Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
Andrew from tex
Not airballing my layups anymore

Default ASPN : Lakers Dont Worry I see a good 3 way Trade

Reporting live from ASPN studios I am Andrew Nash along side the BEST fans in the NBA with a crowd of over 15,000 sits some Lakers lovers , I will be taking questions from the studio here live after the break

Tim Jones: Do you think that the Mavericks would really trade Dirk for Garnett ?

Andrew Nash: Well Tim my sources tell me no "not at all" there is no chance they make an trade to send him away atleast not for just Garnett and the reason why is because they still have faith in Dirk being that he is only 28 and in his prime , they will look to add an defense of player and maybe an Big Man to help with rebounds on the inside to give Dirk better looks from the outside so he wont have to force them like he did in the playoffs

Jerry Johnson: what do you think about J O'neal telling the pacers that he wants to go to play in NY with the Knicks ?

Andrew Nash: Well I hate to say it but there is truth behind it , right now there is rumor circulating around that they will look to give O'neal what he really wants and he would love the chace to play in NY to where he would be the number one option instead of somewhere where like L.A. where he would come second to someone like Kobe the chances that he comes here right now are still looking ok but if we really want him then Kobe better get on the phone

Randy timms: So who do you think we will end up getting if not J O'neal ?

Andrew Nash: Well If J O'neal really ends up in NY look for them trying to trade to get an big man like Malik Rose to take O'neal's place and a young gun that can shoot in Quentin Richardson and some defense with Jared Jeffries and the Pacers will try to throw in Shawne Williams to make the salaries match up but NY would rather have Danny Granger so maybe there's an chance that we get involved and send NY Lamar , Bynum , Cook and Kwame so that he could give them some cap relief after next season which they need badly and we would get Nate , Lee , Crawford and francis from them , why would they do this ??? because they would get a center back to help out O'neal since Malik Rose would be gone and cap relief once Kwame is gone then they would be getting rid of stevie which at this point looks like what they want to do , so basically the deal looks even the only person they would miss is Nate because they need a point guard but look for them to use there MLE for someone or try to pull off another trade ,and if that deal went through all we would have to do is get a center to help out Mihm with our MLE If not for that trade look for us to push for Garnett or maybe pull of getting R. Lewis and maybe even Allen along with him ??? Hey anything is possible right now

Last edited by Andrew from tex : 05-07-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Andrew from tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #2
Devientz
I rule the local playground

Default Re: ASPN : Lakers Dont Worry I see a good 3 way Trade

Hmm interesting read but I'm a little confused...
Why would THEY do this?!:
Lamar , Bynum , Cook and Kwame for Nate , Lee , Crawford and francis

Maybe its just me but that not a great trade onour part. I mean give up our 2nd best player and 2 centers for 3 guards and a forward thats not on par with Lamar? It would certainly solve our guard problem and maybe give us a little depth but not what this team needs imo

Edit: Didnt realize you came up with this, thought it was an article..anyways its always good to see someone trying to come up with rational ideas though so no disrespect

Last edited by Devientz : 05-07-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Devientz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:04 PM   #3
Andrew from tex
Not airballing my layups anymore

Francis isnt the Franchise for no reason he is still good and we saw what lee could do during all star weekend and are you crazy Crawford can ball and he would be a REAL second option at making shots and lets not forget about Nate's passion our line up would look pretty and we could land an solid free agent center

Nate/farmar/francis
kobe/crawford/francis/evans
luke/lee/crawford
lee/turiaf/free agent
mihm/freeagent

THE PROBLEM WITH LAKER FANS IS WE ALWAYS WANT TO GET A TRADE THATS NOT FAIR WELL THIS TRADE MATCHES UP AND IT IS EVEN BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE GETTING LAMAR WHICH IS INCOSISTENT , BYNUM WHICH ISNT A GUARNTEE THAT HE IS GOING TO BE GOOD/OR GREAT AND THEN THEY GET KWAME THAT IS ONLY A BIG BODY THAT CAN PLAY DEFENSE ... COME ON MAN THIS IS AN EQUAL DEAL AND COOK IS CRAP AND I DO SEE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ABOUT IT HELPING OUR GAURD POSTIONS BUT I HAVE SEEN CRAWFORD PLAY SF PRETTY WELL BEFORE AND MAYBE WE WOULD BE ABLE TO GET A COUPLE OF SOLID FREE AGENTS I WAS JUST TRYING TO GIVE AN IDEAL TRADE YOU CAN TAKE AWAY OR ADD TO IT

Last edited by Andrew from tex : 05-07-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Andrew from tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:12 PM   #4
Devientz
I rule the local playground

All I'm saying is that this, to me, is putting all our eggs in one basket for a trade that guarantees nothing. We give up any presence we have inside and at the same time lose all our trade assets. We get 3 guards and a Forward for a forward and 2 centers and our only outside shooter that other teams might want. Its not that the players were trading for aren't good, its just that I don't think theyre what this team needs. Just my opinion.
Devientz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:52 PM   #5
gts
shhhhhhh

clever post andrew. i don't agree with it all but i salute your effort and sense of fun...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:11 PM   #6
LA.MJ&KB#1
Decent college freshman

Good conversation, but I don't agree I think we are giving up to much. Just my opinion..
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #7
Laker's Future
Banned

Lamar Bynum Cook and Kwame for Nate Lee Crawford and francis

I like the Idea of getting Lee and Crawford Nate uhhh maybe but the Killer in this deal Francis=

Lamar is from New York and would be a good fit on the team. Can any one think of a good trade Idea with the Knicks? I believe that we can pull off a good deal to help improve the team. But what deal do you think we can pull off?

Looking at that trade which I don't like at all, How about just Odom and draft pick for Crawford and Lee? Or if we can send Brown Odom sign and trade Walton for Lee Crawford and Cury. Ahh It just to hard to figure a deal that would help both teams. Any Ideas? I doubt that Francis would be a good pick up. IMO And I would love to have Marbury but his 20 mil is just too high to accept.
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:58 AM   #8
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

nice try but we can get soo much beeter for jus bynum alone ... like jkidd, and id rather have jkidd over franciss any day
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:16 AM   #9
gts
shhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`
nice try but we can get soo much beeter for jus bynum alone ... like jkidd, and id rather have jkidd over franciss any day
you can't get kidd for bynum alone, the salaries have to match player A makes 2 million and Player B makes 16 million... so you have to package up enough players that add up to within a certain % of 16 million espn has a trade checker where you can input the players and it will give you a scenario if it works or not
Old 05-08-2007, 04:30 AM   #10
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
you can't get kidd for bynum alone, the salaries have to match player A makes 2 million and Player B makes 16 million... so you have to package up enough players that add up to within a certain % of 16 million espn has a trade checker where you can input the players and it will give you a scenario if it works or not

ya i know bynum and fillers, kwame is attractive with his 9 mill expiring contract..

hopfuly vince leave NJ, cz if he goes then kidd forsure goes too
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:33 AM   #11
gts
shhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`
ya i know bynum and fillers, kwame is attractive with his 9 mill expiring contract..

hopfuly vince leave NJ, cz if he goes then kidd forsure goes too
i think that will depend on how this playoff series with the cavs go, if the nets make it to the ECF management may decide to make a couple smaller moves and ride out kidds contract, if they get knocked out by the Cavs they could very well decide to blow it up and start again, this is the third or fourth generation of a kidd led team and they may view it as time for a youth movement
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: