Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2007, 06:23 PM   #1
Cool
College superstar
 
Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,739
Default Jermaine O'Neal Wants To Go To The Knicks, Not the Lakers?

Quote:
Sources that spoke with Sam Smith of the Chicago Tribune, say Jermaine O'Neal already has told the Pacers he wants to be traded to the Knicks and former Pacers coach and close friend Isiah Thomas.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...e_to_new_york/
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:17 PM   #2
Laker's Future
Banned
 
Laker's Future's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Near Earth
Posts: 274
Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal Wants To Go To The Knicks, Not the Lakers?

I wonder who the Pacers will get in this trade? I'm sure they will be demanding Lee, that be crazy if they didn't. IMO Nobody would be dumb enough to accept Marbury contract. Wait Bird traded an injured Peja for Artest. Then gave the Warriors Jackson, spoke too soon.
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:32 PM   #3
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned
 
KINGofTHEcourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chillin in the lab
Posts: 1,533
Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal Wants To Go To The Knicks, Not the Lakers?

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

I was right Cool, JO doesn't want to be a Laker. He likes teh Knicks

Sorry but this^ had to be done. Jermaine wouldn't play for the Lakers because he wouldn't be the main feature of the offense. In New York Jermaine and Curry can both work in the paint on the offense, and create lots of open shots. I wouldn't be suprised that if a deal went down, the Knicks were top 5 in points in the paint at seasons end. Book it.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #4
Cool
College superstar
 
Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,739
Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal Wants To Go To The Knicks, Not the Lakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

I was right Cool, JO doesn't want to be a Laker. He likes teh Knicks

Sorry but this^ had to be done. Jermaine wouldn't play for the Lakers because he wouldn't be the main feature of the offense. In New York Jermaine and Curry can both work in the paint on the offense, and create lots of open shots. I wouldn't be suprised that if a deal went down, the Knicks were top 5 in points in the paint at seasons end. Book it.

Please read this and dont make conclusions after just one article,
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39966

There is 2 articles in there that say otherwise, people are goana be saying sh*t all summer. But nobody knows what will happen, so relax.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:49 PM   #5
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned
 
KINGofTHEcourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chillin in the lab
Posts: 1,533
Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal Wants To Go To The Knicks, Not the Lakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
Please read this and dont make conclusions after just one article,
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39966

There is 2 articles in there that say otherwise, people are goana be saying sh*t all summer. But nobody knows what will happen, so relax.
It says Bryant want to bring in JO. Ofcourse he does. Bryant wants to bring in KG, JO, Gasol, Camby, anyone who can help him. But its not about what Bryant wants. The Lakers have nothing to offer to the Pacers organization, and the Knicks do. If O'neal says he wants to go play with the Knicks under Isiah, then I doubt he will be happy on a Lakers squad. And Indiana wouldn't be happy with what they get from the Lakers .

EDIT: O'neal doesn't say he wants to be a Laker in that article, it says he is teammate thinks he might want to.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:21 PM   #6
HollaBolla
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,016
Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal Wants To Go To The Knicks, Not the Lakers?

Bynum is a beast!!!
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:25 PM   #7
Cool
College superstar
 
Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,739
Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal Wants To Go To The Knicks, Not the Lakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
It says Bryant want to bring in JO. Ofcourse he does. Bryant wants to bring in KG, JO, Gasol, Camby, anyone who can help him. But its not about what Bryant wants. The Lakers have nothing to offer to the Pacers organization, and the Knicks do. If O'neal says he wants to go play with the Knicks under Isiah, then I doubt he will be happy on a Lakers squad. And Indiana wouldn't be happy with what they get from the Lakers .

EDIT: O'neal doesn't say he wants to be a Laker in that article, it says he is teammate thinks he might want to.

Thats really interesting how you skip over things, which my main point was,

Quote:
O'Neal and Bryant are said to be still fairly close after coming into the league together.

That was said in the one of the articles, JO is also close to the Knicks. So things will be said and people will be close, but it dont mean anything. At the end fo the day it dont matter what you say or what I say. If the Pacers/Wolves or whoever has a star, feels its a good deal and they fell it will benefit them, they will do it. And with Bynum's high trade value right now, which is proven right here.

Quote:
Lakers' Bynum in great demand
Monday, Apr 16, 2007 1:42 pm EDT

Getty Images
Every team the Los Angeles Lakers talks to (about trades) asks for center Andrew Bynum. Three scouts told the Denver Post's Marc Spears that if Bynum were in college, he'd rank No. 3 behind Oden and Kevin Durant.
Unfortunately, Bynum hit the wall Feb. 1 and has been a zombie since.
In Lakerdom, there's intense speculation about a Bynum-for-Kevin Garnett deal, even if it overlooks two realities: 1) Minnesota would be loath to send KG to L.A., and 2) Jim Buss, who helped scout Bynum, would lie down in front of the bus to keep him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/t...nba.t.13?pp=20

Quote:
Every team that calls the Lakers or every team the Lakers talk to about trade scenarios also ask about the 7-0 Bynum.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...t=40555&page=2

Quote:
Consider what Indiana Pacers president Donnie Walsh (yes, the guy who could trade Jermaine O'Neal this summer) told the Newark Star-Ledger about Bynum this season: "That kid is working out with Kareem (Abdul-Jabbar), and I wouldn't be surprised if he turns into Kareem. I'm not kidding. I can't imagine what he'll be like at 23."

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1682642.php

And there is so many more articles, that say Bynum is wanted and admired by all. That is a positive for us, if we can use that towards our advantage the right way we could get a great player.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:34 PM   #8
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned
 
KINGofTHEcourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chillin in the lab
Posts: 1,533
Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal Wants To Go To The Knicks, Not the Lakers?

Quote:
Thats really interesting how you skip over things, which my main point was,


Quote:
O'Neal and Bryant are said to be still fairly close after coming into the league together.
I didn't look over anything. Lots of guys around the league are good friends, that doesn't mean they want to be traded to their friends teams. It not like in 3rd grade where you beg to switch seats to get by friends. F*ck outta here, that article doesn't mean anything.

Quote:
Lakers' Bynum in great demand
Monday, Apr 16, 2007 1:42 pm EDT

Getty Images
Every team the Los Angeles Lakers talks to (about trades) asks for center Andrew Bynum. Three scouts told the Denver Post's Marc Spears that if Bynum were in college, he'd rank No. 3 behind Oden and Kevin Durant.
Unfortunately, Bynum hit the wall Feb. 1 and has been a zombie since.
In Lakerdom, there's intense speculation about a Bynum-for-Kevin Garnett deal, even if it overlooks two realities: 1) Minnesota would be loath to send KG to L.A., and 2) Jim Buss, who helped scout Bynum, would lie down in front of the bus to keep him.

KG for Bynum. Its funny how you Laker fans ignore salary cap rules, and think that Bynum is the best thing they could get for KG. Minnesota could get MUCH better offers than that, c'mon now.

Quote:
Every team that calls the Lakers or every team the Lakers talk to about trade scenarios also ask about the 7-0 Bynum.
And? I'm sure many teams could use him, but he's never going to be the centerpiece of a blockbuster deal for a player of KG or JO's caliber. If you Laker fans think you can **** all over another team, and give them your crap for their stars, then you're sadly mistaken.

Quote:
Consider what Indiana Pacers president Donnie Walsh (yes, the guy who could trade Jermaine O'Neal this summer) told the Newark Star-Ledger about Bynum this season: "That kid is working out with Kareem (Abdul-Jabbar), and I wouldn't be surprised if he turns into Kareem. I'm not kidding. I can't imagine what he'll be like at 23."
This is hilarious. Bynum will never be 1/10 the man Kareem was. You're kidding yourself if you by into this article one bit.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,391
Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal Wants To Go To The Knicks, Not the Lakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
I didn't look over anything. Lots of guys around the league are good friends, that doesn't mean they want to be traded to their friends teams. It not like in 3rd grade where you beg to switch seats to get by friends. F*ck outta here, that article doesn't mean anything.



KG for Bynum. Its funny how you Laker fans ignore salary cap rules, and think that Bynum is the best thing they could get for KG. Minnesota could get MUCH better offers than that, c'mon now.


And? I'm sure many teams could use him, but he's never going to be the centerpiece of a blockbuster deal for a player of KG or JO's caliber. If you Laker fans think you can **** all over another team, and give them your crap for their stars, then you're sadly mistaken.


This is hilarious. Bynum will never be 1/10 the man Kareem was. You're kidding yourself if you by into this article one bit.


When they say sources confirm that Jermaine wants to be a knick, thats just about as opinionated at any other article. So you shouldn't get overly excited when you read an article. Anything is just speculation, even when they say "at least 4 of O'Neals teammates believe that he wants to play alongside Kobe Bryant next season." thats just speculation as well.

The only other 2 offers for minnesota are worth considering would be chicago and NJ....Chicago's chemistry is doing great and it's unlikely that they would blow up that roster for Garnett alone. Plus management wouldn't even trade Deng for Pau Gasol which might have been stupid for them...anyways back to the point.

When you have scouts, coaches, and players of dwight and KG's caliber and even Tim Duncan praising Bynum's play in games, then Bynum is doing something right and is on his way to be one hell of a center in this league.

Now I'm not quite saying he's going to be a Jabbar but he's going to be an all-star and I can bet on that.

Lastly, don't blame what Donnie Walsh said on us....he's the one saying Bynum is the next Kareem, us laker fans never thought so so pinpoint your obnoxious laugh at Indy buddy.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:15 PM   #10
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned
 
KINGofTHEcourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chillin in the lab
Posts: 1,533
Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal Wants To Go To The Knicks, Not the Lakers?

Quote:
The only other 2 offers for minnesota are worth considering would be chicago and NJ....Chicago's chemistry is doing great and it's unlikely that they would blow up that roster for Garnett alone. Plus management wouldn't even trade Deng for Pau Gasol which might have been stupid for them...anyways back to the point.
Why wouldn't Chicago need KG? They look like they're going to get swept by the Piston in these playoffs, so they need to fix something.

Quote:
When you have scouts, coaches, and players of dwight and KG's caliber and even Tim Duncan praising Bynum's play in games, then Bynum is doing something right and is on his way to be one hell of a center in this league.

Now I'm not quite saying he's going to be a Jabbar but he's going to be an all-star and I can bet on that.
An all-star appearance or 2 and that'll be it for the kid. David Lee was getting tons of props for all the all-stars on all-start weekend, does that mean he'll be a great player? No. Try again.

Quote:
Lastly, don't blame what Donnie Walsh said on us....he's the one saying Bynum is the next Kareem, us laker fans never thought so so pinpoint your obnoxious laugh at Indy buddy.
All the other stupid Laker fans are pimping this article hard. Cool posted it, eluding to Bynum having potential to be like Kareem when he'll never be a fraction of what Kareem was. So my obnoxious laugh is still looking at you kid.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #11
Cool
College superstar
 
Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,739
Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal Wants To Go To The Knicks, Not the Lakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
I didn't look over anything. Lots of guys around the league are good friends, that doesn't mean they want to be traded to their friends teams. It not like in 3rd grade where you beg to switch seats to get by friends. F*ck outta here, that article doesn't mean anything.



KG for Bynum. Its funny how you Laker fans ignore salary cap rules, and think that Bynum is the best thing they could get for KG. Minnesota could get MUCH better offers than that, c'mon now.


And? I'm sure many teams could use him, but he's never going to be the centerpiece of a blockbuster deal for a player of KG or JO's caliber. If you Laker fans think you can **** all over another team, and give them your crap for their stars, then you're sadly mistaken.


This is hilarious. Bynum will never be 1/10 the man Kareem was. You're kidding yourself if you by into this article one bit.


You said all these articles dont mean sh*t, then this one about JO wanting to go to the Knicks. You should let it go in one ear and out the other. The one about Donnie Walsh thinking he might be Kareem is hype and if teams buy into it we could get a star. You keep saying Bynum is crap great thats your opnion but everyone in the damn league thinks he is the next Kareem, and because so we COULD get JO or KG. Face the damn facts, it could happen because all the hype around Bynum.

Your saying we ignore salary cap rules, these are all articles so none of this was made up by any Laker fans, there even links to the articles. So I dont know what your talking about there.

Here is my stance and then you can take it how you want it. Yes I believe we could get a JO or KG, but it would take a lot plus Bynum. Yes there is salary cap restrictions so I also believe cause that we might not be able to get a deal done at all. Lakers management has not been great when pulling off trades so I dont have confidence in them now, but hopefully they can change my mind. But we will all see, also me or you have no say so. So I dont think GM's are reading your's or my posts. They are listening to scouts and other gm's in the league. And all those other scouts and GM's are saying Bynum is the sh*t if you can get him you do it. Thats all I am saying.

Last edited by Cool : 05-07-2007 at 11:20 PM.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:24 PM   #12
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned
 
KINGofTHEcourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chillin in the lab
Posts: 1,533
Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal Wants To Go To The Knicks, Not the Lakers?

Quote:
You said all these articles dont mean sh*t, then this one about JO wanting to go to the Knicks. You should let it go in one ear and out the other. The one about Donnie Walsh thinking he might be Kareem is hype and if teams buy into it we could get a star. You keep saying Bynum is crap great thats yoru opnion but every in the damn league thinks he is the next Kareem, and because they think that we could get JO or KG. Face the damn facts, it could happen because all the hype around Bynum.
The article about the Knicks says that Jermaine O'neal directly said that he would like to be traded to the Knicks. JO said it! Not JO's grandma, not his neighbor, not his mailman, JO himself said this. All the articles you posted are based on pure speculation. And since when does the whole league think Bynum is the next Kareem? One idiot says it, and the whole league thinks it? Since when is Donnie Walsh the voice of the league? BS post, next.

Quote:
Your saying we ignore salary cap rules, these are all articles so none of this was made up by any Laker fans, there even links to the articles. So i dont want your talking about there.
You are pimping these articles hard in you're arguements, but now you're saying that they have no meaning, like in the quote up there^. Good job changing sides. You say the trade can happen, but in reality, they can't. Get over it.

Quote:
Here is my stance and then you can take how you want to. Yes I believe we could get a JO or KG, but it would take a lot plus Bynum. Yes there is salary cap restrictions so I also believe cause that we might not be able to get a deal done. Lakers management has not been great when pulling off trades so I dont have confidence in them now but hopefully they can change my mind. But we will all see, me or you have no say so, I dont think GM's are reading your's or my posts. They are listening to scouts and other gm's in the league. And all those other scouts and GM's are saying Bynum is the sh*t if you can get him you do it. Thats all I am saying.
You're acting like they said Bynum is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Walsh blew things out of proportion with the Kareem comment, but nobody else said anything like that. I've said it once and i'll say it again. The Pacers/Wolves don't want your crap for their stars.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:24 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,391
Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal Wants To Go To The Knicks, Not the Lakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
Why wouldn't Chicago need KG? They look like they're going to get swept by the Piston in these playoffs, so they need to fix something.

An all-star appearance or 2 and that'll be it for the kid. David Lee was getting tons of props for all the all-stars on all-start weekend, does that mean he'll be a great player? No. Try again.

All the other stupid Laker fans are pimping this article hard. Cool posted it, eluding to Bynum having potential to be like Kareem when he'll never be a fraction of what Kareem was. So my obnoxious laugh is still looking at you kid.

The series for detroit and chicago isn't even over yet...lakers got a win against the suns after getting blown out in game 2. Anything can happen, it's such an unpredictable league.

If Bynum works hard I don't see why he can't be a 5 time all-star for example. If you consider how horrible the average NBA center is nowadays, I don't see why he can't dominate them...Duncan is getting older, Shaq is about to retire in the next few seasons, Yao is good but not aggressive.
I also give David Lee that chance.
How many centers do you know can come off a bench and average 11 rebounds and a double double for that matter? These young guys have such huge potential. It's up to them whether they should live up to their expectations or not.

Bynum has been working hard in summers but needs to step it up during the season I admit. If he works hard enough, his name will be remembered. Not as a hall of famer, but definitely a star. I would still rather see him go if it gets immediate help for Kobe.

Cool actually posted the article just to show what Donnie said and wants to see what he thinks of it. You want to know what I think? I think Walsh is smokin.
That's all Cool wanted...to hear our responses. I know my cousin well enough to know that this article he posted wasn't what he thought at all.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:30 PM   #14
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned
 
KINGofTHEcourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chillin in the lab
Posts: 1,533
Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal Wants To Go To The Knicks, Not the Lakers?

Quote:
The series for detroit and chicago isn't even over yet...lakers got a win against the suns after getting blown out in game 2. Anything can happen, it's such an unpredictable league.
Its over. Snagging one win won't mean a thing. Detroit is clearly in control of these games.

Quote:
If Bynum works hard I don't see why he can't be a 5 time all-star for example. If you consider how horrible the average NBA center is nowadays, I don't see why he can't dominate them...Duncan is getting older, Shaq is about to retire in the next few seasons, Yao is good but not aggressive.
Duncan isn't a center, Shaq plays in the East, and Yao will be voted in no matter what. Irrelevant paragraph, so who is Bynum getting in over? Certainly not Yao, Randolph, Camby etc.

Quote:
I also give David Lee that chance.
How many centers do you know can come off a bench and average 11 rebounds and a double double for that matter? These young guys have such huge potential. It's up to them whether they should live up to their expectations or not.
Lee is a hustle player. He does the Battier/Bowen/Stackhouse work. He's the glue guy, every contender has one. He's not meant to be an all-star.

Quote:
Bynum has been working hard in summers but needs to step it up during the season I admit. If he works hard enough, his name will be remembered. Not as a hall of famer, but definitely a star. I would still rather see him go if it gets immediate help for Kobe.
Pssh, everyone works hard in the summer (except the Knicks), Bynum is no different. Unless he puts in some serious work, he won't improve much.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:35 PM   #15
Cool
College superstar
 
Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,739
Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal Wants To Go To The Knicks, Not the Lakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
The article about the Knicks says that Jermaine O'neal directly said that he would like to be traded to the Knicks. JO said it! Not JO's grandma, not his neighbor, not his mailman, JO himself said this. All the articles you posted are based on pure speculation. And since when does the whole league think Bynum is the next Kareem? One idiot says it, and the whole league thinks it? Since when is Donnie Walsh the voice of the league? BS post, next.


You are pimping these articles hard in you're arguements, but now you're saying that they have no meaning, like in the quote up there^. Good job changing sides. You say the trade can happen, but in reality, they can't. Get over it.


You're acting like they said Bynum is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Walsh blew things out of proportion with the Kareem comment, but nobody else said anything like that. I've said it once and i'll say it again. The Pacers/Wolves don't want your crap for their stars.

If you actually read other articles you would know everybody and the damn mother loves Bynum.

All I am saying is if the GM or person trading with the Lakers is high on Bynum like Rod thorn(Nets gm who demaned Bynum for Kiid or no trade), Donnie walsh the article I justs showed you. Then this trade is gonna happen whether you like it or not. Yes I believe most of our team aint that great except Kobe. So i dont feel GM's like what we have but they do liek Bynum and thats all that matters, if they feel Bynum will be a stud and they ae high on him they will trade for him. Your so not high on Bynum, your making it sound like he is a bust, when in reality he has plenty of time to grow.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy