands to be effective will be horrible.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:20 PM   #3
hotsizzle
Superstar

wtf is wrong with our forum? Getting KG w/o giving up Odom. wtf is this?
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
Laker's Future
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
Do you honestly think that you would have any chance in hell to get KG or JO without giving up Odom? You must can a brain problem. The Lakers answer isn't JO or KG anyway, but casual fans such as yourself don't realize that the Lakers need to be built around Kobe. Getting another star who needs the ball in his hands to be effective will be horrible.

I agree, to get KG or JO you will have to trade Odom. Sorry but Odom is the most likely trade target. To bring in any highly paid star. All this demand to get rid of Bynum make me think teams will be asking for Odom and Bynum now. Even though the Kidd deal was agreed upon on principle I doubt Thorn even planed to send Kidd over here. Waited till the very last moment to demand Bynum in the trade, was a plan to cause chaos in Laker land, leaving no time for a back up trade, and I think it work well. I think we should have had a backup trade with Portland sending Milm and Mckie for Jamaal Magloire. I keep hearing his name a lot. Now some people are talking sign him as a FA.
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #5
KB8tHeGrEaT

damn people calm down i said imagine read before yall start talking sh*t but either way kobe and kg is kobe and jo is
Old 05-08-2007, 12:36 AM   #6
dblockallstars
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:

Kg really doesn't need the ball 2b effective, he's a great mid range shooter n if kobe drives n kicks, KG'll nock em down all day... JO is pretty good 2, pretty much all he does is shoot j's .... both play great defense and rebound n don't have 2 score 2 b effective so I don't think they need the ball 4 effectiveness
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:39 AM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:

I agree with your first sentence...But I don't see KG as a ball demanding hog like you're making him out to be right now.

People don't understand that Kobe isn't a ball hog...there are just some points where he has bad shot selection but its a 48 minute game. 1 or 2 bad shots isn't worth talking about.

Last edited by lakerfreak : 05-08-2007 at 03:03 AM.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:14 AM   #8
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OMG what the hell is this?
Kobe proved that he can both with and without the ball. Some of you act like he handles the ball 95 % of the time while he usually gets his position on the wing and asks for the ball there.

He has proved that he can play with and without the ball.

Get the **** out of our forum, Queenofthecourt, you don't know **** about the Lakers and you just see Kobe as a guy not able to co exist with anyone which is completely false.

Go troll somewhere else.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:47 AM   #9
sammdogg
Good High School Starter

KG for sure over JO. even if lakers could keep Lamar with JO. Lamar needs to go. He's not a winner. Hes only been on two teams with winning records in his career and that was the last two laker squads. I like Lamar as a person, but the hes kind of a hybrid player with a lack of intensity. KG is what a dream Lamar is plus gives you more inside D than JO. But the most important thing is KG wants to win. If you remember KG's interview where he is crying over losing, you know he'll do everything he can to bring a trophy back to LA if he comes here.
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #10
dblockallstars
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
KG for sure over JO. even if lakers could keep Lamar with JO. Lamar needs to go. He's not a winner. Hes only been on two teams with winning records in his career and that was the last two laker squads. I like Lamar as a person, but the hes kind of a hybrid player with a lack of intensity. KG is what a dream Lamar is plus gives you more inside D than JO. But the most important thing is KG wants to win. If you remember KG's interview where he is crying over losing, you know he'll do everything he can to bring a trophy back to LA if he comes here.
I like Kg but I think u went overboard in sayin that even if JO can b had while keepin odom, u'll still want KG w/ no Odom... Odom has great talent n there's no substiture 4 that... he's an all around player n would only get better with JO by his side - u alwayz hear about he's not really a 2nd option, more of a third option, well he'd finally b able 2 play that role n I think he'd b pretty good @ it.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #11
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:

I totally disagree with you on your take with odom. Odoms heart and will to win this playoffs was a big as kobes. He played through shoulder, elbow, and knee problems throughout the playoffs and your telling me he doesnt want to win? He was playing as hard as kobe and with all the injuries, he played very well. His success didnt begin in LA, he was part of a good nucleus in miami and played very well with them during the season and in the playoffs b4 he got traded. People take his pass first mentality and post a label on him that hes "not intense." You dont have to be a scorer to have intensity. He played hard this playoffs and i tip my hat to him. That being said, i am not saying to keep lamar over kg of course, kg would intstantly make us contenders but we can talk all this KG commin to LA talk but its really unrealistic. Superstars to your own conference dont usually happen. JO is much more likely to come over given that he has demanded a trade and is in the east. BUt getting him will likely involve lamar odom. Obvioulsy we would all love to have KG in LA but we are really living ina fantasy land if we think hes commin.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:37 PM   #12
akts
Serious playground baller

I like KG.... of course.. but it aint gonna happen. I know kupcake is gonna look at the tinsley oneal deal and say yeah.. that fixes us.. lets give em bynum, brown , odom, and probably farmar/or cook ... to make it happen.
To me way too much. We were hurt.. I know our team could have done better.. but so can people when they say they could have done better given another shot.
It still does not get us deep into the playoffs.. we still would be hurting in the depth dept.
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:15 PM   #13
sammdogg
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I totally disagree with you on your take with odom. Odoms heart and will to win this playoffs was a big as kobes. He played through shoulder, elbow, and knee problems throughout the playoffs and your telling me he doesnt want to win? He was playing as hard as kobe and with all the injuries, he played very well. His success didnt begin in LA, he was part of a good nucleus in miami and played very well with them during the season and in the playoffs b4 he got traded. People take his pass first mentality and post a label on him that hes "not intense." You dont have to be a scorer to have intensity. He played hard this playoffs and i tip my hat to him. That being said, i am not saying to keep lamar over kg of course, kg would intstantly make us contenders but we can talk all this KG commin to LA talk but its really unrealistic. Superstars to your own conference dont usually happen. JO is much more likely to come over given that he has demanded a trade and is in the east. BUt getting him will likely involve lamar odom. Obvioulsy we would all love to have KG in LA but we are really living ina fantasy land if we think hes commin.

KG is not really unrealistic. No more unrealistic than Jermaine O'neal. JO wants to be team leader, Isiah wants him and is more likely to get him because they have more to offer. It is more realistic Lakers arent going to get JO or KG.

As far as Odom, he is injury prone and can be streaky. He gets discouraged easily and he is NOT a leader. He is a good stat player and good for a fantasy team but in real life he's not a winner. The Lakers winning a championship with Odom as a major player is as farfetched as Bynum being an all star by his fourth season.

This is all IMO so feel free to comment back why Lamar is a great player who never catches a break.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:18 PM   #14
sammdogg
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akts
I like KG.... of course.. but it aint gonna happen. I know kupcake is gonna look at the tinsley oneal deal and say yeah.. that fixes us.. lets give em bynum, brown , odom, and probably farmar/or cook ... to make it happen.
To me way too much. We were hurt.. I know our team could have done better.. but so can people when they say they could have done better given another shot.
It still does not get us deep into the playoffs.. we still would be hurting in the depth dept.

I think getting JO does not get the Lakers deep in the playoffs, he is not enough. Besides that hes injury prone and does not shoot at a high percentage especially for a big man. Kobe and JO is a crappy version of TMac and Yao Ming
Old 05-08-2007, 10:41 PM   #15
akts
Serious playground baller

Quote:
I think getting JO does not get the Lakers deep in the playoffs, he is not enough. Besides that hes injury prone and does not shoot at a high percentage especially for a big man. Kobe and JO is a crappy version of TMac and Yao Ming

LOL! You are right.. but if he could keep JO down low with turiaf.. I could live with that percentage.................
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: